For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
For the next Online Limited Series event, we're going to have some fun in the Delta Quadrant! It's going to be like an OTSD event, except... totally not!

Here's the cardpool each player will receive:

*one Voyager starter deck
*three Voyager booster packs
*one OTSD set of 20 cards
*two Delta Quadrant Wild packs*
*New Arrivals

What's a Wild pack? This will be a pack of 15 random cards from a curated list of 250. The list contains every Delta Quadrant location that is not in the Voyager set, and every card with a Voyager property logo that is not in the Voyager set - with the exception of Borg affiliation and "Borg Only" icon cards. This includes both Decipher-era and CC-era cards, as well as cards originally printed with a different property logo that have an alternate printing with a Voyager logo! (Note: there will be a few unplayable duds in this list. I don't care; adding these up came to an exact 250 and I love it.)

OK, with all that said, how do you play? This event follows regular OTF rules for deck construction and gameplay, with the following alterations:

* All missions, facilities, personnel, and ships in your card pool are considered to have a Delta Quadrant icon. (Everything plays in one quadrant.)
* The effects of Treaty: Federation/Romulan/Klingon extend to Kazon and Vidiian affiliations. (Sorry, Hirogen. You may get a few in your pool, but you'll need to be creative to use them.)
* Ignore the rule that requires you to score an additional 40 points to win if you don't solve an Alpha Quadrant mission. (The rule that requires you to score an additional 40 points to win if you don't solve both planet and space missions still applies.)
* All errata is to be followed as this is a Lackey event - do not play cards "as printed."
* The Big Picture and Fair Play are banned.

Other notes:
* This is not Warp Speed. One card play per turn, holograms are still holograms, AU icons still matter, etc.
* Let me know if you think I've missed any unusual interactions or rules that should be addressed prior to the start of the event.
* Feel free to ask clarifying questions as needed.
* Cardpools will go out on or around 6/1, with first round pairings announced on 6/8.
Last edited by OKCoyote on Fri May 28, 2021 12:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Point of order, the rule about having to solve an [AQ] mission doesn’t apply if neither player seeds one, so we don’t actually have to ignore that rule. It simply doesn’t apply.

Also, in!

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Not that it is likely to be an issue, but what about Delta Quadrant Spatial Scission, is it legal?
Last edited by Professor Scott on Wed May 26, 2021 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Professor Scott wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:49 am Not that it is likely to be an issue, but what about Delta Quadrant Spatial Scission, is it legal?
It's OTF, so no?

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
jadziadax8 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:04 am
Professor Scott wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:49 am Not that it is likely to be an issue, but what about Delta Quadrant Spatial Scission, is it legal?
It's OTF, so no?
It's going to be like an OTSD event, except... totally not!
This event follows regular OTF rules for deck construction and gameplay,

Where's the line drawn? The Line Must Be Drawn Here!!!

In all seriousness, it's a limited format and DQSS would be played in it's intended quadrant, so I figured it was worth the ask since it could be in the starter or boosters. I was trying to limit the unplayable duds.
 -  
Adding a few more notes that should also answer questions asked thus far:

First, all errata is in effect, since we're playing on Lackey.

As for the "do we follow the ban list" rule, the only OTF-banned cards that might come up (I think) are Fair Play, The Big Picture, and Delta Quadrant Spatial Scission. (Persistent Individuality is also a possibility, but I chose not to include it in the card pool as it is technically still a preview card.) Fair Play and The Big Picture will remain banned as they are irrelevant in OTF. As for DQSS, I have no problem with players running this for whatever value they can get out of it. Keep in mind, this card does have errata and that's the version they would get to play.

I've edited these notes into the top post.
 -  
I thought you might like to see a preview of what a sample "Delta Quadrant Wild" booster pack might look like. I randomized the list and generated a single pack of 15 cards as an example.

1. U.S.S. Voyager (Chain of Command)
2. Kazat
3. I'm a Doctor, Not a Bartender
4. Damaged Reputation
5. Borg Nanoprobes
6. Vetar
7. Homestead
8. U.S.S. Dauntless
9. Treaty: Cardassian/Kazon
10. Lonzak
11. Lansor
12. The Clown: On His Throne
13. Your Galaxy Is Impure
14. Ranjen
15. Jetarn

This is barely scratching the surface. I'm seeing surprise doorways on this list, a few Classic Films characters, a couple of Premiere verbs that got reprinted, Kazon Voyager... it's an interesting list!
 -  
I've noticed several effective play engines that are likely to come up, and not many ways to draw cards in this format. For balance purposes, I'm going to include a New Arrivals in each card pool.
 -  
SudenKapala wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:26 am Very tempting, this event. Almost brought me out of my temporary retirement. Hope you keep doing this next year.
"I will tempt you..."
Attachments:
a_klingon_challenge.png
a_klingon_challenge.png (113.86 KiB) Viewed 5416 times
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation