For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

User avatar
 
By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Goateed
Community Contributor
1E American National Second Runner-Up 2020
#522094
Hey all!

The Return to Talos IV Series had a planned hiatus for August to leave room for Worlds and perhaps Chair's Challenge events, but since that all got broomed, I reached out to Kris and I will be running an OPEN Constructed event instead.

That's right, the original rules. Bring your Hexany, your Horgah'n, and your [Ref] cards - you're going to need them!

While this event is NOT part of the RTT4 series, it IS part of the Subspace Series and is eligible for prizes accordingly!

Kickoff is next Friday (7/31) so it's not too late to sign up!

And don't worry, the Return to Talos IV series will resume in September with a Voyager Constructed event! Start planning your decks for that one as well!
User avatar
 
By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Goateed
Community Contributor
1E American National Second Runner-Up 2020
#522677
We're 48 Hours from kickoff and we have 4 registered.

Is anyone else feeling bold enough to dive into this pool of crazy?
User avatar
Social Media Manager
By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Social Media Manager
 -  
1E American National Participant 2020
#522745
Armus wrote:We're 48 Hours from kickoff and we have 4 registered.

Is anyone else feeling bold enough to dive into this pool of crazy?
Did you ever decide if 2EBC are in the pool? Asking for a friend
User avatar
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2019
2E World Semi-Finalist 2019
Socialite
1E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
2E North American Continental Champion 2019
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2020
  Trek Masters 2E Champion 2020
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2019
2E American National Champion 2020
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2020
#522762
Caretaker's Guest wrote:I have a question: Are the erratas in effect or play the cards like they read before erratas?
I would assume that, as the cards in Lackey have the errata text, the cards would be as they appear in Lackey. But that's just my thoughts.

Michael
User avatar
 
By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Goateed
Community Contributor
1E American National Second Runner-Up 2020
#522764
DarkSabre wrote:
Armus wrote:We're 48 Hours from kickoff and we have 4 registered.

Is anyone else feeling bold enough to dive into this pool of crazy?
Did you ever decide if 2EBC are in the pool? Asking for a friend
There's no decision. 2EBC cards are no longer supported in CC events as of December 2018

https://www.trekcc.org/articles/index.p ... ticle=2413

While there does remain an exception for "special scenario events" I don't consider Open, a CC-supported format, to be a "special scenario" in that context. However, if there's demand for it, I may run such a scenario in the future.

So short answer: No, 2EBC cards are NOT allowed in this event.

My apologies to your friend.
User avatar
 
By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Goateed
Community Contributor
1E American National Second Runner-Up 2020
#522765
The Ninja Scot wrote:
Caretaker's Guest wrote:I have a question: Are the erratas in effect or play the cards like they read before erratas?
I would assume that, as the cards in Lackey have the errata text, the cards would be as they appear in Lackey. But that's just my thoughts.

Michael
This is the correct answer.

Cards are played as they exist today, not how they may have existed in the errata-less hellscape that was 1e circa 2002. :wink:
User avatar
Social Media Manager
By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Social Media Manager
 -  
1E American National Participant 2020
#522802
Armus wrote:
DarkSabre wrote:
Armus wrote:We're 48 Hours from kickoff and we have 4 registered.

Is anyone else feeling bold enough to dive into this pool of crazy?
Did you ever decide if 2EBC are in the pool? Asking for a friend
There's no decision. 2EBC cards are no longer supported in CC events as of December 2018

https://www.trekcc.org/articles/index.p ... ticle=2413

While there does remain an exception for "special scenario events" I don't consider Open, a CC-supported format, to be a "special scenario" in that context. However, if there's demand for it, I may run such a scenario in the future.

So short answer: No, 2EBC cards are NOT allowed in this event.

My apologies to your friend.
Asked because you said Decipher rules. Decipher rules clearly allow 2EBC. Wanted to double check before finalizing a deck

Others also might of been confused
User avatar
 
By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Goateed
Community Contributor
1E American National Second Runner-Up 2020
#522874
Looks like we ended up with 5 players for this gig. Here are your Round 1 pairings:

Michael Van Breemen (The Ninja Scot) vs. Dan Hamman (SirDan)

Austin Chandler (Darksabre) vs. Sebastian Kirstein (The Caretaker's Guest)

Brian Sykes (Armus) vs. BYE

Please try to have your Round 1 games complete by next Saturday (8/8/2020).

Good luck, everyone! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Magic The Gathering

Death & Taxes and Heliod Combo is quite strong[…]

WotC8 - Step 7 - Vote to Proceed

For reference, the winner: Seeds or plays on tab[…]

We are now at 19 players registered! We only need […]

jadziadax8 FW kaiten619 70-0 Thanks for the good […]