For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Hey all!

Due to popular demand over in THE DOJO I'm adding an Infinite Diversity Draft even to the Calendar for February.

We kick the draft off on February 1, so please register by January 31 if you want to play. Based on the number of players registered, we'll allocate draft pods.

My goal is to have the draft complete and round 1 pairings announced by February 8th, and then run 3 rounds of play - we'll expand to 4 rounds if we get more than 8 people signed up.

If you've caught the ID Draft bug, here is your monthly fix. Get in there!

Lackey and some form of agreed-upon communication (e.g., Skype) are required to play.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LORE wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:10 pm In. What are you thinking for a set of HQ's @Armus?
Since it's my first time running one of these, I think I'd prefer to keep it to one of the predefined scenarios. I've asked the other two signed up if they have any preferences over in The Dojo but I've yet to hear anything back.

But I'm basically good with whatever... just want to maximize the fun for everybody!
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:22 pm I, personally, have never played the For the Cause format.
I am fine with this or another predetermined format. Just note that For the Cause should really read "lots of 1 cost Non-Aligned people that also have the Maquis icon."

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I see we're already up to 6 people!

According to ID Draft Guru @OKCoyote , that means I can run 2 pods instead of just one, which ALSO means we can run multiple scenarios.

Does Dominion War + For the Cause sound like a nice combo?

That's just a suggestion, I'll run whatever.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Having heard no negative feedback and several affirmative agreements, we will be running 2 pods: One For the Cause, one Dominion War.

In order to maximize enjoyment, I'm willing to give people their choice on a first come/first served basis.

Here's where we're at right now:

Pod 1 (The Dominion War)
1. Frederic Levesque (@TheFlak )
2. Kris Sonsteby (@LORE )
3. Eric Robinett (@rycar60 )

Pod 2 (For the Cause)
1. Maggie Geppert (@jadziadax8)
2. Giorgio Velasco (@kaiten619)
3. Tim Gerrard (Grandar)

If we get more players I'll add more seats to these pods.

Also, I'm going to need everyone's email addresses for the draft. Please send me an email at Brian DOT A DOT Sykes AT gmail DOT com or PM me your email address.

Thanks! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Bernie
 -  
Greetings all,

I would love to be apart of this but I haven’t played Star Trek in over 10 years. I just recently found this community and am very excited to be getting back into it. I was the Regional Champ in Washington back in 2002-2003.
I love all things Star Trek and look forward to getting more involved with this fantastic game once again.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Bernie wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:17 pm Greetings all,

I would love to be apart of this but I haven’t played Star Trek in over 10 years. I just recently found this community and am very excited to be getting back into it. I was the Regional Champ in Washington back in 2002-2003.
I love all things Star Trek and look forward to getting more involved with this fantastic game once again.
Welcome, Bernie! If you're still in Washington, there's an active group in Seattle. Ping @The Ninja Scot or @Marquetry.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Draft is underway!

Please let me know if you're having any issues during this process and I'll do what I can to help get it resolved.

I'll announce Round 1 pairings at the conclusion of the draft. Good luck!! :cheersL:
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]