Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I am putting together the 2021 Online Play schedule.
This thread is a call for 2 things.
A list of what you are thinking about hosting (Im looking at you @bosskamura, @OkCoyote @Armus)

Also what do you want to see?

Here is what I already have planned
1) League season means regular monthly and 1 day tournaments both Jan-March and Nov-Dec
2) Regionals. I will host an OTF and 2E Constructed. This will likely be in April. I am more than welcoming of other regionals, especially if they feature other timeframes and formats.
3) The World Cup of Trek. Proposed by LuthySloan. This will Feature 3 1 day tournaments for each edition at different time zones to feature different world regions. It will also have a one-month-long tournament per edition. The winners of each tournament qualify to a round robin to determine the overall champion. If a player wins more than one tournament, the highest playing non-qualifying players from each tournament that player won will have a play-in tournament/match
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
pfti wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:21 pm I am putting together the 2021 Online Play schedule.
A list of what you are thinking about hosting (Im looking at you @bosskamura, @OkCoyote @Armus)

1) League season means regular monthly and 1 day tournaments both Jan-March and Nov-Dec
2) Regionals. I will host an OTF and 2E Constructed. This will likely be in April. I am more than welcoming of other regionals, especially if they feature other timeframes and formats.
3) The World Cup of Trek. Proposed by LuthySloan. This will Feature 3 1 day tournaments for each edition at different time zones to feature different world regions. It will also have a one-month-long tournament per edition. The winners of each tournament qualify to a round robin to determine the overall champion. If a player wins more than one tournament, the highest playing non-qualifying players from each tournament that player won will have a play-in tournament/match
I am stoked. Great plans laid out here, Jon. As mentioned privately, I would like to see the Return to Farpoint / Return to Talos IV series reboot itself (even if as an abbreviated version) again in 2021 and continue to see other various sealed events (ID Draft, OTSD, etc.) These are perfect opportunities for new folks to jump into the tournament scene, and also serve as good entrance points for existing players to try out Lackey. :twocents:

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Oh, in terms of variant tournaments, I’d be really interested in one made up of multiplayer games. I believe Decipher used to have a scoring system for that too.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I plan on running an Online Limited Series in 2021, with one event a month, always some sort of Draft or Sealed event, and alternating between 1E and 2E. (First event starts next week and is 1E.)

In addition - at least as long as they continue to fire successfully - I'm running 2E Infinite Diversity drafts every other month (on the month my other event is 1E).
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
I'd love to see a monthly standard constructed tournament for both 1E and 2E running each month (so 12 each). In addition to that every two weeks a 1-day Saturday event. Added to that, release events would be nice

Limited formats and sealed are a lot of fun, but we design new cards to be played mainly in constructed events and there should be enough constructed tournaments to see all those nasty new strategies brought to life...

:cheersL: :cheersL: :cheersL: :borg: :cheersR: :cheersR: :cheersR:
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Clerasil ToB wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:24 pm I'd love to see a monthly standard constructed tournament for both 1E and 2E running each month (so 12 each). In addition to that every two weeks a 1-day Saturday event. Added to that, release events would be nice

Limited formats and sealed are a lot of fun, but we design new cards to be played mainly in constructed events and there should be enough constructed tournaments to see all those nasty new strategies brought to life...

:cheersL: :cheersL: :cheersL: :borg: :cheersR: :cheersR: :cheersR:
Though I don't play in them online often and you wouldn't think this of me, I agree with all of this. There should always be plenty of constructed events as that is the premier event type.

(That said, there usually are plenty happening, which is one reason my events are mostly Limited, so I don't step on other organizers' toes.)

By Boratus (Steve Nelson)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Gorgo Primus wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:24 pm Oh, in terms of variant tournaments, I’d be really interested in one made up of multiplayer games. I believe Decipher used to have a scoring system for that too.
2v2 games? I haven't done that since 2nd edition came out. Would love to do that!

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
pfti wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:21 pm I am putting together the 2021 Online Play schedule.

Maybe a constructed tournament using just the Virtual Card Pool?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LORE wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:50 pm

I am stoked. Great plans laid out here, Jon. As mentioned privately, I would like to see the Return to Farpoint / Return to Talos IV series reboot itself (even if as an abbreviated version) again in 2021 and continue to see other various sealed events (ID Draft, OTSD, etc.) These are perfect opportunities for new folks to jump into the tournament scene, and also serve as good entrance points for existing players to try out Lackey. :twocents:
I'm glad to hear you like the RTT4/RTFP series. I'm definitely taking a hiatus once this last gig wraps, as running the thing non-stop for a year was more tiring than I thought it would be, but after a month or two of down time, we'll see what happens. I'm not looking to counterprogram Daniel, Jon, or anyone else, but if there's demand a need for a TD, I'll consider doing another - shorter - go-around with it. It was fun.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation