For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Chairman's Challenge Special!

Play to have a chance at a Worlds foil!

Play a Bajoran deck (or Bajoran Treaty deck) to have an extra chance at a Worlds foil.

If we get more than 8 we'll add a 4th Round!

Pairings go up Friday, one week per round.

Please pre-register so we know how many to expect.

Thanks! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Greetings, fellow 1e nerds!

We ended up with 12 players - almost as many as Worlds itself!

That means we'll be doing 4 rounds.

Here are the Round 1 Pairings:

Ensign Q (@Ensign Q) vs. Sebastian Kirstein (@Caretaker's Guest)
DaCrimp (@DaCrimp) vs. Niall Matthew (@sexecutioner)
Jon Carter BYE (@pfti) vs. Michael Van Breemen (@The Ninja Scot)
Joseph Wisniewski (@geraldkw) vs. Austin Chandler BYE (@DarkSabre)
James Heaney (@BCSWowbagger) vs. Brian Sykes (@Armus)
James Monsebroten (@Orbin) vs. Matthew Zinno (@commdecker)

Please try to have your games in by Next Saturday (10/16/2021). If everyone finishes early, I'll pair the next round early.

Good Luck, everyone, and have fun! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
I got a FW over Orbin, 100-35. Fun game!

But man, starting rounds on Fridays is hard. By the time you've done some communicating and settled on a time, the weekend is gone and times are harder to find.

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
commdecker wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:44 pm I got a FW over Orbin, 100-35. Fun game!

But man, starting rounds on Fridays is hard. By the time you've done some communicating and settled on a time, the weekend is gone and times are harder to find.
I agree... my best time is on Saturday and Sunday and this makes it really hard to schedule. We lucked out on a good time to play due to it being a holiday in Canada otherwise we may have not been able to get together :(

It was a fun game!

-James M

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
commdecker wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:44 pm I got a FW over Orbin, 100-35. Fun game!

Thanks for the feedback. I start on Friday to give people that first weekend instead of starting on Monday and leaving only one weekend. With 2 Saturdays and a Sunday in the window, I thought I was being *more* accommodating, not less.

Also, I won't say I've never not granted an extension, but I generally try to be as flexible and accommodating as reasonably possible, so most extensions get granted.

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:03 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I start on Friday to give people that first weekend instead of starting on Monday and leaving only one weekend. With 2 Saturdays and a Sunday in the window, I thought I was being *more* accommodating, not less.

Also, I won't say I've never not granted an extension, but I generally try to be as flexible and accommodating as reasonably possible, so most extensions get granted.
We might have misunderstood then... I read "by Next Saturday (10/16/2021)" as we had up until Friday to get our games in (ie: we needed to complete before the start of day Saturday)

-James M

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
We had a couple people (Carter, Chandler) have to drop so their first round opponents (Wisniewski, MVB) will receive Byes.

We also still have some games outstanding, but we have enough results to do round 2 Pairings at this point.

Without further ado, I give you Round 2:

James Heaney (@BCSWowbagger) vs. Ensign Q (@Ensign Q)
Brian Sykes (@Armus ) vs. DaCrimp
Joseph Wisniewski (@geraldkw) vs. Michael Van Breemen (@The Ninja Scot)
Niall Matthew (@sexecutioner ) vs. Matthew Zinno (@commdecker )
James Monsebroten (@Orbin ) vs. Sebastian Kirstein (@Caretaker's Guest )

Please try to have all results in by Next Tuesday (10/26), including any outstanding Round 1 games. If things wrap up before then I'll post Round 3 early.

Good luck everyone! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]