For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

• 220 posts

Should We Have a Fifth Round?

Yes
40%
No
40%
No opinion
20%
jadziadax8 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:55 am
SirRogue wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:53 am
jadziadax8 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:04 pm I have not heard anything officially, but I'm assuming so. There are a couple of new decktypes, so I'm betting @SirRogue has some achievement ideas brewing.
The exciting climatic finale of my favorite Star Trek show? I'll dig deep and see if I can find any inspiration. :shifty:
Are you inspired enough to play online with us? :shifty:
I was actually thinking about it, but I'll be going out of town the first week of April for the first time in over a year (to a cabin in the mountains, so still distancing). I'd hate to screw up my tournament game scheduling so quickly.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Awww, nuts!

But yay vacation!

You gotta watch out for those Cabins in the Woods, though.
Ensign Q wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:32 am will it have any special rules? X cards from dogs mandatory or sth like that?
I can't guarantee anything, but historically, at least the last dozen or so (non-boutique sized) sets released for both 1E and 2E have had accompanying release feats requiring play within the first several weeks of release using at least 6-8 cards from the new set in question, depending on the size of the set.

That is not to say this is a requirement for the tournament, but it will be the first available event in the usual time window to be considered a "release" event for such things, and I read somewhere that earning release feat achievements during this spring might also qualify you for something else. :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Yeah @jadziadax8, are you going too impose any Dogs of War related restrictions or simply Complete as it is currently listed, meaning there doesn't have to be ANY Dogs cards if we don't want to play them?
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
It’s complete. I’m not going to make anyone play with cards they don’t want to use.

Achievement hunting is a choice.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:12 am It’s complete. I’m not going to make anyone play with cards they don’t want to use.

You don't like 5 duplicated missions. DO YOU NOT LIKE FUN? :P
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
sexecutioner wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:46 am
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:12 am It’s complete. I’m not going to make anyone play with cards they don’t want to use.

You don't like 5 duplicated missions. DO YOU NOT LIKE FUN? :P
My love of fun is well documented, thankyouverymuch.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Spectre9 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:46 pm I'm interested.

Haven't played in a while but this new set has me interested.
Woohoo! Welcome back.

Yes, as noted, I was not trying to imply it would be a tournament rule, just noting that it is a qualifying tournament for release-released shenanigans, for those in the hunt for that sort of thing.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Armus wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:35 pm So not to be the materialistic weasel of the group... :shifty:

... but with 16 players and 5 rounds any chance we can get some hot prize action? This thing seems to have gotten real!
Well, I was going to purchase a couple of release kits when they get printed, but I can probably scrounge around and find some other goodies from my prize stores. I might see if I can weasel a couple of *redacted* out of the Warehouse... :shifty:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]