For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
LORE wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:41 am
Clerasil ToB wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:36 am What about changing the deck between the rounds? (of course only with the drafted Cards...)
It is sealed deck, so you should be able to. But I think in this case, Jules should have to take a shot prior to his next scheduled match for every card he changes. :shifty:
I thought Doping is also illegal in 2E... :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Question - with ID Remastered, do we now move to a dilemma pack after missions or is it right into people mixed in with dilemmas?

Also, I have company in town this weekend and my drafting may be delayed as a result (especially tomorrow.) Apologies, fellas, I will draft my cards as soon as I can this weekend.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
LORE wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:03 am Question - with ID Remastered, do we now move to a dilemma pack after missions or is it right into people mixed in with dilemmas?

Also, I have company in town this weekend and my drafting may be delayed as a result (especially tomorrow.) Apologies, fellas, I will draft my cards as soon as I can this weekend.
No dilemma pack, everything is mixed. You'll be getting six boosters (in two waves of three).

Since missions are just about wrapped up, I'll send the first set of packs out late tonight.
 -  
First set of packs has been sent out. If missions are still being passed, finish them up first; this'll give you a little time to look them over.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
OKCoyote wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:11 am First set of packs has been sent out. If missions are still being passed, finish them up first; this'll give you a little time to look them over.
Thanks, Dan. I don't know about my fellow drafters, but I have to say this has been a very exciting draft so far. Several tough choices in those first 6 packs - do I take the person or the verb? The ship or the dilemma? If you are not involved in this gig, you are truly missing out!
 -  
I'm considering doing a live Winston Draft online as my 2E Regional this year. (Google Winston Draft if you don't know what it is.) I think I can make it work over Lackey. If not, I can point my camera at a pile of cards.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
LORE wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:18 amThanks, Dan. I don't know about my fellow drafters, but I have to say this has been a very exciting draft so far. Several tough choices in those first 6 packs - do I take the person or the verb? The ship or the dilemma? If you are not involved in this gig, you are truly missing out!
I'd be much happier if I hadn't really, really f*&^ed up drafting until today. Time to pivot and see what I can salvage!

-crp
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
OKCoyote wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:00 pm I'm considering doing a live Winston Draft online as my 2E Regional this year. (Google Winston Draft if you don't know what it is.) I think I can make it work over Lackey. If not, I can point my camera at a pile of cards.
If it is an STCCG draft tournament, I am almost assuredly in!
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Follow-up question - I remember in ID Drafts of old, you got to pull back all the dual dilemmas once a mission was solved. This rule seems to have been rescinded in the ID Draft revised rules. Just to be clear, there is NO dilemma recycling in this event, correct?

P.S. - I think we are ready for our next 3 packs. I am giddy with the possibilities! :cheersL:
 -  
LORE wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:16 am Follow-up question - I remember in ID Drafts of old, you got to pull back all the dual dilemmas once a mission was solved. This rule seems to have been rescinded in the ID Draft revised rules. Just to be clear, there is NO dilemma recycling in this event, correct?

P.S. - I think we are ready for our next 3 packs. I am giddy with the possibilities! :cheersL:
Correct, that's not in the current rules. Just discard pile recycling.

Packs look done or almost done. I'll send the rest tonight.
 -  
Didnt get a chance to send the packs, so it may be Wednesday night instead. Apologies for the delay.
 -  
Looks like we're almost done with the draft, and should be more or less finished in 24 hours or so. It's a round robin format, but I'll have official pairings up Sunday night.

BTW, if you've been copying cards into a text file as you draft, the cards will almost perfectly copy/paste into the Lackey deck builder. The only mistake I made is that cards with subtitles (missions, unique personnel and ships) will not copy over unless you delete the comma first. Sorry - lesson learned for next time.
 -  
OK - since drafting is wrapping up I'll go ahead and announce pairings.

...actually, since there are four players, this will be a round robin event, and you can play your games in any order. I'd advise that you still try to get in approximately one game a week (in other words, don't try to cram them all in at the last minute).

As this is an online event, each round has a 75-minute time limit. You have until Monday, October 19th, to get all games in.

Though you are welcome to play your games in any order, for the official record (and tie-breakers and such), the actual pairings will be:

Round 1:
Charlie Plaine vs. Julius Melhardt
Kris Sonsteby vs. Bruce Parrish

Round 2:
two winners of r1 play each other
two losers of r1 play each other

Round 3:
remaining pairings

Good luck and happy gaming!
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]