For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I promised I'd run an ID draft event each month my Online Limited Series event is a First Edition event. Since that's the case for March, here's the next one.

Players must be pre-registered by 11:59 pm (Eastern time) on March 1st. Pre-registered players must also PM me their email address for pack drafting. The first packs will be emailed out on the night of the 2nd. First round pairings will be announced when ALL cards have been drafted, and will then progress at a normal one-round-per-week pace. The number of rounds will depend on how many players are registered (most likely 3, unless we have 8 or more players).

The group of headquarters we'll be using this month is TBD; however, I'm open to suggestions/favorites.

Draft rules:

Each player will first receive an Infinite Diversity set with all 21 cards it contains, and 4 Headquarters. These cards are fixed and are not drafted. (This means you can choose what Headquarters to use after drafting your other cards.)

Next, each player will receive (and draft) a mission pack with nine missions. Pick one mission, pass the rest, etc., until the pack is fully drafted.

Next, each player will receive 6 additional packs of 9 cards each, in two groupings of 3 packs each. The first group of 3 will be drafted together (pick 1 card from each pack, then pass all 3, etc.), then the second group will be sent and drafted.

A random table order will be generated and each player will pass their missions to the right, then the first 3 packs to the left, then the second 3 packs back to the right.

The packs are generated by the TrekCC Virtual Pack Creator, but will be sent as text files that can be opened in WordPad (and in Lackey). To open the packs, simply do so in WordPad. Next, choose the card that you want from the pack, remove it (Ctrl + X) and paste it into your card pool (your initial draft kit, Ctrl + V). Save both files and send the packs (minus one card each) along to the next person in the list.

Depending on number of players, there may be multiple pods (for drafting; everyone's in one group once we're playing).

As a refresher, here are the Infinite Diversity Rules:

Deck Limits
Deck Size: Minimum 25 Maximum NONE
Dilemma Pile: Minimum 10 Maximum NONE
Missions: Exactly 5

The “rule of three” is suspended while players are constructing their draft decks. This means you can include as many copies of any card you draft!

No Quadrants
All quadrant rules are suspended; every mission is considered to be in every quadrant. (You do not need to add 2 to the Range required to move between missions.)

Reinforcement
If you have a headquarters mission, you may play any personnel and/or ships that couldn’t normally report to that headquarters at cost +1.

First Turn Download
During the Play and Draw Cards segment of your first turn (and only your first turn), you may spend 3 counters to download a ship.

Discard Pile Recycling
The first time each game your deck is empty, you may immediately shuffle your discard pile into a new deck.

Victory Conditions
A player wins the game (for a Full Win) when they have:
scored 70 points (or more);
completed at least one planet mission; and
completed at least one space mission.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
OKCoyote wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:47 am The group of headquarters we'll be using this month is TBD; however, I'm open to suggestions/favorites.
I am down for whatever. From what I gather, these are the HQ's we have played over the past couple of months going back to when you started this up in September. If it helps influence anyone's HQ decisions, here are the 24 selections we have had so far.

For the Cause - [Baj] , [Car] , [DS9-E] , & [Maq]

Classic TNG - [Kli] , [Rom] , [TNG] , & [Fer]

Choose Your Own Adventure - [Kli] , [Baj] , [Dom] & [TN] + [TNG] , [DS9] , [Maq] , & [Rom]

For the Cause - [Baj] , [Car] , [DS9-E] , & [Maq] + The Dominion War - [DS9] , [Kli] , [Car] , [Dom]

I truly have no strong urge to try anything in particular, just noted that [Fer] have only been in the pool once and that I personally have only had [Rom] in a pod once.

Maybe this time we give the 1-range HQ's a rest and choose from the remainder?
 -  
LORE wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:21 pmMaybe this time we give the 1-range HQ's a rest and choose from the remainder?
I Have No Mouth and I Must Draft
 -  
This snuck up fast.

One more day to sign up.

Random headquarters for Pod A:
Ferengi, DS9-E, Maquis, Bajoran

I haven't decided if there will be one pod or two with six players, but if it's two, Pod B will be:
Dominion, TNG, Romulan, Cardassian
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
OKCoyote wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:30 am This snuck up fast.

One more day to sign up.

Random headquarters for Pod A:
Ferengi, DS9-E, Maquis, Bajoran

I haven't decided if there will be one pod or two with six players, but if it's two, Pod B will be:
Dominion, TNG, Romulan, Cardassian
From experience, I think you gotta go 2 separate pods both from a logistical standpoint (i.e. 6 people emailing cards around) and from a draft quality standpoint. With 6 people, you are only going to see a pack once / pick a card from a pack once. That makes planning out your selections very difficult.

EDIT: Pod A sounds like Fun Factor 4. I wanna mix Ferengi troll nuggets with pious Bajorans! :cross:
 -  
Registration is closed!

First packs probably won't make it out until tomorrow night, I'm a little behind tonight.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
LORE wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:23 am Pod B is done with missions. How is Pod A coming along?
We had a snafu, but we've worked fixed it and are now continuing.
 -  
Looks like missions are done or almost done.

I've been out sick for a few days but am back now. I'll be sending your next wave of boosters out a little later tonight.

EDIT: Sent!

By rycar60 (Eric R)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E American National Champion 2023
Super angle shooting question here. Holodeck Grid with mercenary rule. Holodeck grid: You may play holograms aboard your ship if both of them could be played at the same headquarters you command. It doesn't check for cost adjustments, so can I play a mercenary hologram at normal cost aboard a ship?
 -  
rycar60 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:33 pm Super angle shooting question here. Holodeck Grid with mercenary rule. Holodeck grid: You may play holograms aboard your ship if both of them could be played at the same headquarters you command. It doesn't check for cost adjustments, so can I play a mercenary hologram at normal cost aboard a ship?
I can find an argument to rule multiple ways on this, so I'm going to attempt to tag in the rules manager @Marquetry and see what she thinks about it.

For reference, here's the exact wording of the 'mercenary rule' - actually known as the Reinforcement rule:
Reinforcement
If you have a headquarters mission, you may play any personnel and/or ships that couldn’t normally report to that headquarters at cost +1.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I'm not sure these two interact.

HG says "hologram that can report to HQ"

a Hologram that can't report to the HQ can't report with HG. It CAN report to the HQ with the Mercenary Rule but the rule creates the exception and defines the parameters, it doesn't make the personnel "normally able to be played there" - if they could normally be played there you wouldn't need the Mercenary Rule.

Just one man's opinion, but if it were my gig I'd rule that this trick, while creative, doesn't work. :wink:
:twocents:

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]