For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
This pool is not just Emissary cards (I threw in packs of DS9, Dominion, and Blaze of Glory), but yeah, the Emissary pack generator does need a bit of work...

New Arrivals is another example of a card that does not need to be in the packs since it's in every starter.

And also, there's no reason for Terran Rebellion HQ to show up at all.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
when it comes to additional pack generation... maybe having a 2nd OTSD set with a lot of different unique missions and some balanced dilemmas, but with nothing else thats OP? so that any sealed format can come with additional missions and dilemmas to choose from?
 -  
ROUND THREE
Mathew McCalpin vs. Maggie Geppert
Christian vs. Michael Van Breemen
Paddy Tye vs. Suden Kapala
Daniel Matteson vs. Tim Gerrard

Results are due Tuesday, April 27th. Good luck!

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:41 pm Just played Suden. I picked up the FW 100-0. Always a pleasure my friend!
It took me a while before I realized that this match left me feel... not exactly nailed, but Nialled. ( :wink: Well played, sir!)
As always occasionally, my AAR will reveal the details.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
jadziadax8 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:52 pm Maggie FW Mathew 100-35

Thanks for the fun game!
Any time!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
So, @SudenKapala this is a case in point from our earlier conversation regarding having more rounds than is required by the number of players in an event. This event has 8 players in it, so technically we only needed 3 rounds to declare a winner. At the end of round 3, I am the only undefeated player in this event. The event is scheduled for 4 rounds. Going into the next round, I have nothing to gain and everything to lose.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:05 pm So, @SudenKapala this is a case in point from our earlier conversation regarding having more rounds than is required by the number of players in an event. This event has 8 players in it, so technically we only needed 3 rounds to declare a winner. At the end of round 3, I am the only undefeated player in this event. The event is scheduled for 4 rounds. Going into the next round, I have nothing to gain and everything to lose.
I don't know all the specifics, but generally a 3-0 player with all FW probably has things locked up even with a round 4.

You've been playing all the best players so your SoS will be good. You've beaten them, so you should have H2H in your favor, so unless some wonky shit happens with differential or something, the odds should still be in your favor.

Of course, your odds right now are 100% so you definitely have a point.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:14 pm You've beaten them, so you should have H2H in your favor, so unless some wonky shit happens with differential or something when you get paired against MVB, the odds should still be in are not in your favor.

Of course, your odds right now are 100% so you definitely have a point.
FTFY ;-)
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:05 pm So, @SudenKapala this is a case in point from our earlier conversation regarding having more rounds than is required by the number of players in an event. This event has 8 players in it, so technically we only needed 3 rounds to declare a winner. At the end of round 3, I am the only undefeated player in this event. The event is scheduled for 4 rounds. Going into the next round, I have nothing to gain and everything to lose.
???

The OPG says (and has always said) that the recommended minimum number of rounds is 4 for 8-15 players.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]