For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
By popular demand, I'll be holding another Infinite Diversity Remastered draft right after the current one wraps up, with the draft beginning in late December and play beginning in January.

Players must be pre-registered by 11:59 pm (Eastern time) on December 28th. Pre-registered players must also PM me their email address for pack drafting. The first packs will be emailed out on the night of the 29th. First round pairings will be announced when ALL cards have been drafted, and will then progress at a normal one-round-per-week pace. The number of rounds will depend on how many players are registered (most likely 3, unless we have 8 or more players).

Draft rules:

Each player will first receive an Infinite Diversity set with all 21 cards it contains, and 4 Headquarters. These cards are fixed and are not drafted. (This means you can choose what Headquarters to use after drafting your other cards.)

Next, each player will receive (and draft) a mission pack with nine missions. Pick one mission, pass the rest, etc., until the pack is fully drafted.

Next, each player will receive 6 additional packs of 9 cards each, in two groupings of 3 packs each. The first group of 3 will be drafted together (pick 1 card from each pack, then pass all 3, etc.), then the second group will be sent and drafted.

A random table order will be generated and each player will pass their missions to the right, then the first 3 packs to the left, then the second 3 packs back to the right.

The packs are generated by the TrekCC Virtual Pack Creator, but will be sent as text files that can be opened in WordPad (and in Lackey). To open the packs, simply do so in WordPad. Next, choose the card that you want from the pack, remove it (Ctrl + X) and paste it into your card pool (your initial draft kit, Ctrl + V). Save both files and send the packs (minus one card each) along to the next person in the list.

Depending on number of players, there may be multiple pods (for drafting; everyone's in one group once we're playing).

The headquarters that will be used for this draft have not yet been selected; they will be chosen after review of Kris Sonsteby's poll and thread and the opinions given therein.

As a refresher, here are the Infinite Diversity Rules:

Deck Limits
Deck Size: Minimum 25 Maximum NONE
Dilemma Pile: Minimum 10 Maximum NONE
Missions: Exactly 5

The “rule of three” is suspended while players are constructing their draft decks. This means you can include as many copies of any card you draft!

No Quadrants
All quadrant rules are suspended; every mission is considered to be in every quadrant. (You do not need to add 2 to the Range required to move between missions.)

Reinforcement
If you have a headquarters mission, you may play any personnel and/or ships that couldn’t normally report to that headquarters at cost +1.

First Turn Download
During the Play and Draw Cards segment of your first turn (and only your first turn), you may spend 3 counters to download a ship.

Discard Pile Recycling
The first time each game your deck is empty, you may immediately shuffle your discard pile into a new deck.

Victory Conditions
A player wins the game (for a Full Win) when they have:
scored 70 points (or more);
completed at least one planet mission; and
completed at least one space mission.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
I went for the steal, and Daniel stole it back. :wink:

All hail The Gunslinger, holder of the sacred chalice of sealed deck, champion of new players, and breaker of social media stories!
 -  
Wow, six players already!

Any more and we'll be looking at multiple pods!
 -  
Wow! Up to nine players already!

So there will definitely be two pods. I'm considering random headquarters. Eight total, four in each pod. No Borg or Voyager as they're only available against each other.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
OKCoyote wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:24 am Wow! Up to nine players already!

So there will definitely be two pods. I'm considering random headquarters. Eight total, four in each pod. No Borg or Voyager as they're only available against each other.
I am mostly cool with this. I would just caution against having say 2 Feds in the same pod (TOS and TNG, for example) or on using either DS9 or TN but not both due to the 1-range HQ being so strong. Maybe pod A gets one and pod B gets the other? Idk
 -  
LORE wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:11 am

I am mostly cool with this. I would just caution against having say 2 Feds in the same pod (TOS and TNG, for example) or on using either DS9 or TN but not both due to the 1-range HQ being so strong. Maybe pod A gets one and pod B gets the other? Idk
Yeah, I had already decided against both of those situations.
 -  
OKCoyote wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:16 pm
LORE wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:11 am

Yeah, I had already decided against both of those situations.
Also, I think I'll be leaving out Starfleet and TOS, as their headquarters' abilities seem imbalanced for this format.
 -  
OK, so with the following rules for random headquarters selection:

* One Earth per pod (max)
* One Mouth of the Wormhole per pod (max)
* No Starfleet or TOS

I came up with these pods:

A
Klingon
Bajoran
Dominion
Terok Nor

B
TNG
DS9
Maquis
Romulan

If I don't already have your email address, please make sure you send it to me before the 29th so I can send out packs!
Last edited by OKCoyote on Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]