For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
This is also a friendly, as in non-ratings based, tournament, correct?
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Professor Scott wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:20 pm This is also a friendly, as in non-ratings based, tournament, correct?
Yes, it is unrated. There are no achievements. There will be prizes, but everyone will get some. The whole purpose is to have fun, and test the card pool.

-crp

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:57 pm Reminder: this tournament starts next Friday. Sign up now and help us figure out if this card pool has legs!

-crp

Wait I'm confused. Is this a tournament or a playtesting party?
 -  
Prophet
It's playtesting being run as a tournament. Just like the one we did last year. It'll be run like a tournament, it just doesn't count for ratings or achievements. One game per week, etc. Bonus rewards for writing reports and doing post-game surveys.

-crp

By Ausgang (Gerald Sieber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
In an effort to provide more different video content about the game, I'd like to broadcast some tournament matches through my channel. Therefore, I call on every participant in this tournament, if you are willing to let me record your matches.

Since I am not participating in the tournament and I want to diversify the content (i.e. not always having me playing), my idea is to make the recording as a spectator. Of course, I will not interfere with the match in any way while recording and be absolutely silent.

Furthermore, I will only do this if both players give their consent to let me record. If you are not familiar with my videos, here are some guidelines I adhere to during the post-production process: (1) While I record the conversation between the players, which is necessary to properly reconstruct the flow of the game, that conversation will not be published and completely supplanted by my own voice-over; (2) each player will only be represented by their first name, so that you are basically anonymous to the unknown watcher. If you want me to make any other adaptations, I will try to implement them, but only if you communicate them beforehand (and if feasible).

Thanks for listening, and hopefully some will support my endeavour to provide more publicity for the game we love. Please beware, that I have no commercial goals with my channel.

To not further derail the actual topic of this thread, please contact me via PM concerning anything about my post, whether it is to inform me about your willingness or it is about any suggestions or criticism.

Everyone, good luck and have fun in the tournament! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
There were 10 players when I pre-registered but it looks like we lost one.

I don't want a bye situation, so I'm willing to stay in or drop as needed. The main reason I signed up was to get to an even number.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
I am ok with you recording any of my matches, but a couple things:

Firstly, the videos should not be released until the tournament is complete just to avoid any spoilers even though this is a friendly tournament.

Secondly, the players will find a time that is best for them, and should not feel obligated to find a time that works for you to record. If you are available to start a recording and just let it run, that's fine.

Thirdly, I should think you would use the player's TrekCC handles and not their names as these handles provide enough anonymity and are what we are known by in the community at large.

Just my :twocents:
 -  
Prophet
Hello, and welcome to Round 1 of 4 in this TNG-Only OTF Public Playtesting tournament. Please try and get your games completed by the end of the day on Thursday, June 10th. Here are the 1st round pairings:

Joseph Wisniewski (geraldkw) vs Tim Gerrard (grandar)
Brian Sykes (Armus) vs Niall Matthew (sexecutioner)
Maggie Geppert (jadziadax8) vs Charlie Plaine (MidnightLich)
Paddy Tye (KazonPADD) vs Michael Van Breemen (The Ninja Scot)
Brian S (JeBuS) vs Mathew McCalpin (Professor Scott)

If something comes up and you're unable to play or contact your opponent, or if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Because this is a Public Playtesting tournament, there are a few special considerations:

1) I encourage you to take quick notes about your own experiences during the game. Taking notes about opponent's cards so you can remember stuff is still against the spirit of the rules, but if you find yourself wishing for a card during a game, that would be useful information. (And, tournament reports at the end of the event will be appreciated.)

2) If you find that you, or an opponent, has made a mistake and included an illegal card, please be understanding. This is a new card pool and mistakes are bound to happen. If you notice immediately, please just set the card out of play (unresolved) and continue the game. If you notice later, then just remove the card at that time. If you have the card in your deck, correct it and replace it before your next game. If you or your opponent feel that the mistake has serious game implications, save the game, pause playing, and contact me immediately. But hopefully, you can be understanding and move forward. And don't forget that any copy of a card is fine as long as the card has a TNG, Generations, or AKC property logo version.

3) You may make minor alterations to your deck between rounds. If you do, keep track of what you changed, as this should be included in the final report/survey. Such changes may not alter the nature of your deck - no switching from Borg to Klingon, etc. You may change up to five (5) cards between rounds, not counting any illegal cards. Finally, you may not change your deck based on what you know or suspect your next opponent to be playing.

That's it - let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to seeing the results!

-crp
Last edited by MidnightLich on Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Ausgang (Gerald Sieber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Professor Scott wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:40 am Firstly, the videos should not be released until the tournament is complete just to avoid any spoilers even though this is a friendly tournament.

Secondly, the players will find a time that is best for them, and should not feel obligated to find a time that works for you to record. If you are available to start a recording and just let it run, that's fine.

Thirdly, I should think you would use the player's TrekCC handles and not their names as these handles provide enough anonymity and are what we are known by in the community at large.
1) I forgot to mention that point. That's actually self-evident.
2) Definitely, I don't expect anyone to adapt to my schedule. I was merely asking for the chance to join an already scheduled match.
3) Using the handles has a lot more side-effects (I cut it down to the basics). First, it makes it more like a thing of an enclosed environment; the videos aren't only watched by trekcc members. Second and foremost, using handles makes it more confusing for the audience. Most handles are game-relevant terms, which makes it somewhat awkward if both collide in the script (i.e. is the narrator now talking about the card or the player). This is something I don't find feasible (apart from aesthetic reasons).

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Mathew McCalpin (Professor Scott) FW over Brian S (JeBuS) 100-0
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Just played MVB. I got the FW 100-75. Always a pleasure sir!

Gerald watched and recorded the game so you can watch it back later!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
In a totally bonkers game, Sykes FW Niall 100-35.

The crazy bullshit factor was off the charts, including an epic finish, the details of which will be included in my report!
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]