Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Every couple of years I get the bug in me to try to run another series of online Limited events. (For those not in the know: a Limited event is one where your deck is built from a limited cardpool, such as a draft or sealed event.)

Since I can't play in-person games safely at present, I've felt compelled to return to online events. And since I'm a fan of strange and unusual game formats, HERE WE GO~!

Presenting the 2021 Online Limited Series! This will be a monthly(-ish) series of online events, both First and Second Edition, where we try some lesser known or brand new, probably not balanced Limited formats!

Also, I'll be playing in them (probably)! I love Limited events but I'm terrible at them, so come get some free wins (probably)!

I know what you're thinking. How much interest can this possibly generate? Will this actually be a monthly series? DEPENDS!

Are there going to be prizes involved? MAYBE!

How long is it going to run? AS LONG AS THERE IS INTEREST!

I'll use this thread to answer questions about the series as a whole, and provide information on scoring and such, should it become relevant to do so. Also, feel free to use this space to pitch ideas for Limited events you'd like to see or that haven't been tried yet!

The first event (a First Edition event, coming in January) will be posted and announced later tonight.

Happy gaming!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Sounds like a great 2021 sequel to the RTT4 and RTFP series I've been running for 2020.

Running a yearlong series is not for the feint of heart, as I've found out this year. I wish you the best in this endeavor! :cheersL:
 -  
First event is posted in its own thread: A Second Anthology Sealed event for First Edition.

February will bring a Second Edition event.
 -  
OK, general rules on prizes and such for this series:

As you may know, this is a series for strange new concepts and potentially off-the-wall ideas for events. Therefore, participants in this series are essentially guinea pigs, trying new events out to see which ones are fun and worth repeating, and which aren't. I want to reward players for trying these events out, but shipping costs are rising so it's tough to send rewards to multiple players every month.

The solution? I'll be giving away just one prize pack per OLS event, but a larger one than I would traditionally do. This won't necessarily go to the winner, but a random player will be drawn using the following criteria:

* +1 entry for every round you complete, win or lose.
* +1 entry if you attach your decklist within a week of the event ending.
* +2 entries if you post a tournament report within a week of the event ending.

It's my belief that this system will encourage feedback from players on how the event went, so I can make adjustments for future events.
 -  
For the first event, Second Anthology Sealed, starting January 5th:

I'll be awarding a random player with a Second Anthology Prize Pack consisting of:

* one Starter Deck II
* one pack of First Contact
* one pack of The Dominion
* a sealed pack of 6 promos from Second Anthology
* a selection of TrekCC virtual promos

Best of luck!

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
And a pack of FC! This gets better and better! :thumbsup:

So... We have improved chances on a prize if we like to use the deck builder and talk write a lot. :P

Don't expect statistical analysis or technical criticism from me. But I even write After Action Reports on my casual games, with the intent of posting them here (did anybody hear about that Assy Table that went missing? :lol: )... and then I feel silly and only file them in my game administration spreadsheet... :neutral:

OTOH, a lot of the fun (and stories) that "inspire" me, come from random banter and RPG elements during those 4-6h games, and... well, just tell me when I talk too much during a game, please. :P
 -  
Here's the prize pack for the second OLS event, the Reflections 2.0 Sealed coming in February. Scroll up to find out how you can win.

* one pack of Second Edition Premiere
* one pack of Energize
* one pack of Call to Arms
* two random Reflections 2.0 foil cards (from what I own, which admittedly isn't much)
* a selection of TrekCC virtual promos

Still plenty of time to enter this event and have a chance to win. Good luck!
 -  
I've just drawn the winner for the Second Anthology prize pack from event #1.

The winner is...

Matthew McCalpin!

Congratulations, Matthew!

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
It's not easy being green.
 -  
It's almost time for the third Online Limited Series event. I'll have the details up a bit later today, but I wanted to at least announce the format and the prize pack that will be awarded for the event.

Event #3 will be an Emissary Block Draft. Each player will receive a random starter from Emissary block (Fed/Bajoran, Cardassian, Maquis, or Dominion) and then draft four DS9 block boosters.

One player will be drawn at random (using the criteria outlined above for the preceding events) to win the following prize pack:

*one pack of Blaze of Glory
*one pack of The Dominion
*one sealed Away Team Pack (The Emissary/The Traveler)
*one white border Orb of Prophecy and Change (from First Anthology)
*a selection of TrekCC virtual promos
 -  
So as you may have heard, event #3 got cancelled. I got stressed as well as sick, and had to take a litle time off the site.

For those still interested, I'm going to be retrying the event in April, but I'm taking a break from running draft events. Instead it's going to be an Emissary+ Sealed event, with a mix of virtual as well as physical boosters in the cardpool.

Full details in the event posting, which will go up in a short while.

EDIT: The event is now listed. The prize support from the previously announced event (see last post) will be carried over to this event.
 -  
I've just drawn the winner for the Reflections prize pack from Event #2.

The winner is... Kris Sonsteby! Congrats!

The third event begins in just over a week, and the prize package includes a Blaze of Glory pack! There's still time to register!

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Congrats, Kris!
Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]