For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Kris Sonsteby asked me to run another Infinite Diversity draft in November. Oh, look, it's November now.

I love running drafts and other Limited events, but I don't love low turnout and players no-showing after registration, both of which happened the last time I ran an ID draft.

If I run an ID draft this month, who would be interested in playing?

If you don't want to play an ID draft, is there another draft or sealed format that would interest you more?

Interested in hearing feedback. I'd be looking to start an event (or at least start the draft) on or around the 14th.
Last edited by OKCoyote on Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
 -  
All right, good enough for me. I've added an ID draft to the schedule.

This Infinite Diversity Remastered draft will take place online starting Monday, November 16th. Here are the details:

Players must be pre-registered by 11:59 pm (Eastern time) on November 15th. Pre-registered players must also PM me their email address for pack drafting. The first packs will be emailed out on the night of the 16th. First round pairings will be announced when ALL cards have been drafted, and will then progress at a normal one-round-per-week pace. The number of rounds will depend on how many players are registered (most likely 3, unless we have 8 or more players).

In the unlikely event a tournament round would include the week of Christmas Day, I will extend that round by an additional week to account for holiday plans.

I will not be participating in this event as I am generating the draft packs and have advance knowledge of what's in all of them.

Draft rules:

Each player will first receive an Infinite Diversity set with all 21 cards it contains, and 4 Headquarters. These cards are fixed and are not drafted. (This means you can choose what Headquarters to use after drafting your other cards.)

Next, each player will receive (and draft) a mission pack with nine missions. Pick one mission, pass the rest, etc., until the pack is fully drafted.

Next, each player will receive 6 additional packs of 9 cards each, in two groupings of 3 packs each. The first group of 3 will be drafted together (pick 1 card from each pack, then pass all 3, etc.), then the second group will be sent and drafted.

A random table order will be generated and each player will pass their missions to the right, then the first 3 packs to the left, then the second 3 packs back to the right.

The packs are generated by the TrekCC Virtual Pack Creator, but will be sent as text files that can be opened in WordPad (and in Lackey). To open the packs, simply do so in WordPad. Next, choose the card that you want from the pack, remove it (Ctrl + X) and paste it into your card pool (your initial draft kit, Ctrl + V). Save both files and send the packs (minus one card each) along to the next person in the list.

Depending on number of players, there may be multiple pods (for drafting; everyone's in one group once we're playing). The theme for the first pod will be Classic TNG (the four headquarters will be Klingon, Romulan, Ferengi, and TNG Earth). If the number of players warrant a second pod (possibly at 6+, definitely at 7+) the second pod may feature a different theme.

As a refresher, here are the Infinite Diversity Rules:

Deck Limits
Deck Size: Minimum 25 Maximum NONE
Dilemma Pile: Minimum 10 Maximum NONE
Missions: Exactly 5

The “rule of three” is suspended while players are constructing their draft decks. This means you can include as many copies of any card you draft!

No Quadrants
All quadrant rules are suspended; every mission is considered to be in every quadrant. (You do not need to add 2 to the Range required to move between missions.)

Reinforcement
If you have a headquarters mission, you may play any personnel and/or ships that couldn’t normally report to that headquarters at cost +1.

First Turn Download
During the Play and Draw Cards segment of your first turn (and only your first turn), you may spend 3 counters to download a ship.

Discard Pile Recycling
The first time each game your deck is empty, you may immediately shuffle your discard pile into a new deck.

Victory Conditions
A player wins the game (for a Full Win) when they have:
scored 70 points (or more);
completed at least one planet mission; and
completed at least one space mission.
 -  
BUMP!

We've got four players so far and a little over a week to go.

I'm not generating any of the draft packs until after the 13th - just in case anything from Apocalypse Rising is added to the draft pool. Probably won't change much, but in case you're curious.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Don't sleep on this event, folks! Charlie, Jules, and I had a blast last month and we need a 4th for this time around. Come get in on the sealed deck fun!

Michael? Charlie? Anyone? What say you?
 -  
I think I've got emails for all registered players except for Giorgio. Giorgio, please PM me your email address before Monday.

I'll start putting draft packs together tomorrow, though nothing will be sent out before Monday.

Still a few days to register and draft with us!
 -  
In other news, it seems this event has also been flagged as an official Subspace Series event. Go us!
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
OKCoyote wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:28 am In other news, it seems this event has also been flagged as an official Subspace Series event. Go us!
Yes it has, and if memory serves this is going to wrap up as the very last 2E event in this year's Subspace Championship Series. So, what are you waiting for? Get in here for your last chance at those foils! :cheersL:
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
I had a lot of fun with this last time, but I just don't have the bandwidth to play in this iteration. I encourage you to do so, because drafting is fun and so is playing sealed 2E!

-crp
 -  
I'm thinking about playing in this myself. But only if all other players consent to it. And of course, you've got to deal with my weird availability (though slightly less weird than it was a year or two ago).
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
OKCoyote wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:24 am I'm thinking about playing in this myself. But only if all other players consent to it. And of course, you've got to deal with my weird availability (though slightly less weird than it was a year or two ago).
Get in here!
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation