For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The Return to Talos IV (RTT4) series rolls on in March!

The second event of the 2023 RTT4 series, OTSD Open, kicks off on Friday, March 3rd.

Remember 1998? Want to remember 1998? Here's your chance!

You'll receive one OTSD: 4 packs of Premiere, 1 pack of AU, and 20 fixed OTSD cards. The first round will last 2 weeks to give everyone time to build their decks.

Original cards, original rules (at least as best as Lackey can provide), and NO BAN LIST!

Even with very little publicity so far, this event already has 12 players registered. That's AWESOME! Big thanks to everyone who's signed up!

But just like last time, I like turnout, and I'm not above resorting to bribery! If we can get up to 16 players, I'll send bonus prizes from my own stash to TWO random players who complete all of their rounds. If we can get 20 players, I'll send prizes to FOUR random players who complete all of their rounds!

So go get a friend or 3, jump in the pool, and raid my prize stash! Get yourself registered today! :cheersL:

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:51 pm
Professor Scott wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:50 pm The Event

FIFY
Calm down, bro! I made the last post right before I had to hop a plane!

Everyone's a critic... :lol:

Thread updated with "official" link to event.
Not a critic, just doing my part to solicit more players....muhahahahaha!!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
We're less than 48 hours from kickoff and we currently have 13 players registered. As such we'll be running 4 rounds for this event.

It's not too late to get in on this old school sealed deck action!

I'll start sending out card pools in the next day or two, but I'll wait until Friday to post pairings to give people a chance to get signed up.

Looking forward to getting this thing off the ground! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Update:

Due to a combination of crazy work schedule and crazy weather here this week, I'm behind on getting the card pools out and making round 1 pairings. I'm looking to remedy that in the next 24ish hours, but I appreciate everyone's patience. There's a decent cushion with 2 weeks for the first round, but I'll grant extensions if/ as needed.

Also if you want to jump in, shoot me a PM and I'll get you registered.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
We're catching back up here. Card pools have been created and distributed (Please let me know if you didn't get yours and/or need help getting it loaded in Lackey).

Without further ado, here are your Round 1 Pairings:

Austin Chandler (@DarkSabre) vs. Michael Van Breemen (@The Ninja Scot)
Niall Matthew (@sexecutioner) vs. Brad W (@Viper2525)
Jarrod Cafaro (@Takket) vs. Daniel Matteson (@OKCoyote) BYE
Joseph Wisniewski (@geraldkw) vs. Matthew McCalpin (@Professor Scott)
Julius Melhardt (@Clerasil ToB) vs. Paddy Tye (@KazonPADD)
rtiger32 (@rtiger32) vs. Jon Carter (@pfti)
Dan Hamman (@SirDan) vs. Thomas V (@Exon)

Since we have 14 (!) players for this event, we will run 4 rounds. If possible, please try to have your decks built and first games in by Sunday, March 19, 2023. If everyone finishes early I'll pair the next round early.

Good luck, everyone, and have fun! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:32 pm, edited 7 times in total.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i read up on all the open rules in the rulebook..... forgive this dumb question but we are allowed to have draw decks larger than 30 cards, correct? (I know that's not the best strategy, just want to make sure it is legal)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Takket wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:25 pm i read up on all the open rules in the rulebook..... forgive this dumb question but we are allowed to have draw decks larger than 30 cards, correct? (I know that's not the best strategy, just want to make sure it is legal)
Hmm might be worth you sharing said link to those rules so no one is surprised.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Professor Scott wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:23 pm
Takket wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:25 pm i read up on all the open rules in the rulebook..... forgive this dumb question but we are allowed to have draw decks larger than 30 cards, correct? (I know that's not the best strategy, just want to make sure it is legal)
Hmm might be worth you sharing said link to those rules so no one is surprised.
They don't have their own document per se but if you open the rule book and do a find for "open format" there are a bunch of side notes about how open is different.

100 points wins no matter what, no "Intermix ratio" rule
Two seed phases: doorway, then "everything else", seeded one by one.
You can seed as many copies of a dilemma as you want (probably don't matter in OTSD, but is possible)
Discard dilemmas go to discard pile, not out of play
Missions can be stolen
Nothing is banned except raise the stakes
Download as many people per turn as you can (no General Quarters rule). This is irrelevant in OTSD since Establish Relations is the only card that can download a person
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Takket wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:16 pm
Two seed phases: doorway, then "everything else", seeded one by one.
Sorry, but I'm quite sure that is not correct. You still have the Facility phase as a third one. So even if in the Dilemma phase both players pass and the rest of the possible seed cards are not seeded, you still can seed your Facilities in the next phase

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Clerasil ToB wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:36 pm
Takket wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:16 pm
Missions can be stolen
Only if you don't seed the Triple Treaty which overrides that rule :wink:
Shhhh!

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]