For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
monty42 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:07 pm Just out of curiosity, is anybody not playing [Rom] in this shitshow?
Can confirm at least 2 non- [Rom] players in this gig.

Better question: is ANYONE making the obvious move and playing Klingon Riker? Or have we all collectively forgotten just how dominant that deck was in 2004?

Can confirm at least 5 non-Klingon Riker decks in this gig so far, which is extra funny since I set the over/under for Klingon Riker decks in this event at 4.5 when I was texting with @jadziadax8 a few weeks ago. Good thing nobody took me up on that line! :P

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:03 pm Better question: Is anybody playing anything interactive at all?
I’m trying to. But yeah I think maybe using HoF card pool should be considered next time for this event to help with that.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
monty42 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:03 pm Better question: Is anybody playing anything interactive at all?
I was going to play Infiltration with a side of engagement.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Thanks for getting all your games in early, folks! I'll go ahead and pair the final round now.

Michael Van Breemen (@The Ninja Scot) vs. Brian Sykes (@Armus) FW 100-60
Stefan Slaby (@Winner of Borg) vs. Christopher Jansa (@Psionic Hobo) FW 100-0
Adam Bargar (@abargar7510) vs. Tjark Ott (@tjark) FW 100-60
Julius Melhardt (@Clerasil ToB) vs. Brad W (@Viper2525)

I would love to finalize the results of this event by next Monday, February 27th.
Last edited by jadziadax8 on Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Good game, Sir! :cheersL:

Got lucky with the coin toss, but I'll take it!

This was a really fun event. Big props to @tjark , @Psionic Hobo , and of course, @The Ninja Scot for 3 really fun games!

And thanks to @jadziadax8 for running this gig. I missed the 2004 RTFP event when I ran the series in 2020 so I appreciate the opportunity to dive back in this pool of nostalgia.

Now that I've won with my Classic Romulan Tillman deck, I'm announcing its formal retirement. It had a hell of a career back in the day, and it's been fun to pull out for these Throwback tournaments, but unlike Tom Brady, this deck is riding off into the sunset as a champion.

Besides, if we do more of these things, I have some other classic decks that I'd love to dust off. Or maybe try something "new" ... like Klingon Riker! :shifty:
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Armus wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:38 amBesides, if we do more of these things, I have some other classic decks that I'd love to dust off. Or maybe try something "new" ... like Klingon Riker! :shifty:
When I read the description of this gig and Maggie's stipulations, I immediately wondered how many participants would just run Riker / Sword with Relentless, as the Render Assistance's could fuel it. Hell, that's what I would have played.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
monty42 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:07 pm Just out of curiosity, is anybody not playing [Rom] in this shitshow?
Can Confirm:

Sykes - [Rom]
MVB - [Kli]
Jansa - [Car]
Tjark - [Rom]
Bargar - [TN]
Slaby - [Kli]
Julius - [Rom]

Can't Confirm, but I've heard rumors...
Brad - [Maq] (!)
Last edited by Armus on Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
LORE wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:29 pm
Armus wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:38 amBesides, if we do more of these things, I have some other classic decks that I'd love to dust off. Or maybe try something "new" ... like Klingon Riker! :shifty:
When I read the description of this gig and Maggie's stipulations, I immediately wondered how many participants would just run Riker / Sword with Relentless, as the Render Assistance's could fuel it. Hell, that's what I would have played.
I didn't want to make the deck bigger.

Michael

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]