For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
The March Online Limited Series event will be a First Edition event, an Emissary Block Draft.

Each player will receive one of four random starter decks from the Emissary Block (either Bajoran/Federation, Cardassian, Maquis, or Dominion). These will be handed out randomly but I'll try to keep the variance as even as possible (for example: with eight players, there will be two of each starter represented).

After receiving their starter, players will draft four nine-card DS9 Block Boosters (generated via the Virtual Pack Creator), one pack at a time. If there are more than five players in the event, the draft will be split into two or more pods.

Each registered player will need to PM me a valid email address to be used for the draft.

Though this is a March event, the actual draft will begin on or around February 23rd, with first round pairings slated for on or around March 2nd.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Must you really provide the decks randomly? Couldn't we somehow just choose the basic decks? :mrgreen:

I'd love to chalk up a draft event, but am slightly busy with too much other Trek stuff...
Playing with [1E-Maq] Maquis, however, is totally new (and thus interesting) to me -- but not worth building a constructed deck for.
So I could be swayed, if I got to play them as draft, in this event. (Or if someone wanted to trade theirs to me!) :lol:
 -  
Registration is closed and we have eight players!

I'm still waiting on a couple of email addresses, so it'll be at least 24 hours until we begin the draft.

While we're waiting, a quick poll for registered players: I'm considering changing how the starters get handed out. Random distribution makes more sense in a sealed event, but I realized if you already know your starter, and you end up in a pod of (presumably) four players, each with a different starter, then there's no point in the draft: you'll only fight over a couple of verbs, then the rest of the cards go to their proper color's player.

So I'm likely going to change it to run the draft first, and then you can choose which starter deck to add after you've drafted. Please let me know if this is all right with you or if you have any quibbles with the change. (Yes, Suden, I already know your thoughts on it :-))

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I like choosing, indeed. :) Full disclosure: I found the deck lists for the Emissary starters (does anybody else need them?), so I could research the possible Achievements in them. Turns out -- the Maquis deck isn't eligible for the Maquis Player Ach, after all! :(
Means I might prefer another aff...

Against better judgment (way too busy for this), am already caught up in this event, too. 8)
 -  
OK, we'll go with "choose a starter to add after drafting is complete."

Here are the links to the starters in PDF format. I'll be emailing them out later as text files as well in case you prefer that.

Cardassian Starter
Federation/Bajoran Starter
Maquis Starter
Dominion Starter

I'll be sending the first draft packs later tonight.

Note: I've noticed there are a few "dead picks" in the cardpool - cards that won't do anything in this format, such as Deep Space 9/Terok Nor (with no draftable sites), extra copies of Reshape the Quadrant (when it's in every starter), or Terran Outpost for some reason (???). I'm not changing them now as at this point it would take too long to go through 32 packs, evaluate everything, and generate new cards. But I'll say, not for the first time, that I'd love to have some say over what goes into the VPC cardpools :-)
 -  
Here are the randomly generated pod assignments: Pod Alpha and Pod Gamma (yep, I went there).

POD ALPHA
Liam Fox
Suden Kapala
Matthew McCalpin
Dante Menard

POD GAMMA
Brian Sykes
Daniel Matteson
Maggie Geppert
Joseph Wisniewski

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
So. Newer to this than I thought. A few questions. :shifty:
(1) What is the idea with pods? (Do they dictate a sort of sub-tourney for 4 people?)
(2) If we could freely choose any starter (or is that wishful thinking? 8) ), then what's the benefit of pods, here? (Other than the obvious "rigging" that was already pointed out! :lol: )
(3) Why use email, I mean, what's the added functionality over PM, that I'm missing?
Sorry if it's all obvious to everone else. I've not had time to research the event's format.
(Still would've had questions, prolly... :roll: )

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Just to confirm how the starter draft works, we get to pick one of the 4 choices.

Does that mean in theory that all 4 in the pod could choose the same starter OR do we tell you our pick and you some how determine which we get?

When this started I had assumed you were randomly assigning the deck, then we would draft the boosters, but now that we are drafting boosters first, I need to know if I am able to guarantee a certain deck or not.

I don't want to waste a first round pick on a card I can guarantee to get later by choosing a certain deck.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]