For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Psionic Hobo wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:01 pm Yep, these decks are uneven....gah
In related news I won 100-5

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Psionic Hobo wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:19 pm
abargar7510 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:19 pm
Psionic Hobo wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:01 pm Yep, these decks are uneven....gah
Figured you deserved the honour or reporting your victory. Good chat after :cheersL:
Indeed! Two brains are better than one! :cheersL:
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I'm sorry to hear some of you are experiencing balancing issues with the format. As some of you know, I tend to make up homebrew limited formats, some of which can be pretty experimental. Not all of them work as well as expected. Thanks for sticking it out though.

We're too far in to make changes at this point, but if you have any specific issues, feel free to let me know via PM and I'll keep in mind in case I ever try something like this again.

I'll have new pairings up shortly.
 -  
ROUND THREE PAIRINGS

Julius Melhardt vs. Adam Bargar
Daniel Giddings vs. Benjamin Liebich
Christopher Jansa vs. D'ell
Maggie Geppert vs. Giorgio Velasco

As the last round finished early, there is extra time available. Results due Tuesday, May 17th. Good luck!
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
abargar7510 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:23 pm
Psionic Hobo wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:19 pm
abargar7510 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:19 pm

Figured you deserved the honour or reporting your victory. Good chat after :cheersL:
Indeed! Two brains are better than one! :cheersL:
I'm very interested in getting feedback on the balance of the decks too, I'm happy to make some changes. I've played scads and scads of games with them and they have (in my experience) been roughly balanced, but I've also experienced a lot of variance based on play-styles.

For instance, the TOS deck is very good when played as a pedal-to-the-metal speed deck where you don't activate any abilities, but when you try to milk a ton of value out of those abilities the deck slows down too much and you lose to the weenie hate in the piles. I don't set it up for demos at PAX anymore because the type of gamer I meet there tends to want to play it like a control deck and then I just can't hit the breaks enough to give them a chance at winning.

Likewise, the Borg deck is great at demonstrating interactive strategies to newbies, and I can win with it, but it would be an uphill slog in a tournament like this one. Not only is it a little more polarized in its match-ups (decent against tankier decks like SF and Dominion, but usually has trouble against speedier decks like Klingons and TOS), but it's also far less likely to get something useable in a random set of Borg cards.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
OKCoyote wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:25 pm ROUND THREE PAIRINGS

As the last round finished early, there is extra time available. Results due Tuesday, May 17th. Good luck!
Just to confirm, we *may* make changes to our deck lists in between rounds, correct?

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
abargar7510 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:16 amJust to confirm, we *may* make changes to our deck lists in between rounds, correct?

According to this post from the TD we can.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:19 am
abargar7510 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:16 amJust to confirm, we *may* make changes to our deck lists in between rounds, correct?

According to this post from the TD we can.
:thumbsup:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
edgeofhearing wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:08 am For instance, the TOS deck is very good when played as a pedal-to-the-metal speed deck where you don't activate any abilities, but when you try to milk a ton of value out of those abilities the deck slows down too much and you lose to the weenie hate in the piles.
Yeah, this has been my experience the last two rounds. Good to know I need to change strategy.
 -  
abargar7510 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:16 am
OKCoyote wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 11:25 pm ROUND THREE PAIRINGS

Just to confirm, we *may* make changes to our deck lists in between rounds, correct?
Yes, as long as you're still only using the cards in your cardpool.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation