For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Hey folks-

The bleak mid-winter in Minnesota has me itching for more 2E sealed events. And I deeply miss the excitement of getting my latest set of draft packs from Daniel in the middle of the night (which, of course, necessitates me getting up and doing my own drafting at 3 a.m. :wink: .)

Would anyone care to join me in an ID Draft throw down? Who would be interested in a gig starting in, say, 10 days? Nothing high-level or super official, just a friendly local draft event online. Anyone? Anyone? :shifty:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I’m in
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
I see a handful of folks interested, but just 2 others are pre-registered. Steve and Adam, are you in?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:12 pm I see a handful of folks interested, but just 2 others are pre-registered. Steve and Adam, are you in?
Sorry, didn't know it was up. Registered!

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
In. Is this limited to 6 players?

By Boratus (Steve Nelson)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
abargar7510 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:44 pm
LORE wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:12 pm I see a handful of folks interested, but just 2 others are pre-registered. Steve and Adam, are you in?
Sorry, didn't know it was up. Registered!
Didn't know either. I am now registered
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
We are up to 6 players which means 2 draft pods! In the interest of embracing Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations, I have decided to make this event another Choose Your Own Adventure (tm) ID Draft. What's that you ask? Well, after perusing all of the HQ combinations the various online T.D.'s have used over the past few years, I believe I have come up with two sets that have never before been combined! Without further ado, I give you the Sapphire Pod and the Peridot Pod:

Sapphire Pod:
[Fer] , [TNG] , [Baj] , [Dom] - (as far as I can tell, Ferengi & Dominion have never been in a pod together)

Peridot Pod:
[DS9-E] , [Kli] , [Car] , [Rom]
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Professor Scott wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:24 pm In. Is this limited to 6 players?
Nope! With the virtual pack creator, i can make as many as we need. It is just a little more work for me but that is ok. I try to keep it to 3 players / pod where possible, and no more than 4 / pod if it can be avoided. So, if we get to 9 players, I will come up with some other HQ combination for a 3rd option.

On a related note, if folks have a pod preference, I can try to take that into consideration when dolling out the assignments. Just let me know! :cheersL:

EDIT: If the majority of us are interested in one pod vs. the other, we can also certainly just all draft from the same set of HQ's (albeit still as separate pods / with different packs.)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
I know we can pick our HQ after drafting, but are we limited to 1 HQ? The ID rules indicate you could play a second and report cards to the other HQ, but at 1 extra counter if the card doesn't play at that HQ.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Professor Scott wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:37 am I know we can pick our HQ after drafting, but are we limited to 1 HQ? The ID rules indicate you could play a second and report cards to the other HQ, but at 1 extra counter if the card doesn't play at that HQ.
Nope, you are not limited to just 1 HQ - in fact, you will typically end up running 2 HQ's when you are done drafting and could even theoretically run 3 of the 4 in from your pod (along with a 35 point space and 35 point planet.) The +1 mercenary rule is largely there to let folks hypothetically use everyone they end up drafting.

As an example (and this actually happened in a past draft), say I am in Pod #2 playing Feds and Romulans but really need Jural to help me solve Collect Sample. I can still use him even though I did not seed Cardassia, he just effectively costs me 2 counters instead of his printed 1 cost. Make sense?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
LORE wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:50 am
Professor Scott wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:37 am I know we can pick our HQ after drafting, but are we limited to 1 HQ? The ID rules indicate you could play a second and report cards to the other HQ, but at 1 extra counter if the card doesn't play at that HQ.
Nope, you are not limited to just 1 HQ - in fact, you will typically end up running 2 HQ's when you are done drafting and could even theoretically run 3 of the 4 in from your pod (along with a 35 point space and 35 point planet.) The +1 mercenary rule is largely there to let folks hypothetically use everyone they end up drafting.

As an example (and this actually happened in a past draft), say I am in Pod #2 playing Feds and Romulans but really need Jural to help me solve Collect Sample. I can still use him even though I did not seed Cardassia, he just effectively costs me 2 counters instead of his printed 1 cost. Make sense?
Hmm, I thought the +1 only allowed you to report to the other HQ. In other words, if I have Fed and Rom HQs, and I want to play a Fed at Fed, it's normal cost, but to play same Fed at Rom HQ it's 1 extra cost since he can play at Fed, but I chose to play it at Rom HQ.

In the case of Jural, to play at either Fed or Romulan he costs 1 extra per HQ in play that he does not match? If I only play Fed HQ, could I still play Jural and he would be at +1 then since there is only 1 HQ?
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Professor Scott wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:27 pm Hmm, I thought the +1 only allowed you to report to the other HQ. In other words, if I have Fed and Rom HQs, and I want to play a Fed at Fed, it's normal cost, but to play same Fed at Rom HQ it's 1 extra cost since he can play at Fed, but I chose to play it at Rom HQ.

In the case of Jural, to play at either Fed or Romulan he costs 1 extra per HQ in play that he does not match? If I only play Fed HQ, could I still play Jural and he would be at +1 then since there is only 1 HQ?
Scenario #1 is correct - it is just important to note that the +1 rule applies to all personnel in the card pool, regardless of their affiliation.

So, if you stock both the Fed and Rom HQ's and play a ship to the Fed HQ but need a [Cmd] to fly it and the only one you have in your hand is Jorvas, they can report to the Fed HQ at +1 cost. But in the same circumstance, you could also have a surprise Dukat, Liberator and Protector in hand and he would also only costs you +1. It is a unilateral +1 cost regardless of what HQ's you ultimately use.

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]