For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

• 104 posts
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
OK, event is now live, so let's have some pairings!

ROUND ONE
Daniel Matteson (OKCoyote) vs. Jon Carter (pfti)
Julius Melhardt (Clerasil ToB) vs. Kris Sonsteby (LORE)
Suden Kapala (SudenKapala) vs. Michael Van Breemen (The Ninja Scot)
Maggie Geppert (jadziadax8) vs. Edwin Latrell (Latrell)
Matthew McCalpin (Professor Scott) vs. Joseph Wisniewski (geraldkw)
Christian (Mr.Sloan) vs. Greg Saum (Lord Gregor)

Time limit for this event's games is 105 minutes. Please try to have results reported by Tuesday, January 12. Good luck!

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Ninja Scot wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:56 am I won 100-95.
My, you were fast calling it in. I am still writing my After Action Report. :wink:

Actually, did you not win by more than 100 pts? But the excess is not used for score keeping purposes...?

Is all that correct? (For my understanding, and for my own notes.)

GG! :cheersL:

EDIT: Stuff deleted. I was notified (thx!! :wink: ) that I shouldn't reveal too much, even it was actually mainly about my own deck. (Luckily. :neutral: ) I am so used to playing casual (and not OP), and then even with much more transparency than needed (since I built 95% of my play group's decks, I give out a lot of info to balance things). Hard habit to break, even if nessary.
Last edited by SudenKapala on Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
 -  
Excess points are not scored for tournament play. Michael will get credit for a Full Win with a differential of +5 for tiebreaking purposes.
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Ruling question:

I know that all the quadrant icons on missions and personnel etc. are ignored. But are there still quadrants existing (f.e. is everything Alpha Quadrant)? There are some cards in the pool referring to a quadrant (like Establish Dominion Foothold) - are they useable or is there simply "one spaceline without being a quadrant"?
 -  
Clerasil ToB wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:59 pm Ruling question:

I know that all the quadrant icons on missions and personnel etc. are ignored. But are there still quadrants existing (f.e. is everything Alpha Quadrant)? There are some cards in the pool referring to a quadrant (like Establish Dominion Foothold) - are they useable or is there simply "one spaceline without being a quadrant"?
Ignore quadrant icons on everything. Thus, if there is no quadrant icon (because we're ignoring it), it's Alpha Quadrant.
 -  
OK, round is all reported with a day to spare. It's time for more pairings!

ROUND TWO
Maggie Geppert vs. Julius Melhardt
Michael Van Breemen vs. Joseph Wisniewski
Greg Saum vs. Jon Carter
Daniel Matteson vs. Suden Kapala
Christian vs. Edwin Latrell
Matthew McCalpin - BYE

Kris Sonsteby has asked to drop from the event.

You MAY change your deck between rounds (but only using the cards in your own cardpool). Please have results reported by Tuesday, January 18th. Good luck!
 -  
Clerasil ToB wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:59 pm Ruling question:

I realize I never answered this question to address this card specifically. Establish Dominion Foothold is legal as any mission it targets would be in the Alpha Quadrant.

I was also asked today about Primary Supply Depot. I'm going to make a rules exception for this card. You can still check for a [1E-GQ] icon on your missions for the purpose of seeding PSD. I don't want to deny anyone the ability to play an outpost.

If anyone else has an unusual card interaction with this event's rules and needs clarification, let me know.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
OKCoyote wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:16 pmThanks for the game!
Back at ya. I had great fun, and I hope -- and seemed to hear -- that you did, too. :thumbsup: My after action report will certainly reflect some of our laughs; I only hope I can do it some justice.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]