For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

• 113 posts

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Armus wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:13 pm
Spock with a Goatee wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:51 am Thanks, Brian! Super fun and thematic game! In spite of not earning any points, I definitely re-learned how <EXCISED> works.
Armus wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:34 am Sykes FW Steven R 100-0

Don't let the score board fool you, he definitely made me earn that one!

Thanks for the game, Steve! It was great catching up with you, and good luck on your upcoming adventure - it sounds super exciting! :cheersL:
MOD EDIT (nobthehobbit, 2022-01-10): Don't spoil your opponent's deck, please!
Um... what? Steve was spoiling his own deck, not mine!

Geez... :roll:
As has happened before, that was not at all clear from the post. I would much rather veer on the safe side in these matters.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Folks, for a number of personal reasons, I'm no longer in a position to continue running this event. I don't want to get into it, but a few things have happened today that have left me rattled and not in the correct headspace to be the TD. I'm gutted, but I have good news: Jon Carter (pfti) has agreed to continue and complete the running of this event. You will be in good hands with him.

I wish you all the best of luck. I hope to see you again soon for a future event.

-crp

By Spock with a Goatee (Stephen R Sanders)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
nobthehobbit wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:24 pm
Armus wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:13 pm
Spock with a Goatee wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:51 am Thanks, Brian! Super fun and thematic game! In spite of not earning any points, I definitely re-learned how <EXCISED> works.

MOD EDIT (nobthehobbit, 2022-01-10): Don't spoil your opponent's deck, please!
Um... what? Steve was spoiling his own deck, not mine!

Geez... :roll:
As has happened before, that was not at all clear from the post. I would much rather veer on the safe side in these matters.
Sorry about that! I meant to just make a light hearted comment about my own deck and the learning experience of coming back to the game. Will be more careful in the future.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
So my opponent has dropped from the tournament putting us at odd number again. If Charlie wants back in I'm happy to play a game against him as my opponent but if not, I may just drop to keep things even. Sucks, after putting hours in to build two decks. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:05 pm So my opponent has dropped from the tournament putting us at odd number again. If Charlie wants back in I'm happy to play a game against him as my opponent but if not, I may just drop to keep things even. Sucks, after putting hours in to build two decks. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
If HsuDoNihm and Ensign Q have both dropped, then you should be able to re-pair against Seppel and not break anything.

That will keep us at 10 and keep the sides balanced as well.

And yes I know you played Seppel in round 1, but in this format you can play people twice as long as the same decks don't match up.

@pfti this is your gig, so feel free to tell me to shut up, but this strikes me as a case of a ready-made solution.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
FYI, I was scheduled to play MVB @The Ninja Scot last night for our round 2 game but the Lackey server was down. It's apparently been down for a couple days now. We may need a universal extension if it continues to be down, and with my weekend schedule I *know* I'm going to need an extension on my round 2 game regardless.

Thanks! :cheersL:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
pfti wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:36 pm Works for me! Kev, if you and Sepply dont mind switching then go for it!
You guys are missing the post above where Charlie also dropped. Seppel was repaired with maggie.

So unless charlie jumps back we are not even, we have an odd number. Not that it seems to matter with lackey down, etc.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:49 pm
pfti wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:36 pm Works for me! Kev, if you and Sepply dont mind switching then go for it!
You guys are missing the post above where Charlie also dropped. Seppel was repaired with maggie.

So unless charlie jumps back we are not even, we have an odd number. Not that it seems to matter with lackey down, etc.
@MidnightLich you gonna un-drop to keep the numbers even?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Charlie, please rejoin! Or Jon. I feel partially bad that I have caused this mayhem indirectly. But as Bernie uses to say: "Enough is enough", so regarding the drop of youknowwho I feel not the slightest remorse.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Nothing is anyone's failt. People who dropped made their choices and that is fine. Parings will stay as is. We will see where we are on Monday and I will proceed as needed
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:55 am Hmmmm... Game with Maggie is scheduled today, too and LackeyServer still down. Is it possible to play a game via direct IP connection on Lackey? And if: How to do that?
https://lackeyccg.com/tutorialproxyserver.html
But I didn't get that to work yet.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]