For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

• 104 posts
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
The 2021 Online Limited Series begins January 5, 2021 with a First Edition event, Second Anthology Sealed.

This will be an online event in which registered players will receive a cardpool containing the contents of a Second Anthology box set: two Starter Deck IIs, two packs each of First Contact, Deep Space Nine, and The Dominion, and six fixed personnel cards.

This event will follow Open OTF format rules, with the following changes:

* "Universal Treaty" in effect: each player's non- [Bor] personnel, ships, and facilities may mix regardless of affiliation (though a matching personnel is still required to staff a ship or attempt a mission).

* Ignore quadrant icons on missions, facilities, ships, and personnel.

* Ignore [Holo] icons on personnel.

* Memory Wipe is banned (as is anything else banned in OTF).

As this is an online event, Lackey is required to play, as is Skype (or other mutually-agreed upon voice chat program). First round pairings will be announced on January 5th, with a deadline of one week for each round. Cardpools will be send to all registered players within a few days of the start of the event.

That's it for now. Happy gaming!
Last edited by OKCoyote on Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
 -  
Just a bump to remind players this is coming up, with a couple weeks left to sign up. Three registered so far, can we get a few more? Start your 2021 off with some sealed play!

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
It would seem, at least by the consensus of those that have posted so far, that OTF would be preferred. I am also a vote for OTF.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
OKCoyote wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:17 pm I can make it OTF if nobody objects.
To me, going OTF in sealed basically means we are using the ban list and not having to account for potential mission theft. I am good with using it for both of those reasons. :twocents:

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
LORE wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:28 pm
OKCoyote wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:17 pm I can make it OTF if nobody objects.
To me, going OTF in sealed basically means we are using the ban list and not having to account for potential mission theft. I am good with using it for both of those reasons. :twocents:
^^This^^
 -  
I like missions not being stolen. (The opportunity may be there anyway with all the universal missions in the SDII's.)

I'll make the change tonight, as that appears to be the consensus.
 -  
OK. OTF Rules are officially in effect for this event.

As this means the ban list is in effect, the rule about Memory Wipe being banned is now redundant, but I'll leave it there as it's very important. (Especially since every player gets two copies in their cardpool.)
 -  
Well I just finished building nine (!) cardpools in Lackey, so we are on track, with just under two weeks left before the event begins.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Found this topic only today (but naturally I blame me, squarely).

I'm a total newbee in OP land, having played only 3 side events during Worlds. But with what I saw there, and how much fun it could be, this -- and the OTSD event starting the same day -- seemed great for me. Of the two, eventually I chose this one because we did OTSD in Vienna.

Just for the record: I, for (only) one, lament the change from Open to OTF. If only, because I have no practical experience with OTF.
OTOH, I do hate the complexity of mission stealing; and Fair Play may be my most-used card after Red Alert or Toff. So, if that's the price...

And it'll be good to finally get some of that experience, I guess. It's just... I'm afraid I'll make habitual mistakes during deck building and/or the games. Please point that out, then.
And, hopefully, y'all turn out to be as patient, elegant, and helpful as "the Vienna lot"...? :wink: :P

Seriously, I'm looking forward to this and hope I'll not be a bother.

:cheersL:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
SudenKapala wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:52 pm Found this topic only today (but naturally I blame me, squarely).

I'm a total newbee in OP land, having played only 3 side events during Worlds. But with what I saw there, and how much fun it could be, this -- and the OTSD event starting the same day -- seemed great for me. Of the two, eventually I chose this one because we did OTSD in Vienna.

Just for the record: I, for (only) one, lament the change from Open to OTF. If only, because I have no practical experience with OTF.
OTOH, I do hate the complexity of mission stealing; and Fair Play may be my most-used card after Red Alert or Toff. So, if that's the price...

And it'll be good to finally get some of that experience, I guess. It's just... I'm afraid I'll make habitual mistakes during deck building and/or the games. Please point that out, then.
And, hopefully, y'all turn out to be as patient, elegant, and helpful as "the Vienna lot"...? :wink: :P

Seriously, I'm looking forward to this and hope I'll not be a bother.

:cheersL:
Welcome aboard, Suden. If you want to do a test run of your deck before the first round, I’ve got time for the next couple of weeks.
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]