The wall is coming down... the Klingon Empire has half a century of life left... and the Federation is extending an olive branch. It's time to replay and explore the central conflict of The Undiscovered Country with this special, one-of-a-kind release event for Second Star to the Right. EVERY game is going to be a battle between and - which means you'll need to bring 2 different decks!
First of all, go here to pre-register. The event will be kicking off on Monday, January 3rd, 2022 to give you extra time to built both of the decks you'll need. And here is how the event will work:
(If you've played Decipher's Star Wars CCG, this will be familiar.)
1. Each player brings 2 decks: a deck and a deck.
2. In Round 1, players are paired randomly against each other. Player #1 will play and player #2 will play .
3. In Round 2, instead of randomly pairing players, the Highest Scoring player will play against the Highest Scoring player. #2 will play #2 , etc, all the way down.
4, Repeat step 2 for round 3, and repeat step 4 for round 4.
5. Unlike in a normal tournament, players might end up playing each other twice - but only in the opposite deck configuration. So, for example, if Steve plays against Charlie's deck in round 1, they could only play again if Steve was and Charlie was .
Other than that, this will be a normal online tournament. Pairings will go up each Monday, you'll have a week to arrange your game and play, etc. It's going to be a lot of fun!
Additional deck construction rules:
1. Your deck must contain ONLY cards. No cards. no dual affiliation cards, no treaties. You're restricted to Federation ONLY.
2. Your deck must contain ONLY cards. No cards, no dual affiliation cards, no treaties. You're restricted to Klingon ONLY.
3. Each deck must contain at least one of the following: Office of the President, The Great Hall, and/or Camp Khitomer.
4. At least 50% of the personnel and ships in your deck must be . More is okay, but not less.
One last thing: there is a question on if this event should be rated and count for achievements, or not. It's a bit non-standard, so I'm leaning towards having it be an unrated, maximum fun event. Especially since there is no way to attach two decks to the event, so even if it did qualify for achievements, it would only be for one of your decks. But I want to know what you think, especially if it will affect your participation. Sound off - rated, or unrated?
What do you say? Are you in? Join this wild ride and fight for honor, peace, or chaos!