For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Here is the April event, with LORE tagging in for OKCoyote as the T.D.

Players must be pre-registered by 11:59 pm (Eastern time) on April 18th. Pre-registered players must also PM me their email address for pack drafting. The first packs will be emailed out on the night of the 19th. First round pairings will be announced when ALL cards have been drafted, and will then progress at a normal one-round-per-week pace. The number of rounds will depend on how many players are registered (most likely 3, unless we have 8 or more players).

The group of headquarters we'll be using this month is TBD; however, I'm open to suggestions/favorites.

Draft rules:

Each player will first receive an Infinite Diversity set with all 21 cards it contains, and 4 Headquarters. These cards are fixed and are not drafted. (This means you can choose what Headquarters to use after drafting your other cards.)

Next, each player will receive (and draft) a mission pack with nine missions. Pick one mission, pass the rest, etc., until the pack is fully drafted.

Next, each player will receive 6 additional packs of 9 cards each, in two groupings of 3 packs each. The first group of 3 will be drafted together (pick 1 card from each pack, then pass all 3, etc.), then the second group will be sent and drafted.

A random table order will be generated and each player will pass their missions to the right, then the first 3 packs to the left, then the second 3 packs back to the right.

The packs are generated by the TrekCC Virtual Pack Creator, but will be sent as text files that can be opened in WordPad (and in Lackey). To open the packs, simply do so in WordPad. Next, choose the card that you want from the pack, remove it (Ctrl + X) and paste it into your card pool (your initial draft kit, Ctrl + V). Save both files and send the packs (minus one card each) along to the next person in the list.

Depending on number of players, there may be multiple pods (for drafting; everyone's in one group once we're playing).

As a refresher, here are the Infinite Diversity Rules:

Deck Limits
Deck Size: Minimum 25 Maximum NONE
Dilemma Pile: Minimum 10 Maximum NONE
Missions: Exactly 5

The “rule of three” is suspended while players are constructing their draft decks. This means you can include as many copies of any card you draft!

No Quadrants
All quadrant rules are suspended; every mission is considered to be in every quadrant. (You do not need to add 2 to the Range required to move between missions.)

Reinforcement
If you have a headquarters mission, you may play any personnel and/or ships that couldn’t normally report to that headquarters at cost +1.

First Turn Download
During the Play and Draw Cards segment of your first turn (and only your first turn), you may spend 3 counters to download a ship.

Discard Pile Recycling
The first time each game your deck is empty, you may immediately shuffle your discard pile into a new deck.

Victory Conditions
A player wins the game (for a Full Win) when they have:
scored 70 points (or more);
completed at least one planet mission; and
completed at least one space mission.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
I see that Eric and Tim are in.

Who else? Mags? Charlie? Jules? Daniel? Peter? Georgio? Frederic? Ideally, I will run and not play in this one since I know the card pool but would participate if needed for sanctioning or to square up a pod. In that case, I might conscript the wife or another OP member to do the card pools for us. Stay tuned.

Also, what affiliations do ya'll want to draft this time?
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
grandar wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:21 pm I think we should do some that we haven’t touched in the last several months. Like DQ or SF and TOS.
Unfortunately, these kinda do not work with ID Draft. TOS gets a draw just for playing their dudes (slightly broken), Starfleet gets a 10 point bonus for doing space first (super broken), and I honestly do not even know how Voyager works without even having an HQ. :?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LORE wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:41 pm
grandar wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:21 pm I think we should do some that we haven’t touched in the last several months. Like DQ or SF and TOS.
Unfortunately, these kinda do not work with ID Draft. TOS gets a draw just for playing their dudes (slightly broken), Starfleet gets a 10 point bonus for doing space first (super broken), and I honestly do not even know how Voyager works without even having an HQ. :?
My last experience playing ID Draft was the "defeat the Borg" scenario at Gencon 2014. I do NOT recommend.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Let's see... *checks achievements*

Not sure if there's any option involving [Baj] , [DS9] , and [DS9-E] , but those are the three where I'm one away from the "Regular" achievement, so if I'm jumping in on this gig, then maybe those?
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Potential ID Drafters-

I ran a pack simulator last night with the Defeat the Borg scenario, and it appears you get non-aligned guys, Borg guys, and Voyager icon guys with the ability to play either Voyager or Equinox. I did not see any huge issues at quick glance, other than perhaps not enough Borg people since they cannot use those NA's floating around. That said, this might be fun to try at least once. Any strong objections?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LORE wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:45 am Potential ID Drafters-

I ran a pack simulator last night with the Defeat the Borg scenario, and it appears you get non-aligned guys, Borg guys, and Voyager icon guys with the ability to play either Voyager or Equinox. I did not see any huge issues at quick glance, other than perhaps not enough Borg people since they cannot use those NA's floating around. That said, this might be fun to try at least once. Any strong objections?
I get that y'all have been playing for a few months and gone through the other scenarios, so I understand wanting to try this one out.

But if that's the way it's going, I think I'll pass.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:52 am
LORE wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:45 am Potential ID Drafters-

I get that y'all have been playing for a few months and gone through the other scenarios, so I understand wanting to try this one out.

But if that's the way it's going, I think I'll pass.
If we can rope you in with a different scenario, I'm OK with waiting off on Defeat the Borg.

Caveat to this - I have found it extremely difficult to get affiliation-based achievements in Draft. Getting a majority of any particular affiliation takes a bit of doing.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
We have 5 pre-registered so far (not counting me) so this gig is shaping up to be 2 drafting pods. My thought was to run the Defeat the Board Borg scenario for those of you wanting to mix it up a little bit and probably Classic TNG for our new player / those that are looking for something more traditional. Thoughts? Objections?

Please let me know if you have a pod preference. I will only play if I make it an even number and will just go to whichever pod needs me.

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]