For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Who wants to play a release event for Paradise Lost? I usually do it the Monday after a set becomes legal, which would start it Monday, September 5th.

However, that will mean that any bans or rules changes will affect the tournament. Would you all be OK starting the 5th, or should I do it the 12th?

Also, can anyone think of possible cards that might make an NPE in this scenario?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:30 pm Who wants to play a release event for Paradise Lost? I usually do it the Monday after a set becomes legal, which would start it Monday, September 5th.

However, that will mean that any bans or rules changes will affect the tournament. Would you all be OK starting the 5th, or should I do it the 12th?

Also, can anyone think of possible cards that might make an NPE in this scenario?
I'm already playing in the online Regional/ Worlds Warm-up... any chance we can punt this thing to Mid-October when we're past Worlds but the release achievement is still good?

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:35 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:30 pm Who wants to play a release event for Paradise Lost? I usually do it the Monday after a set becomes legal, which would start it Monday, September 5th.

I'm already playing in the online Regional/ Worlds Warm-up... any chance we can punt this thing to Mid-October when we're past Worlds but the release achievement is still good?
I am also concerned about overlap with online regionals since I am playing 1e and 2e now, so I'd prefer to push this back.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I am down for one after World's.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KazonPADD wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:42 am Have it start straight after Worlds, so 10th Oct.
Disagree.
Give us a week to decompress FFS. :?

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:30 pm
KazonPADD wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:42 am Have it start straight after Worlds, so 10th Oct.
Disagree.
Give us a week to decompress FFS. :?
Well I am am hoping @KazonPADD means shortly thereafter the 10th as opposed to the literal definition of straight after. In fairness since I don't think he is making the trek to Worlds, maybe he does mean the 10th?
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
I just think that given the long lead time to prepare, there’s less need to delay. But if others prefer to delay, that’s fine by me.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KazonPADD wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:11 pm I just think that given the long lead time to prepare, there’s less need to delay. But if others prefer to delay, that’s fine by me.
That "Long Lead Time to prepare" is going to Worlds decks.

I'll be lucky to throw anything together for this gig with a week's notice, let alone coming right off of Worlds.

While college me would probably have no issue throwing a release deck together right after Worlds with no turnaround time, college me was a fucking animal.

42 year old me isn't that good. There's only so much nerd bandwidth up in my brain these days, unfortunately.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Tournament is now in the system for an October 10th start date. It’s also eligible for the Chair’s Challenge.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
In!

Does that start date get us the Worlds Weekend double dip on entries?

If not, any chance we can move it back to the 9th? :wink:

(I'm playing either way, but 2 entries into the drawing would be better than one!)

:cheersL:

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Done.

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]

Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]