For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

• 220 posts

Should We Have a Fifth Round?

Yes
40%
No
40%
No opinion
20%
NOTICE:

If this ends up with an odd number I will pseudo join in to play recorded - non sanctioned, fully exhibition games against the bye player each week. (They use whatever deck they want, I use whatever deck I want). I am going to try to make it 5 different, new decks for entertainment value.

So they get the bye win still, I get a game and content. No one's rating is at stake and that gives me freedom to do interesting things.

I ask that if this happens everyone is agreeing to make a best effort to play our match.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Hoss-Drone wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:53 pm NOTICE:

If this ends up with an odd number I will pseudo join in to play recorded - non sanctioned, fully exhibition games against the bye player each week. (They use whatever deck they want, I use whatever deck I want). I am going to try to make it 5 different, new decks for entertainment value.

So they get the bye win still, I get a game and content. No one's rating is at stake and that gives me freedom to do interesting things.

I ask that if this happens everyone is agreeing to make a best effort to play our match.
Thanks for doing this!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Mr.Sloan wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:48 am
jadziadax8 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:25 pm Alright, we are up to 18 players, which means that this is a 5 round slugfest!

:cheersL: :cheersR:
germans are already awake and looking forward to pairings :)
The Random Integer Generator is open and I'm working on them as we speak!
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:53 am
jadziadax8 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:25 pm Alright, we are up to 18 players, which means that this is a 5 round slugfest!

:cheersL: :cheersR:
there are 17 players. can you give ensign q the bye accidentily? :shifty:
Mr.Sloan wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:13 am
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:53 am

there are 17 players. can you give ensign q the bye accidentily? :shifty:
Reminder: if you have the bye but want a game still. I'm available as I said before.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Actually, I gave @SirRogue the first round Bye in deference to his vacation. If he wishes to play instead, he can take my pairing and I will take the bye this round.

So, according to the Random Integer Generator, here are your first round pairings:

Maggie Geppert (@jadziadax8) vs. Tim Gerrard (@grandar) FW 100-50
Brian Sykes (@Armus) vs. Michael Van Breemen (@The Ninja Scot) FW 100-0
Sebastian Kirstein (@Caretaker's Guest) vs. Joseph Wisniewski (@geraldkw) FW 100-0
Christian (@Mr.Sloan) vs. Paddy Tye (@KazonPADD) MW +35
Stephen R Sanders (@Spock with a Goatee) vs. @Ensign Q FW 100 - 0
Matthew Zinno (@commdecker) vs. Stephen P (@Spectre9) MW 40-0
Niall Matthew (@sexecutioner) vs. Mathew McCalpin (@Professor Scott) MW 95-75
Jon Carter (@pfti) vs. Daniel Matteson (@OKCoyote) Both decided to drop
Rogue Shindler (@SirRogue) vs. The Cabin in the Woods (AKA The Bye)
Suden entered the fray late, so he has received a missed game.

Please have your games completed by Thursday, April 8th, if possible. I would like to put up the next pairings on Friday, April 9th.

And finally, here's a reminder for everyone:

The Tournament Code of Conduct (Appendix B of the Organized Play Guide) will be in full effect during this 5-Round event. All rules questions should go through me. I am jadziadax8888 on Skype for easy messaging. Any outing of decks between rounds or other types of misbehavior here on the Boards will receive sanctioning according to this CoC. This is a Level 1 event. We're all here to have fun. Good luck you all and thanks for playing. I am absolutely floored that we have 17 people signed up for this.
Last edited by jadziadax8 on Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:39 am, edited 5 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:35 am Actually, I gave @SirRogue the first round Bye in deference to his vacation. If he wishes to play instead, he can take my pairing and I will take the bye this round.

So, according to the Random Integer Generator, here are your first round pairings:

Brian Sykes (@Armus) vs. Michael Van Breemen (@The Ninja Scot)
Man I always seem to get the easy first round match-ups. Gotta love the opportunity to get a warmup game in! :P

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I've been eyeballing this which much interest. (As mentioned, possibly elsewhere?) Having Beccles in the rear view mirror, and only 1 day left until the Coming Of Age event is also finished, I am starting to itch for that "register" button...

I'm holding out until I can really check my calendar (still writing after action reports now for Beccles, and prepping for CoA), but expect me when you see me. 8)

Edit: I see that I might rescue someone from a Cabin In The Woods? Hmm... that makes it all the more worthwhile... (What's with the interest in that film? I love it. I'd have chosen the Cenobite instead, though.)
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
geraldkw wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:36 am Due to the holiday weekend, Seppel and I can't play until Saturday.
That's fine. I have another pairing who may need an extension.

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]