For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LORE wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:30 am We have 5 pre-registered so far (not counting me) so this gig is shaping up to be 2 drafting pods. My thought was to run the Defeat the Board Borg scenario for those of you wanting to mix it up a little bit and probably Classic TNG for our new player / those that are looking for something more traditional. Thoughts? Objections?

Please let me know if you have a pod preference. I will only play if I make it an even number and will just go to whichever pod needs me.
Any chance I can talk you into either Maquis or Dominion War instead of TNG for that second pod?
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Armus wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:21 am Any chance I can talk you into either Maquis or Dominion War instead of TNG for that second pod?
I have no strong preference, just know that the Maquis pod would have far more 1-cost people in it than the Defeat the Borg pod and that the Dominion War pod would have a 1-range HQ, which is also not truly fair.

That said, I will run what the players want. I am just cautioning you that if you are trying to angle for a deck building achievement, you are going to be disappointed. We have run over a half dozen of these so far, and nobody's deck ever qualifies.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
I see 6 registered so far. Please let me know your preferred pod assignment.

Defeat the Borg
Maggie
Georgio
Tim

Classic TNG
Markus
Eric
Christopher
Last edited by LORE on Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
With 6 registered i don't want to jam up the numbers.

If y'all get another player before you kick off and need an 8th, let me know and I'll tag in.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Armus wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:21 am With 6 registered i don't want to jam up the numbers.

If y'all get another player before you kick off and need an 8th, let me know and I'll tag in.
I am still not signed up, and if we get another one or two people we could always run a 3rd pod (as groups of 3) with either of the other scenarios.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LORE wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:22 am
Armus wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:21 am With 6 registered i don't want to jam up the numbers.

I am still not signed up, and if we get another one or two people we could always run a 3rd pod (as groups of 3) with either of the other scenarios.
I'll be an 8th - 4-person pods are fine. I don't want to be a 9th and create a bye (and a 4th round).
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
If there are any last minute entrants, get in here today! I have already started putting together the mission packs for the Defeat the Borg scenario and will do the Classic TNG ones shortly.

Players take note, I am taking a little bit of Artistic License with the card pools. Nothing major, just swapping quality in for junk where I see it. In particular, the Defeat the Borg packs did not look like they had enough Borg missions (read either Borg or "any crew / any away team") so I pulled out a handful of 30-pointers nobody would draft any way and grabbed the next useful mission to pop up in the pack generator that was not already in the pool. If anyone really cares about seeing how the sausage is made so to speak, I ran it for 8 players even though we only need 3 per pod and will do so throughout.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LORE wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:26 am If there are any last minute entrants, get in here today! I have already started putting together the mission packs for the Defeat the Borg scenario and will do the Classic TNG ones shortly.

Players take note, I am taking a little bit of Artistic License with the card pools. Nothing major, just swapping quality in for junk where I see it. In particular, the Defeat the Borg packs did not look like they had enough Borg missions (read either Borg or "any crew / any away team") so I pulled out a handful of 30-pointers nobody would draft any way and grabbed the next useful mission to pop up in the pack generator that was not already in the pool. If anyone really cares about seeing how the sausage is made so to speak, I ran it for 8 players even though we only need 3 per pod and will do so throughout.
Are you playing, Kris? If so I'll jump in. If not I'll defer so I don't crap up your numbers.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Armus wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:28 amAre you playing, Kris? If so I'll jump in. If not I'll defer so I don't crap up your numbers.
Currently, I am not as I am doing the card pools and do not want that shadow of unfairness over the event. That said, if we get a 7th I am still assuming you are the 8th. :wink:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
And their off! If anyone wishes to join, please PM as soon as possible and I can have you catch up with your pod or form a new pod with you. Good luck, everyone, and happy drafting!
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation