For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
To The Dojo members participating in this event — for the month of June, the The Ancient One is allowing you to report these games as league games for The Online Casual League.

To report these games for league credit, simply go to the #results channel in The Dojo’s Discord Sever and report the result there adding a comment that the reported game was part of this event.

TK
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hello, and welcome to Round 2 of 4 in this TNG-Only OTF Public Playtesting tournament. Please try and get your games completed by the end of the day on Thursday, June 17th. Here are the 2nd round pairings:

Tim Gerrard (grandar) vs Paddy Tye (KazonPADD)
Brian Sykes (Armus) vs Maggie Geppert (jadziadax8)
Mathew McCalpin (Professor Scott) vs Charlie Plaine (MidnightLich)
Brian S (JeBuS) vs Niall Matthew (sexecutioner)
Joseph Wisniewski (geraldkw) vs Michael Van Breemen (The Ninja Scot)

In addition, there is still an outstanding game from Round 1:

Maggie Geppert (jadziadax8) vs Charlie Plaine (MidnightLich)

However, as I'm the one that's been unable to schedule a time, I've gone ahead and paired Maggie as if she was victorious. (And I'll be honest, she likely will be!)

If something comes up and you're unable to play or contact your opponent, or if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

As a reminder, because this is a Public Playtesting tournament, there are a few special considerations:

1) I encourage you to take quick notes about your own experiences during the game. Taking notes about opponent's cards so you can remember stuff is still against the spirit of the rules, but if you find yourself wishing for a card during a game, that would be useful information. (And, tournament reports at the end of the event will be appreciated.)

2) If you find that you, or an opponent, has made a mistake and included an illegal card, please be understanding. This is a new card pool and mistakes are bound to happen. If you notice immediately, please just set the card out of play (unresolved) and continue the game. If you notice later, then just remove the card at that time. If you have the card in your deck, correct it and replace it before your next game. If you or your opponent feel that the mistake has serious game implications, save the game, pause playing, and contact me immediately. But hopefully, you can be understanding and move forward. And don't forget that any copy of a card is fine as long as the card has a TNG, Generations, or AKC property logo version.

3) You may make minor alterations to your deck between rounds. If you do, keep track of what you changed, as this should be included in the final report/survey. Such changes may not alter the nature of your deck - no switching from Borg to Klingon, etc. You may change up to five (5) cards between rounds, not counting any illegal cards. Finally, you may not change your deck based on what you know or suspect your next opponent to be playing.

That's it - let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to seeing the results!

-crp
Last edited by MidnightLich on Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Niall sexecutes Brian S FW 100-57

*The special number for this game is 19. Let's see if I can beat it next round...

:wink:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
SudenKapala wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:22 pm
sexecutioner wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:16 pm The special number for this game is 19. Let's see if I can beat it next round.
Haha, curious... Too bad I won't get to "sexperience" this, either...
Niall's deck is a singular piece of work. Playing against him in round 1 was a total blast!

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:45 pm
SudenKapala wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:22 pm
sexecutioner wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:16 pm The special number for this game is 19. Let's see if I can beat it next round.
Haha, curious... Too bad I won't get to "sexperience" this, either...
Niall's deck is a singular piece of work.
More than usual? (Aren't they always?) Looking fwd to the after action reports.
 -  
Prophet
I'm having a very hard time sitting at my computer in addition to the usual difficulty I have scheduling games. (The former is a long story, but the short version is I hurt myself.) I'm wondering if anyone would like to sub in for me in this tournament and take my spot. You'd need to play two games to catch up, but I'll be very generous with extensions - after all, this is not a rated tournament.

Please let me know if you're willing to sub in for me.

Thank you.

Signed, a very grateful, tired, and hurting tournament director.

-crp
 -  
Prophet
Hello, and welcome to Round 3 of 4 in this TNG-Only OTF Public Playtesting tournament. I do apologize for the delay in getting these results posted. If possible, please try and get your games completed by the end of the day on Monday, June 28th. Here are the 3rd round pairings:

Mathew McCalpin (Professor Scott) vs. Paddy Tye (KazonPADD)
Brian Sykes (Armus) vs. Michael Van Breemen (The Ninja Scot)
Tim Gerrard (grandar) vs. Maggie Geppert (jadziadax8)
Niall Matthew (sexecutioner) vs. Joseph Wisniewski (geraldkw)
Brian S. (JeBuS) vs. Charlie Plaine (MidnightLich)

I have conceded the two matches that I have been unable to play. I'm hopeful things are improving for me and I can play the last two rounds, though.

If something comes up and you're unable to play or contact your opponent, or if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

As a reminder, because this is a Public Playtesting tournament, there are a few special considerations:

1) I encourage you to take quick notes about your own experiences during the game. Taking notes about opponent's cards so you can remember stuff is still against the spirit of the rules, but if you find yourself wishing for a card during a game, that would be useful information. (And, tournament reports at the end of the event will be appreciated.)

2) If you find that you, or an opponent, has made a mistake and included an illegal card, please be understanding. This is a new card pool and mistakes are bound to happen. If you notice immediately, please just set the card out of play (unresolved) and continue the game. If you notice later, then just remove the card at that time. If you have the card in your deck, correct it and replace it before your next game. If you or your opponent feel that the mistake has serious game implications, save the game, pause playing, and contact me immediately. But hopefully, you can be understanding and move forward. And don't forget that any copy of a card is fine as long as the card has a TNG, Generations, or AKC property logo version.

3) You may make minor alterations to your deck between rounds. If you do, keep track of what you changed, as this should be included in the final report/survey. Such changes may not alter the nature of your deck - no switching from Borg to Klingon, etc. You may change up to five (5) cards between rounds, not counting any illegal cards. Finally, you may not change your deck based on what you know or suspect your next opponent to be playing.

That's it - let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to seeing the results!

-crp
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
In a most excellent game, jadziadax8 FW grandar 100-65. I can stop playing this tournament now. My deck did exactly what it was designed to do. :D
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]