Rating: In which case would you partipate?

only if it is rated
25%
only if it is unrated
8%
does't matter
67%

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hi,
I plan on hosting an online tourney in the format of good old German RAC - Random Affiliation Constructed. I, Godemperor Seppel will assign you by randomness co-controlled by a not participating trek-player an affiliation which you have to build your deck around.

My current ideas:

-OTF

- unrated

-weekly rounds, starting April 25th

- you may ONLY include personnel, ships and facilities of the affiliation you got but 4 other affiliated cards

- the assignment of affiliations will be AT LEAST 2 weeks prior to the event

- 3-4 participants: Klg, Fed, NonA, Rom, 5-8: adding accordingly by randomness Borg, Ferengi, Cardassian, Bajoran, more than 8: Starfleet, Vulcan

- I will try to assign a second TD since I haven't hosted in years

Advantages of this format:
It challenges your deck-building skills, can you come up with something for an affiliation you have probably never played or played against, you do not have to fear rating-issues, you face a different affiliation each round.

Please express your general interest in this and any changes or additions you might add to the regulations I came up with.
Last edited by Caretaker's Guest on Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
If it's OTF why would it be unrated?

I don't think affiliation limitation is enough of a restriction to send it unrated, especially if we're running the "normal" affiliations, all of which have some ability to be tier one.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks for your input! The rating-question is, of course, a polarizing one. I will add a poll.
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Great idea, my thoughts:

-OTF

:thumbsup:

- unrated

Don't see this as a necessary rule for this tournament.

-weekly rounds, starting April 25th

- you may ONLY include personnel, ships and facilities of the affiliation you got but 4 other affiliated cards

What about dual affiliation cards?
This 4 other affiliated cards rule seem a little bit strange to me. I would either go with ALL affiliated cards must be your affiliation (like in the current running Release event) OR at least 75% of all your affiliated cards have to be that affiliation...

- the assignment of affiliations will be AT LEAST 2 weeks prior to the event

- 3-4 participants: Klg, Fed, NonA, Rom, 5-8: adding accordingly by randomness Borg, Ferengi, Cardassian, Bajoran, more than 8: Starfleet, Vulcan

I would inlude ALL Affiliations from the very beginning to the pool. I'd give each participant one Affiliation he may exclude from the selection.

As I see from your affiliation selection, you don't want to see any non-Alpha affiliations there. To be sure of that you should add, that only Alpha Missions may be seeded.

- I will try to assign a second TD since I haven't hosted in years

:shifty:
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I can help with TD duties if needed

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I can help with TD duties if needed
That is nice, but I would prefer you as a participant if your time permits it.

I will try to bribe Steve for 2nd TD. Curry & Curry Berlin-Wedding, nahe meiner Heimat, claims to have the hottest sauce for Currywurst in whole Germany. I would send him a sample of the hottest sauce of Germany :) .
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I can backup TD and participate. But I have no problem with Steve or anyone else

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

Anyone can do this in 2e? that would be nice. I remember those tourneys back in the day, they ensure diversity... loved it.
:cheersR:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Anyone can do this in 2e?
I am offering you a bribe :) : Join this in 1E and I will host a similar event in 2E in June.

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
This does sound interesting. Any era restrictions (IE: Fed can be [CF] or [1E-TNG] or [1E-DS9] or [1E-DQ] or a mix of multiple)?

-James M

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hi, thanks for all input! I will redact my suggestions in the next days and hope for more feedback afterwards.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Short answer To James: It will be only affiliation based. So you may choose any faction you like. But I am likely to turn this into an all-Alpha-Quadrant event as Julius suggested and ban any non-Alpha-missions. I also like the suggestion of having players to name one affiliation they do NOT want to play and include that wish in the lottery. One thing is for sure: There won't be any Hirogen or Kazon or Vidiians. Unless you include them due to the 4 card-limit in case of things like e.g. Scout Encounter.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
1E American National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
I'll play as long as I'm not playing Borg.

Michael

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
The new suggestions will include the possibility of naming one affiliation you do not want to play.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Harry Potter Sorting Hat Voice wrote: Not Slytherin Ferengi... Not Slytherin Ferengi...
German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]