For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
With Nationals and (not a) Worlds soon to be in the rearview mirror, the 2020 Return to Talos IV Series returns in September. This month we're firing up Voyager Constructed! Also, as with all RTT4 events, this tournament is also Subspace Series prize-eligible

Released in 2001, The Voyager expansion, and its follow-on expansion, The Borg, represented the start of a new era in STCCG. With a focus on the faraway Delta Quadrant, with its new affiliations, new species, new missions, and new dangers, Voyager was a new game in a lot of ways.

One of the ways is that unlike previous STCCG expansions, Voyager was designed to be a standalone game. The starter decks were designed to be playable out of the box in Warp Speed format, or combined with booster packs for a fully immersive 1e Constructed experience.

To celebrate this milestone in the game, the September event will be the standalone constructed format introduced by Decipher 19 years ago. Only cards from the Voyager and The Borg expansions will be eligible for this event. Will the Voyager crew find their way home? Will the Vidiians harvest everyone they come across? Will the Kazon blow up whoever is in their way, will the Hirogen hunt their prey to victory, or will the Borg do their Borg thing and dominate the spaceline? We'll all find out soon enough - stay tuned!

Everyone Registered or Thinking about Registering, please read the following:

As this is an OTF event, the OTF rules and ban list remain in force. HOWEVER, for this event I am considering allowing Delta Quadrant Spatial Scission to be played - albeit in its current, errataed form.

I don't want any surprises or hard feelings though, and I know that this card is one of the main culprits of the "Dark times" of 2001 to 2002, so if anybody who's playing in this event (or even considering playing in this event) has an objection, then we'll move forward without it. The main goal of this thing is to have fun, and if seeing DQSS in the card pool makes it less fun, then it won't be in the card pool.

At this point my going-in position is to allow it, but if anyone has any objections, either post here or PM me with your thoughts. I will make a final decision by Monday, 8/31 so everyone has next week to build their decks before we start the event.

This event kicks off on Friday, September 4th. If you haven't registered yet, what are you waiting for? It's not too late - yet - but it will be soon!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
What if you could only use DQSS on non-DA [Hir] , [Kaz] or [Vid] personnel for this event? I could get behind this sort of restriction.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
jadziadax8 wrote:What if you could only use DQSS on non-DA [Hir] , [Kaz] or [Vid] personnel for this event? I could get behind this sort of restriction.
So, that would leave it available for [Bor] [Fed] [NA] since there's only two sets that this tournament pulls from - Voyager and The Borg.

Michael
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Ninja Scot wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:What if you could only use DQSS on non-DA [Hir] , [Kaz] or [Vid] personnel for this event? I could get behind this sort of restriction.
So, that would leave it available for [Bor] [Fed] [NA] since there's only two sets that this tournament pulls from - Voyager and The Borg.

Michael
It would be unavailable to [Bor], [Fed] and [NA]. My thought was to restrict it to being used only by [Hir] , [Kaz] or [Vid] personnel.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Yeah. Given that I've gotten neutral-to-negative feedback on DQSS, we're going to leave it on the bench and just make this a regular OTF gig.

I do like your modified DQSS idea though, and I'll be putting that one in my back pocket for future use... :shifty:

:cheersL:
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Spectre9 wrote:So are we playing to 140 points since this is OTF?
Since I don't believe that there are any AQ missions in either of those sets, then both players are going to 100 points per OTF rules (i.e. You Are a Monument doesn't apply when both players are all in quadrants other than the AQ.)

Michael

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The Ninja Scot wrote:
Since I don't believe that there are any AQ missions in either of those sets, then both players are going to 100 points per OTF rules (i.e. You Are a Monument doesn't apply when both players are all in quadrants other than the AQ.)

Michael
:thumbsup:

This is the correct answer.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Armus wrote:
The Ninja Scot wrote:

Michael
:thumbsup:

This is the correct answer.
All missions in the pool are DQ, so you don't have the opportunity to screw over your opponent (which is me admitting that I thought about YAAM, looked at the wording, and went to see what scumbag options might be available :shifty: ).
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation