For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
eberlems wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:38 pm seems that the pack generator put commas between title and subtitle which lackey doesn't like.
Good to know, I will make sure not to add them next time.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
How is the drafting going so far? Any snags or issues that have popped up? Over lunch hour I put the first wave of packs together, and my hope is I can get these out by the end of the day Thursday so y'all can have a couple of days to chew on them over the weekend. I will likely send the 2nd wave out next Monday, as I am out of town Saturday and Sunday.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
The Defeat the Borg draft is chugging along just fine. Tim and I just played out Warp Speed game and he told me he would pass the mission packs when we were done.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
The Defeat the Borg pod has concluded drafting, and the Classic TNG pod is working their way through the 2nd set of packs. Once drafting concludes, I will post your first round pairings. This should be exciting!
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
I think we are getting close to the end of drafting / deck building, so here are your first round pairings. Please try to get your games in over the next two weeks. If we finish early, I will post the second round pairings at that time. Thanks, and have fun! :cheersL:

Round 1:
Maggie vs. Christopher
Georgio vs. Markus
Tim vs. Eric
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
@LORE, before my first game today, can I get a ruling?

Since quadrants don't matter in IDIC Draft, does that mean the text of U.S.S. Voyager and U.S.S. Equinox stating that you need to be in the DQ to report a personnel is also deactivated?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:05 am @LORE, before my first game today, can I get a ruling?

Since quadrants don't matter in IDIC Draft, does that mean the text of U.S.S. Voyager and U.S.S. Equinox stating that you need to be in the DQ to report a personnel is also deactivated?
No dog in this fight, but I thought IDIC only ignored the movement between quadrants rule, not any card- specific text.

Obviously, it's Kris's show and if ignoring that text is best for business, then I don't think anyone is going to argue the point, but as a strict reading, I'd say you need to be at a [DQ] mission for your Voyager/Equinox to do its reporting thing.

:twocents:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:05 am @LORE, before my first game today, can I get a ruling?

Hmmm, good question. You have a roving HQ, but one in which you might not be able to report to until turn 2. Wow, had not thought about this previously.

I think because those ships are hard to staff anyways for this event, let's go with that you can report to the ship regardless of which quadrant you are in. I feel like doing otherwise might make that entire pod 3 turns behind their TNG counter parts, since you would probably need 12 people in play before you could start attempting missions.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Maggie FW Christopher 70-0

This game I happened to get Voyager in my opening hand, so things were a little skewed. I did decide to play this game straight, and only played personnel to my ship when I was in the DQ. This caused me to draw through for one of my turns. If I had gotten stopped again at a mission, I would basically have had to draw through multiple turns.

It's certainly off-putting in this format and gives Voyager a disadvantage against all the HQs, one not balanced by the fact that In Development is full cost against them.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:53 pm Maggie FW Christopher 70-0

This game I happened to get Voyager in my opening hand, so things were a little skewed. I did decide to play this game straight, and only played personnel to my ship when I was in the DQ. This caused me to draw through for one of my turns. If I had gotten stopped again at a mission, I would basically have had to draw through multiple turns.

It's certainly off-putting in this format and gives Voyager a disadvantage against all the HQs, one not balanced by the fact that In Development is full cost against them.
This is good data, thanks. I appreciate you all giving this card pool a shot, even if our conclusion ends up being that it is not good / borderline unplayable. Perhaps against itself is the option, instead of against another pool? Hmmm...
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
LORE wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:09 pm This is good data, thanks. I appreciate you all giving this card pool a shot, even if our conclusion ends up being that it is not good / borderline unplayable. Perhaps against itself is the option, instead of against another pool? Hmmm...
Yeah, I'm starting to see why you are not allowed to add Voyager and Borg into the Infinite Diversity HQ pool creator. This scenario really should be its own thing. I wonder if @Maelwys or @DJstormtrooper would like to expound on the creation of this scenario, since they were the development team for ID Remastered.
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]