For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

• 113 posts

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Sykes FW Steven R 100-0

Don't let the score board fool you, he definitely made me earn that one!

Thanks for the game, Steve! It was great catching up with you, and good luck on your upcoming adventure - it sounds super exciting! :cheersL:

By Spock with a Goatee (Stephen R Sanders)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks, Brian! Super fun and thematic game! In spite of not earning any points, I definitely re-learned how <EXCISED> works.
Armus wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:34 am Sykes FW Steven R 100-0

Thanks for the game, Steve! It was great catching up with you, and good luck on your upcoming adventure - it sounds super exciting! :cheersL:
MOD EDIT (nobthehobbit, 2022-01-10): Don't spoil your opponent's deck, please!
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Please see the pairings in a later post on this thread.

-crp
Last edited by MidnightLich on Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:02 pm Brian Sykes (Armus) [Fed] vs Michal Van Breemen (The Ninja Scot) [Kli]
Um... I played [Fed] in Round 1 and @The Ninja Scot played [Kli]

Shouldn't we be on opposite sides from what the pairing says for this match-up?

Not sure if/how other pairing are affected, but I'm pretty sure this one is backwards.
 -  
Prophet
Ladies, gentlemen, and non-binary friends, it's time to kick this event off! Even though we have 1 game pending and 1 game disputed, I want to move this tournament along. Thus, this is Round 2 of 4, and here are your pairings:

Michal Van Breemen (The Ninja Scot) [Fed] vs Brian Sykes (Armus) [Kli]
Sebastian Kirstein (Caretaker's Guest) [Fed] vs Ensign Q (Ensign Q) [Kli]
Niall Matthew (sexecutioner) [Fed] vs Joseph Wisniewski (geraldkw) [Kli]
HsuDoNihm (HsuDoNihm) [Fed] vs Kevin Jaeger (Hoss-Drone) [Kli]
Stephen R Sanders (Spock with a Goatee) [Fed] vs Julius Melhardt (Clerasil ToB) [Kli]
Charlie Plaine (MidnightLich) [Fed] vs Maggie Geppert (jadziadax8) [Kli]

In addition, there is still a game pending from Round 1 - please try and complete this game this week.

Julius Melhardt (Clerasil ToB) [Fed] vs Niall Matthew (sexecutioner) [Kli]

Note: The pending game was scored as a True Tie for pairing purposed, and the disputed game's score was accepted for the purposes of pairing. Both results may change before final results are submitted.

Please contact your opponent and arrange a game. I would like all results to be reported before 9 AM Pacific on Monday, January 17th. If you're having trouble coordinating a time, just let me know and I'll happily work with you to grant extensions.

Remember: this event is NOT RATED. You can not earn nor lose ratings points nor can you earn achievements. Be kind to each other and be forgiving, and remember we're playing for fun. I also suggest that both players run timers to track official game time.

Good luck all!

-crp
 -  
Prophet
Reminder:

During the course of a tournament - even an unrated one - please don't talk about your opponent's decks in public forums.

Also, even though this is unrated, time limits and the Tournament Code of Conduct apply. Games are timed (1h 45m) and all players are expected to be good sports. I encourage both players in all games to run a clock, and communicate clearly about any potential stoppages for breaks, rules issues, etc.

If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact me. Secondary TDs, if I am in your game or are unavailable, are @The Ninja Scot and @jadziadax8 . In the worst case, pause your game, save your game, and contact me - you can resume it later.

These are general statements that apply to all events, and not ones directed at any particular players.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Spock with a Goatee wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:51 am Thanks, Brian! Super fun and thematic game! In spite of not earning any points, I definitely re-learned how <EXCISED> works.
Armus wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:34 am Sykes FW Steven R 100-0

MOD EDIT (nobthehobbit, 2022-01-10): Don't spoil your opponent's deck, please!
Um... what? Steve was spoiling his own deck, not mine!

Geez... :roll:
 -  
Prophet
Ensign Q has dropped from this tournament. As the tournament format requires even numbers, I will also drop to keep things even. This means that for Round 2, the pairing is now:

Sebastian Kirstein (Caretaker's Guest) [Fed] vs Maggie Geppert (jadziadax8) [Kli]

-crp

Done.

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]

Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]