For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The 2020 Return to Talos IV Series rolls on in October. This month we're firing up the second of our Voyager era events: Warp Speed! Also, as with all RTT4 events, this tournament is also Subspace Series prize-eligible

Released in 2001, The Voyager expansion was designed to be a standalone game. The starter decks were designed to be playable out of the box in Warp Speed format, or combined with booster packs for a fully immersive 1e Constructed experience.

To celebrate this milestone in the game, the October event will be the Warp Speed format introduced by Decipher 19 years ago. Each Player will receive one Voyager Starter and 4 Voyager Boosters. Warp speed rules apply: Deck paramaters are: Exactly 3 missions, Max 10 seed cards, and Minimum 20 Draw Deck cards. All affiliations are compatible, 2 card plays per turn, even up to 7 cards at the end of each turn, first to solve space and planet wins.

Also, like EPP Warp speed, you can seed one card at your outpost (it counts against your 10 limit), but UNLIKE EPP Warp Speed, there's no built-in outposts, so players will have to choose between offense in the form of a starting card, or defense in the form of an extra dilemma.

Additionally, there is NO BAN LIST! You pull it, you can play it. All current errata apply, because that's what's in Lackey, but if you can make Delta Quadrant Spatial Scission work in Warp Speed, more power to you!

(Note The Big Picture doesn't help, because victory isn't conditioned on points, just the mission types that TBP already requires).

I've heard that this is a very popular event, and I'm hoping we get some turnout. We kick off NEXT Friday (October 2nd, 2020) with initial card pools and pairings, so I would encourage anyone who's thinking of joining to go ahead and pre-register so we can make sure you get your stuff. We're currently at 8 as of this writing, so that's currently 3 rounds, but if we get any more then we'll go to 4 rounds (or 5 if we crack 16... the sky's the limit!)

Need any more reason to sign up? Ok, here's one more incentive: Including this event there are 3 RTT4 events left on the Calendar, so if you want any chance of qualifying for the RTT4 foil, you need to log at least 3 events, so if you don't get in now, it's not gonna happen. What are you waiting for?

Can we set the attendance record for the year with this classic gig? We'll all find out in a week. Stay Tuned!!!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
We're sitting on 11 players. Can we get a 12th?

Where's @Neelix ? He likes Warp Speed, right?

Card pools are going out and pairings are going up as soon as I can generate them. Let me know if you want in so we can avoid that dreaded bye!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
My cajoling worked and we have 12! That means FOUR Rounds!

I'd also like to take this opportunity to welcome HsuDoNihm to their first tournament! :cheersL: :cheersL:

Here are the first round pairings:

Matthew McCalpin (Professor Scott) vs. Joseph Wisniewski (GeraldKW)

Joe Kallstrom (Commander Joe) vs. Scott Baughman (Neelix)

Stephen P (Spectre9) vs. Kris Sonsteby (LORE)

Maggie Geppert (JadziaDax8) vs. Julius Melhardt (Clerasil ToB)

Michael Van Breemen (The Ninja Scot) vs. Jon Carter (pfti)

Edwin Latrell (Latrell) vs. HsuDoNihm (HsuDoNihm)

Please try to have your decks built and games played no later than Saturday, October 17, 2020. If everyone finishes before then I'll start Round 2 early.

Good luck, everyone, and - most importantly - have fun! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Professor Scott wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:31 pm Is it bad that I already have my deck ready?
Why would that be a bad thing? I mean, of COURSE I didn't work on my deck today instead of writing a quiz for my students...

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:41 pm
Professor Scott wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:31 pm Is it bad that I already have my deck ready?
Why would that be a bad thing? I mean, of COURSE I didn't work on my deck today instead of writing a quiz for my students...
Lol, I meant bad that
1) I am so anxious for this
2)I clearly have nothing better to do
3) I have no desire to go find something better to do!
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Professor Scott wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:18 am Lol, I meant bad that
1) I am so anxious for this
2)I clearly have nothing better to do
3) I have no desire to go find something better to do!
Guilty as charged myself. I started looking at my card pool at 9 p.m. last night. Next thing I knew, it was 11 p.m. and I was almost done with the deck. Who needs sleep anyway?

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Clerasil ToB wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:48 pm Maggie destroyed me 60-30... :shifty:
Guess you just received your...

Dax-inations.

I'll go now.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation