For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Good morning, cyber competitors! Masters... of the Universe III begins in just a few short days. First round pairings for our tributes will be cited in the thread below on Monday. Players will have until the following Monday to get together, play and report the result. Results should be reported here via forum post or via a PM to yours truly, LORE.

As mentioned several times before, this event is Subspace Championship Series prize eligible, and I still have plenty of repurposed Continental foils, repurposed Worlds foils, and Borderless promos to give away. Don't miss your chance to grab these great cards! Pre-register here: https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11621

Second Edition Masters... of the Universe III
Format: Constructed
Card Pool: Complete
Rules: Standard

- Lackey and a mutually agreed upon voice communication app (Skype, Discord, etc.) are required to play
- Rules/Banned cards in effect at the start of the tournament remain in effect throughout
- You may NOT change your decks between rounds
- Deck lists are REQUIRED - please send the deck ID to the Tournament Director upon the conclusion of the event or link it to the tournament page yourself, whichever you prefer
- Wins, Losses, Byes, and Missed Games for un-scheduled / un-played matches over the course of the event will be handled on a case-by-case basis by the Organized Play department or an outside neutral party
- 75 minute time limit per game (players are highly encouraged to enforce this)

1st Round:
pairings announced: Monday, October 19th
results due by: Sunday, October 25th

2nd Round:
pairings announced: Monday, October 26th
results due by: Sunday, November 1st

3rd Round:
pairings announced: Monday, November 2nd
results due by: Sunday, November 8th

4th Round:
pairings announced: Monday, November 9th
results due by: Sunday, November 15th

5th Round:
pairings announced: Monday, November 16th
results due by: Sunday, November 22nd

Please pre-register on the tournament page (link at the top of this post and imbedded in this thread) on or before Monday, October 19th. If you have any questions leading up to the event, please post them here.

Good luck, tributes! And may the odds be ever in your favor...

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:03 pm
Naetor wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:41 pm Who wants a shot at the Champ?
I do! Which of your decks should I blatantly rip off to give myself the best shot? :wink:
Good question. I was toying around with a Ferengi deck this morning but I don't know if I want to play it for 5 weeks. I've noticed that needing 110 is pretty common in the online meta. TNG Movies does that pretty well and is otherwise well-rounded.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Attention, tributes, attention...

First round pairings for our 14 combatants are cited below. As previously stated, pairings will be announced in this thread on Mondays. Players have until the following week to get together, play and report the result. For this week, that means I expect you all to play your games by October 25th. Results should be reported here via forum post or via PM to yours truly, LORE. As a reminder:

- Lackey and a mutually agreed upon voice communication (Skype, Discord, Zoom, etc.) are required to play
- Rules/Banned cards in effect at the start of the tournament remain in effect throughout
- You may NOT change your decks between rounds
- Deck lists are REQUIRED - please send the deck ID number to me as soon as possible, preferably within the first two weeks of the event
- Wins, Losses, Byes, and Missed Games for un-scheduled / un-played matches over the course of the event will be handled on a case-by-case basis by the Director of Organized Play or an outside neutral party (if it involves members of the OP team)
- 75 minute time limit per game (players are highly encouraged to enforce this)

Second Edition Masters... of the Universe III
Format: Constructed
Card Pool: Complete
Rules: Standard

Round One Pairings:
Greg Hodgin (tomalak) vs. Brian Sykes (Armus) - Texas Strap Match
Sebastian Kirstein (Caretaker's Guest) vs. Martin Felber (Enabran)
Michael Van Breemen (The Ninja Scot) vs. Ben Rostoker (Gorgo Primus)
Jon Carter (pfti) vs. Julius Melhardt (Clerasil ToB)
Maggie Geppert (jadziadax8) vs. Oliver Thust (bashircommander)
Tjark Ott (tjark) vs. Josef Lemberger (Old Kor)
Scott Bauman (Neelix) vs. Michael Shea (The Prefect)

It is not too late to sign up, so if you are interested in playing please contact me a.s.a.p. With that said, good luck to all! And may the odds be ever in your favor...
Last edited by LORE on Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:55 am, edited 6 times in total.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Naetor wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:20 pm Please accept this letter as notification that I am resigning from my job as Tournament Participant. I apologize for not being able to give more notice. However, I regret that, due to circumstances beyond my control, I need to resign right away.
I am sorry to hear this, Nate, and hope everything is / will be ok. Pairings adjusted above. Tjark, you will now play Josef in round 1.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]