For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Ensign Q wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:08 pm fw against keii
He got FW 100-0 if that was unclear.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:20 pm i learned a fw is always 100 and what does the opponent points matter? it should be hidden as well`?
It's true that the winning score is always 100 and excess points don't matter from that side, but differential is calculated as (Winner's Score - Loser's Score) so it definitely helps the TD to report the result and the actual score of the game (capped at 100 if you got a "normal" win and minimum zero for the loser's score for a "normal" loss).
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Ensign Q wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:20 pm i learned a fw is always 100 and what does the opponent points matter? it should be hidden as well`?
That's actually not what a "Full Win" means. Your points matter for differential, as a tie-breaker.
Organized Play Guide - Full Win wrote:This result is recorded when a game is completed within a round's allotted time, or when a game is completed on the last turn after time expires. This is the result when the winning player reaches all the victory conditions, or for the player that has met the most victory conditions when both player's decks are exhausted.

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:25 pm
It's true that the winning score is always 100 and excess points don't matter from that side, but differential is calculated as (Winner's Score - Loser's Score) so it definitely helps the TD to report the result and the actual score of the game (capped at 100 if you got a "normal" win and minimum zero for the loser's score for a "normal" loss).
With cards like New Civilizations you could win the game with a Full Win without having 100 points.

- James M

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Orbin wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:36 pm
Armus wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:25 pm
With cards like New Civilizations you could win the game with a Full Win without having 100 points.

- James M
Uh huh. But for differential calculation purposes, it doesn't matter. See the OPG.

Also I'd hardly call that the "normal" way to win.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Yeah, I've had tournaments where the difference between 1st place and 4th place is differential, so it's important to calculate.

The Organized Play Guide explains the (byzantine) rules for calculating differential. Not only do you have to deal with cards like New Civilizations, you also have to deal with:

* Games where one or both players never solved a mission, and so their bonus points don't count.

* Games where one player finished in negative points.

The OPG rounds this up to 0 points for calculation of differential... so, if the actual score of a game when time expires is Player A has -4 and Player B has -15, I believe it will be reported as "MW Player A 0-0 (+0)".

* Games where, due to "must have an additional 40 points to win" effects, a player scored over 100 points and won... or even where a player scores over 100 points and loses. (Happens to my Delta decks a lot!) Anyone with >100 points who wins is reported as scoring 100 points. Anyone with >100 points who loses is reported as scoring 99 points. So if I lose to you that way, it'll be reported as "FW Ensign Q 100-99 (+1)."

All this is outside my department of 1E rules, because it's just organized play stuff that doesn't actually affect the game (just tournament pairing and player ratings), so I'm absolutely not a master of it, but it's fascinating stuff all the same.

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Final round! BUT ... Julius dropping made the pairings go a little flooey, and so we could end up with a VP tie between two players that haven't faced each other. Should we have a Final Confrontation if that happens? Give your answer before the round 3 games get played!

Here are the pairings for round 3. Game time limit ... standard ... which is 1:45, I think?
Determine who goes first randomly.

* Michael van Breemen ( @The Ninja Scot ) vs Sebastian Kirstein ( @Caretaker's Guest )
* Matt Zinno ( @commdecker ) vs @Ensign Q
* Mathew McCalpin ( @Professor Scott ) vs James Heaney ( @BCSWowbagger)

Results should be posted here or sent to me by PM. Please try to have your results in by Monday, Feb 1.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
With two losses, there's no chance that Final Confrontation's going to make a difference to me, so I'll abide by the decision of the group!
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
commdecker wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:27 am Final round! BUT ... Julius dropping made the pairings go a little flooey, and so we could end up with a VP tie between two players that haven't faced each other.
I think I see how this could happen, but the reality is the tie breakers will just go to Strength of Schedule and as you are not really playing for anything, I think that can be the end of it.

Checking in on the tournament page, MVB is 2-0 with a pair of Full Wins. Seppl is 1-0-1, as is Ensign Q. Both Seppl and Ensign Q have to notch Full Wins in round 3 to have any sort of tie, and the tie breaker would likely go to Seppl as he played MVB whereas Ensign Q did not. But of course, all of that presumes MVB will lose, and lose fully! :cheersL:
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]