For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I haven't run a limited event in awhile. Let's do 2E since there a couple of 1E events on the schedule already.

This event starts 4/26 and is called Beginner Deck Sealed. Each registered player will receive one of Lucas Thompson's ten Beginner Decks. Each deck can only be selected once, so when you register, please send me a PM putting these decks in order of preference. Players will get priority based on tournament ranking from lowest to highest (with new, unranked players, if any, getting first choice).

In addition to the chosen deck, you will also receive from a card pool of all sets:

* 4 additional random missions technically playable by your chosen affiliation or faction
* 27 random draw deck cards playable by your chosen affiliation or faction. at least 18 are guaranteed personnel. at least 9 are guaranteed "aligned" personnel. (Borg and Dominion will have all "aligned" personnel obviously.)
* 18 random dilemmas

In case you aren't looking at the article, here are the available deck choices:
The Original Series
The Next Generation
Deep Space Nine
Enterprise
Borg
Klingon
Dominion
Cardassian
Maquis
Voyager

If you're interested, please register and PM your choices by 4/19; I will send cardpools on or around that date. If you register after this date, you can still play but will lose priority; remaining decks will be first come first serve.
Last edited by OKCoyote on Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
This sounds like a lot of fun!

Unfortunately I'm already committed to Seppel's 1e random affiliation tournament kicking off at the same time, otherwise I'd totally be in.

Any chance you want to push this back a month? Or, if it's a success, running another one later in the year?
 -  
Armus wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:49 am This sounds like a lot of fun!

Unfortunately I'm already committed to Seppel's 1e random affiliation tournament kicking off at the same time, otherwise I'd totally be in.

Any chance you want to push this back a month? Or, if it's a success, running another one later in the year?
I'm always open to running events again if they seem popular enough.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
OKCoyote wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:48 pm

Ok, well, please don't take my non-participation in this particular event as a lack of interest in the format in general... it's putely scheduling at this point.

If you run one down the road, I'd definitely be interested.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I registered, I’m assuming w the supplemental cards decks won’t be restricted to the 35/30 card limits?
 -  
abargar7510 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:06 pm I registered, I’m assuming w the supplemental cards decks won’t be restricted to the 35/30 card limits?
Nope, Standard deck building minimums apply but no maximums (except for missions of course).
 -  
Armus wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:53 pm
OKCoyote wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:48 pm

Ok, well, please don't take my non-participation in this particular event as a lack of interest in the format in general... it's putely scheduling at this point.

If you run one down the road, I'd definitely be interested.
No worries man - I know there's a similar 1E event on the schedule already, but I'm a 'strike while the iron is hot' kind of TD. Right now I'm in the mood to run an event, so I set it up. Next month, I might not be.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
OKCoyote wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:14 pm
abargar7510 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:06 pm I registered, I’m assuming w the supplemental cards decks won’t be restricted to the 35/30 card limits?
Nope, Standard deck building minimums apply but no maximums (except for missions of course).
Thanks!
 -  
Some notes and clarifications on the cardpool as I've just finished putting it together - i.e., the "technical stuff."

The dilemma cardpool includes every dilemma in the game. Most of the beginner deck dilemma piles are identical or very close, so there will be a wide variance here.

Missions will (mostly) be attemptable by the chosen affiliation and in their home quadrant. (example: TNG will have Alpha Quadrant missions attemptable by Federation) DS9 is the exception; it will include both Federation and Bajoran missions and include both Alpha and Gamma Quadrants due to its range reduction.

The 27 draw deck cards will be split into 3 nine-card boosters:
The first booster will be all personnel that match affiliation or faction.
The second booster will be all personnel but will include non-aligned personnel (except Borg and Dominion).
The third booster will include personnel but also ships, equipment, events, and interrupts.
Ships could match affiliation or be non-aligned.
I have a generic cardpool for equipment, events, and interrupts that I'm using for all decks, which will exclude battle cards and also exclude any cards that require a specific affiliation or anything not likely to be found in most affiliations (such as specific keywords). This would have taken me way too long to sort out, plus the beginner decks already have decent affiliation flavor in the included events and interrupts.

And finally...
I'm willing to play if needed to make it even, but if that happens I'll get last choice of decks. I also can't promise to make all my matches :-)
 -  
Bumping this as a reminder! I'll be handing out cardpools on April 19th, so if you're still considering playing, register before that date for your best chance at the deck you want! (And if you have registered, but haven't sent me your affiliation preferences yet, that's your deadline!)
 -  
We are up to eight! I've increased the event to four rounds.

I have cardpools for all 10 affiliations prepped and ready. Still a couple of days before they get sent out.
 -  
I will be sending out cardpools in the next few minutes. (Apologies to those of you who did not get your first choice.)

You've got another week to build your final deck. If you want to jump in and have not registered yet, there's still time - and still two cardpools available to be picked.
 -  
Hope your deck building has gone well. Let's get started with round one!

ROUND ONE PAIRINGS
Giorgio Velasco (kaiten619) vs. Christopher Jansa (Psionic Hobo)
Daniel Giddings (Danny) vs. Julius Melhardt (Clerasil ToB)
D'ell vs. Adam Bargar (abargar7510)
Benjamin Liebich (monty42) vs. Maggie Geppert (jadziadax8)

This event will be four rounds. Time limit is 75 minutes. Round one results are due Tuesday, May 3rd. Good luck!
German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]