For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
OKCoyote wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:13 am
The Ninja Scot wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:13 pm Paddy and I are playing tonight so maybe pairings will be available tomorrow?

Michael
Very likely, yes.
Just played MVB. I got the FW 100-70 in a very close game! GG! Always a pleasure!
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
ROUND TWO PAIRINGS
Maggie Geppert vs. Christian
Paddy Tye vs. Mathew McCalpin
Michael Van Breemen vs. Daniel Matteson
Suden Kapala vs. Tim Gerrard

Round finished early so we have extra time. Results are due Tuesday, April 20th. You may change your deck between rounds (within the limits of your card pool), but you may NOT change your selected starter deck between rounds.

Good luck!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
MidnightLich wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:05 pm I would love to hear from players about what this card pool did well, what it was missing, and what things would really make it shine in future events.

-crp
Oh, I have so many answers. I was planning to make a report.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Gunslinger, FYI: Grandar and I are slated to play our game Monday at 1500 GMT.
MidnightLich wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:05 pm I would love to hear from players about what this card pool did well, what it was missing, and what things would really make it shine in future events.
Not sure if I'll have anything intelligible to report, but I'll be sure to write sum' up in my AAR.
(I really like the concept of having a pre-fab deck which already works, and only have to tweak it. But that's not exclusive to this format; so "these are not not the informations you're looking for".)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Mr.Sloan wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:06 pm I dislike the many dublicate missions.
Come to think of it, I can second that. Was it a conscious choice during design? (I believe that the Coming Of Age starters went completely the other way on that issue.)
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
SudenKapala wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:27 pm
Mr.Sloan wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:06 pm I dislike the many dublicate missions.
Come to think of it, I can second that. Was it a conscious choice during design? (I believe that the Coming Of Age starters went completely the other way on that issue.)
If you don't change out missions from the packs, you will end up with 6 duplicated missions during a mirror match. I didn't notice if any of the different starters shared missions.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Things I noticed when I looked at the packs during the initial attempt at a draft:

Assign Support Personnel and Call for Reinforcements are in each of the starters. They do not need to be in the packs too. It would be nice to see a variety of Reactor Core cards to build a deck around instead, though I just looked at the list and couldn't decide if any would be good in sealed or way OP.
I saw HQs in the pool. This seems to be dead weight, unless you're good enough to snag both the HQ and the homeworld as well. Also, how many extra free plays can you really get from these? It gets more complicated when you consider Espionage Mission is in the pool. I didn't see any espionage cards in, nor did I see HQ: Secure Homeworld. Who's supposed to do this mission? Are you going to snag it on the off-chance you get both Office of the President and some Ambassadors?
Baraka is ridiculously common and no one wants it. Can it be booted from the pool?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yes, of course, mirror matches are a high risk -- duh! For some reason, I didn't think of that when I wrote my answer.

But Earth could have prevented more duplication, if nothing else, haha!

If I had (or have) drawn it and/or chose a compatible affiliation, I('d) certainly have stocked Baraka for sure! It's an intriguing card with beautiful art, and links to early pioneering and SF and tech innovation. (Like early ST ENT atmosphere.) I like that about it. Won't see much Constructed play perhaps (I accept the challenge!), but a fun shuttle, LOL.
I do see your point, it's way too weak. But I wouldn't have cared.
Just letting you know there are more reasons to love and stock cards, than kust playability. (Which you know, of course. :thumbsup: :wink: )

Bogus / unusable cards will always be part of draft/sealed, right? I rather like the anticipation of "did I also get Shipwright?", and the "what if" feelings. Part of the fun!

If there is high risk, perhaps just add more packs to the pool?
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
SudenKapala wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:16 am Bogus / unusable cards will always be part of draft/sealed, right?
In the aborted draft event, I think my pod of 3 players saw at least 5 copies of Baraka. That's way too common.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation