For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
This is it. The 2020 Return to Farpoint (RTFP) finale!

The final installment of the series kicks off as we approach the holidays. In the spirit of giving this time of year, this will be the biggest "giveaway" yet: RAINBOW SEALED DECK!

What's a rainbow sealed deck, you ask? Simple. You get one of every booster pack. Premiere, Energize, Call to Arms, Necessary Evil, Reflections 2.0, Strange New Worlds, To Boldly Go, Captain's Log, These Are The Voyages, In a Mirror, Darkly, and What You Leave Behind (no Fractured Time, Dangerous Missions, or Genesis - they aren't boosters).

On top of that, in order to make sure everybody has a playable deck, this event will include a starter draft! That's right, you get to see your pulls, then decide which of the 6 starters ( [TNG] , [DS9] , [Kli] , [Rom] , [Bor] , [Dom] ) you'd like to add.

But that's not all! In order to maximize playability, this event will also feature the Mercenary Rule: Any personnel or ship can play to a headquarters that it can't normally play to at cost +1. That should open up some deck building options.

One Caveat: to avoid total degeneracy, Information Drone's ability can only be used with non- [Bor] personnel you command but don't own. Can't make it TOO easy!

Sounds fun already, right? But we're not done yet! As with all RTFP events, this gig is part of the Subspace Series - which means if you play you qualify for prizes courtesy of our DoOP: Kris Sonsteby!

Still not enough, you say? Fine. You drive a hard bargain, but I want players in the arena. As a reminder, playing in this event will get you some RTFP participation points, and a few players are closing in on the magic number of 10 points to qualify for a Return to Farpoint promo foil. However, as an additional incentive, anyone who plays in this event and finishes all of their games will qualify for an ADDITIONAL, BONUS RTFP Foil! That means if you haven't played in any events, or haven't played in enough events to qualify, playing in this event will allow you to still get a foil. It's the giving season, so we're giving!

What are you waiting for? This thing kicks off Friday, November 6th and will run 3 or 4 (or 5?) rounds, depending on turnout. Get signed up today!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I see we're up to 10 people pre-registered! That's awesome!

With 4 days to go, can we get it up to 12? or even 16?

Last call for the 2020 Return to Farpoint series! Come get that foil!!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ok we ended up with 10, so that means 4 rounds and no bye!

Assuming I did everything correctly, everyone should have their preliminary cardpool in their PMs. If you don't let me know. If you do, please review, decide which starter you'd like, and let me know so I can add your starter of choice to your card pool.

Here are the round 1 pairings:

Michael Shea (The Prefect) vs. Kris Sonsteby (LORE)

Michael Van Breemen (The Ninja Scot) vs. Peter Hill (leonardmccoy)

Jon Carter (pfti) vs. Maggie Geppert (JadziaDax8)

Julius Melhardt (Clerasil ToB) BYE vs. Charlie Plaine (MidnightLich)

Oliver Thust (Bashircommander) vs. Eric Robinett (rycar60)

As a reminder, there's a week in the schedule for deckbuilding. As such, please try to have your first game results in no later than Saturday, November 21, 2020. If we get all results in sooner, I'll start round 2 sooner.

Good luck, everyone, and have fun! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
All card pools have been sent out!

While we're waiting for Round 1 results to come in, here is the breakdown of starters drafted:

[Rom] - 3
[TNG] - 2
[Dom] - 2
[Kli] - 1
[Bor] - 1

Only [DS9] got left out in the cold this time, which I find very surprising... no love for the 1-span HQ?!

As a reminder, Round 1 games are due this Saturday (11/21/2020), but I will announce Round 2 pairings early if we get all results in before then.

Have fun! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
With the early finish, here are the early Round 2 pairings as promised:

Eric Robinett (Rycar60) vs. Jon Carter (pfti)

Charlie Plaine (MidnightLich) vs. Kris Sonsteby (LORE)

Michael Van Breemen (The Ninja Scot) vs. Michael Shea (The Prefect)

Oliver Thust (Bashircommander) vs. Peter Hill (leonardmccoy)

Maggie Geppert (JadziaDax8) vs. BYE

Please try to have your games in by next Saturday (11/28/2020). Again, if I get all results in early I'll do pairings early.

Good luck, everyone! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation