For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
We're less than 24 hours from kickoff and we're up to 17 players pre-registered! That's AWESOME!!

As promised, I'll be dipping into my stack o' stuff and will be sending out some random prizes as a thank you for everyone's engagement!

...But 17 is an ugly number. 18 is better. 20 is even better than that! I know there's a few folks still out there who can get in on this thing. Let's kick this new year off right!!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ok, enough hype. It's go time!

We ended up with a Full SIXTEEN players!! That's AWESOME!

As promised, random bonus prizes will be sent out to selected winners at the end of the event. To be eligible, you must play in all four rounds!

Without further ado, here are your Round 1 Pairings:

Joseph Wisniewski (@geraldkw) vs. Brad W (@viper2525)
Matthew Zinno (@commdecker) vs. Stephen R. Sanders (@Spock with a Goatee)
Manuel Rupprecht (@Gul Dakar) vs. Niall Matthew (@sexecutioner)
Stefan Slaby (@Winner of Borg) vs. Franklin Kenter (@FranklinKenter)
Matthew McCalpin (@Professor Scott) vs. Matthew P (@flyinhawaiian)
Dan Hamman (@SirDan) vs. Michael Van Breemen (@The Ninja Scot)
Austin Chandler (@DarkSabre) Brian Sykes (@Armus) vs. Maggie Geppert (@jadziadax8)
Thomas V (@Exon) vs. lotjx2 (@lotjx2)

With 16 there will be 4 rounds. Please try to have your first round game done by Sunday night, January 15th. If everyone finishes early, I'll start the next round early.

One more time, I just want to say a big THANK YOU to EVERYBODY who signed up and showed up to play in this event. 16 is a GREAT start to the New Year and the New Tournament series, and I'm super excited to see what sorts of crazy decks y'all can come up with for this format!

Good luck to everyone in the first round, and most importantly, have fun!! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:33 am, edited 7 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Unfortunately, Austin had to drop so I jumped off the bench and played Maggie.

I managed the Full Win, 100-0, though that score does no justice to how close this game really was.

One thing this game was though, was a ton of fun! All sorts of shenanigans were afoot!

Thanks for the game, Maggie. Good luck the rest of the way!! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Looks like we're still waiting on 2 results.

If we weren't already at the max for a 4 round event I might go ahead and make Round 2 pairings based on what's already in, but with 16 I can't risk the RNG "missing" on a pending result as that would potentially cause a situation where we'd have 2 undefeated players that haven't played each other at the end of 4 rounds.

So I'm going to hold off as long as I can, but I have to ask: @geraldkw @viper2525 @sexecutioner @Gul Dakar ... where we at? Have you guys had a chance to get your games scheduled yet? Would a 24 hour extension help you get it done?
Armus wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:12 pm Looks like we're still waiting on 2 results.

If we weren't already at the max for a 4 round event I might go ahead and make Round 2 pairings based on what's already in, but with 16 I can't risk the RNG "missing" on a pending result as that would potentially cause a situation where we'd have 2 undefeated players that haven't played each other at the end of 4 rounds.

So I'm going to hold off as long as I can, but I have to ask: @geraldkw @viper2525 @sexecutioner @Gul Dakar ... where we at? Have you guys had a chance to get your games scheduled yet? Would a 24 hour extension help you get it done?
Viper2525 won a MW 23-0. Thanks for the game and welcome back @Viper2525

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]