For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

• 94 posts

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
I'm sorry to ruin your fun y'all....

Organ Theft says 'discard victim'

And we all know discarding a personnel is different from killing a personnel (Spatial Rift and Talosian Cage) so Quinn would be discarded, but the points wouldn't be scored :wink:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
Caretaker's Guest wrote:That is a relief. But I am sure that you bad guys will find another way ;)
I was also thinking about Crell Moset, but he also discards.

Looking forward to seeing what bs you come up with :D

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
sexecutioner wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:00 am
Caretaker's Guest wrote:That is a relief. But I am sure that you bad guys will find another way ;)
I was also thinking about Crell Moset, but he also discards.

Looking forward to seeing what bs you come up with :D
Just play a lot of missions that are likely to be shared and seed so there's a killer wall first seeded below one of them. I do not encourage any of this I am just the idea man.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
MidnightLich wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:21 pmIn the event we get more than 8 players, we'll either split up into pods or add a 4th round to the event. Probably splitting into pods, as November/December tend to be crowded for everyone between the various holidays.
We have 10 players as of now, which makes me inclined to keep everyone in one pod and add a 4th round. I don't want to split into 5 and 5, because that's a lot of byes to hand out. Splitting into 6 and 4 also doesn't feel right. So as of right now, the night before the gig, I'm leaning towards adding a 4th round and running this as one event.

If anyone has strong feelings against this idea, or in favor of another one, please speak up.

-crp
 -  
Prophet
Ladies, gentlemen, and non-binary friends, it's time to kick this event off! This is Round 1 of 4, and here are your pairings:
Julius Melhardt (Clerasil ToB) vs Joe Kallstrom (Commander Joe)
Alexander Schmitz (TyKajada) vs Ensign Q (EnsignQ)
Joseph Wisniewski (geraldkw) vs Michal Van Breemen (The Ninja Scot)
Maggie Geppert (jadziadax8) vs Kevin Jaeger (Hoss-Drone)
Niall Matthew (sexecutioner) vs Sebastian Kirstein (Caretaker's Guest)
Please contact your opponent and arrange a game. I would like all results to be reported before 8 AM Pacific on Monday, November 15th. If you're having trouble coordinating a time, just let me know and I'll happily work with you to grant extensions. This will be especially true as we get into the holidays of Thanksgiving (US) and into December.

There are a number of special rules in this event, outlined in the event page and in the top post. If you and/or your opponent discover a mistake, please do your best to resolve the situation in game. For example, if you accidentally included Guinan in your deck and it's discovered when you play her, just remove her from the game and play a different card. Then, correct the mistake before your next game. Be kind to each other and be forgiving, and remember we're playing for fun.

Good luck all!

-crp
Last edited by MidnightLich on Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I regret that my schedule precludes me from joining the shenanigans this time, but I did just want to pop in and give a shout out to Charlie for putting together this event.

It's clear that there were definitely some lessons learned taken from the Dogs of War release event last spring, and the special rules here give people a chance to actually use the new cards without them just getting stomped on by nullifiers.

Thanks for listening to - and acting on- previous feedback. I hope everybody has fun! :cheersL:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Big Kev had the MW 86-57

Thanks for the super fun game!

We recorded it for posterity and I'll make it available once the tournament is over.
 -  
Prophet
Ladies, gentlemen, and non-binary friends, let us keep the good times rolling! This is Round 2 of 4, and here are your pairings:
Joe Kallstrom (Commander Joe) vs Michal Van Breemen (The Ninja Scot)
Julius Melhardt (Clerasil ToB) vs Niall Matthew (sexecutioner)
Alexander Schmitz (TyKajada) vs Sebastian Kirstein (Caretaker's Guest)
Kevin Jaeger (Hoss-Drone) vs. Joseph Wisniewski (geraldkw)
Maggie Geppert (jadziadax) vs Ensign Q (Ensign Q)
We do still have 2 games outstanding from Round 1. I have granted an automatic extension of one week for these games - if you need longer, please contact me.
Remaining Round 1 Games wrote:Julius Melhardt (Clerasil ToB) vs Joe Kallstrom (Commander Joe)
Niall Matthew (sexecutioner) vs Sebastian Kirstein (Caretaker's Guest)
Please contact your opponent(s) and arrange a game. I would like all results to be reported before 8 AM Pacific on Monday, November 22nd. If you're having trouble coordinating a time, just let me know and I'll happily work with you to grant extensions. This will be especially true as we get into the holidays of Thanksgiving (US) and into December.

There are a number of special rules in this event, outlined in the event page and in the top post. If you and/or your opponent discover a mistake, please do your best to resolve the situation in game. For example, if you accidentally included Guinan in your deck and it's discovered when you play her, just remove her from the game and play a different card. Then, correct the mistake before your next game. Be kind to each other and be forgiving, and remember we're playing for fun.

Good luck all!

-crp
Last edited by MidnightLich on Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
I get the FW 100-39

Thanks again for another blistering game Seppel :D
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]