For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Hey folks-

On the heels of Maggie's successful Fractured Time sealed event for Peldor Joi, I have the itch for more 2E sealed. And I deeply miss the excitement of getting my latest set of draft packs from Daniel in the middle of the night (which, of course, necessitates me getting up and doing my own drafting at 3 a.m. :wink: .)

Would anyone care to join me in another ID Draft throw down? Who would be interested in a gig starting in, say, 2 weeks? Nothing high-level or super official, just a friendly local draft event online. Anyone? Anyone? :shifty:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Assuming Steve is in (currently not pre-reg'd) we have enough for sanctioning so I will get going on pack generation once we nail down HQ's. What does everyone want to try this time around? My preference is for 2-range HQ's so we are not all fighting over personnel that report to the 1-range HQ(s) but other than that do not have any strong feelings one way or another. I love the mix and match vibe of ID Draft. :cheersL:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Contender
2E  National Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
LORE wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:13 pm Assuming Steve is in (currently not pre-reg'd) we have enough for sanctioning so I will get going on pack generation once we nail down HQ's. What does everyone want to try this time around? My preference is for 2-range HQ's so we are not all fighting over personnel that report to the 1-range HQ(s) but other than that do not have any strong feelings one way or another. I love the mix and match vibe of ID Draft. :cheersL:
I've had Romulans the last 2 drafts, so anything else is good for me!
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Psionic Hobo wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:51 pm I've had Romulans the last 2 drafts, so anything else is good for me!
NOT Romulans is a valid vote. :wink:

I am thinking we do something weird vs. a standard set. Something like Bajoran, Dominion, Maquis, and TNG. Or DS9-E, Cardassian, Ferengi, and Klingon. I dunno what I / we will ultimately settle on, but let's try to go for some unusual HQ combos (perhaps taking inspiration from the Uneasy Alliance achievements?)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I'm up for anything. I like the idea of going for the Strange Bedfellows achievements, since those would be doable in draft (need each HQ and 7 of each HQ's personnel). How about [Dom] [DS9-E] [Kli] [Maq] ? Selfishly, those are the HQs I don't have Strange Bedfellows achievements for, that also don't include a 1-span HQ.

Note: both the ES9 and Earth icons appear as the Earth icon, so I am voting ES9 here.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
jadziadax8 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:30 am I'm up for anything. I like the idea of going for the Strange Bedfellows achievements, since those would be doable in draft (need each HQ and 7 of each HQ's personnel). How about [Dom] [DS9-E] [Kli] [Maq] ? Selfishly, those are the HQs I don't have Strange Bedfellows achievements for, that also don't include a 1-span HQ.

Note: both the ES9 and Earth icons appear as the Earth icon, so I am voting ES9 here.
I am cool with these. Any objections?

For reference, the combos Mags alludes to are a pairing of Maq & Dom or ES9 & Kling. Or, you could be like me and go totally nuts and go Maq & Kling or some other strange pairing. :shifty:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Armus wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:27 pm Oh shit now you got me thinking about jumping in... :shifty:
You just gotta remember the draw deck minimum is 35 cards. I happened to do ES9 / Kling a few ID Draft's ago and didn't get the achievement cuz my deck was just 30 cards. :x

EDIT: I should also add that if we draw 6 players, we can do two separate pods. Sticking with the theme, a second pod could have Bajoran, Romulan, Cardassian and someone else so you could earn either a Strange Bedfellows or Uneasy Alliance achievement if you paired Baj with either of those factions.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LORE wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:34 pm
Armus wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:27 pm Oh shit now you got me thinking about jumping in... :shifty:
You just gotta remember the draw deck minimum is 35 cards. I happened to do ES9 / Kling a few ID Draft's ago and didn't get the achievement cuz my deck was just 30 cards. :x

EDIT: I should also add that if we draw 6 players, we can do two separate pods. Sticking with the theme, a second pod could have Bajoran, Romulan, Cardassian and someone else so you could earn either a Strange Bedfellows or Uneasy Alliance achievement if you paired Baj with either of those factions.
Yeah that's a fair point. IIRC you need 20+ dilemmas as well, and I don't know what the likelihood of that is, especially with dilemmas being high draft pick card types.

But the bigger factor that'll likely keep me out of this one is I'm currently playing in the 1e Star Wars tournament and I've already committed to playing in Maggie's SSTTR release event next month.

However I have no immediate plans after that, so if there's another one of these down the line I may be game... :cheersL:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:44 pm I've already committed to playing in Maggie's SSTTR release event next month.
I don't have this in the system yet, and given how...um...fractious things have been with the participants in the unrated event this month, I'm uncertain that I want to run an online 1E event at this time.

So sign up for the IDIC Draft. I'm down for something more mellow.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:17 pm
Armus wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:44 pm I've already committed to playing in Maggie's SSTTR release event next month.
I don't have this in the system yet, and given how...um...fractious things have been with the participants in the unrated event this month, I'm uncertain that I want to run an online 1E event at this time.

So sign up for the IDIC Draft. I'm down for something more mellow.
Ok, I was planning on doing a SSTTR release event while the achievement was still active. If you don't want to run one, I'm happy to run it myself.

Let me know which way you want to go with it so I know whether or not I need to put the event in the system.

Thanks! :cheersL:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Seeing no objections, Pod A for this ID Draft will have the following HQ's: [Dom] [DS9-E] [Kli] & [Maq]. I will likely get a head start on the mission packs and will once again have The Asian Sensation randomly assign the packs to our participants. I am assuming we will have 4 players, but more are always welcome. :cheersL:
German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]