For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
doctorjoya wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:42 am I'll join. But I don't see a registration link.
You are now registered!

Expect pairings as soon as I get out of class (approximately 30-45 minutes).
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
doctorjoya wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:24 pm
Armus wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:14 pm Maggie has some good takes on dilemma piles. You gotta have an answer for 8 pointers in this era or you're gonna get murder-fied.

8 pointer?
Whisper in the Dark
Tsiolkovsky Infection

and to a lesser (7 pointer)

Formal Hearing

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:14 pm Maggie has some good takes on dilemma piles. You gotta have an answer for 8 pointers in this era or you're gonna get murder-fied.

8 pointer?
In this context,

Tsiolkovsky Infection and Whisper In the Dark, two very popular dilemmas from this era that can do a LOT of damage if you aren't prepared.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:27 pm

8 pointer?
In this context,

Tsiolkovsky Infection and Whisper In the Dark, two very popular dilemmas from this era that can do a LOT of damage if you aren't prepared.
Holy snap. How do you prepare for that?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
doctorjoya wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:30 pm

8 pointer?
In this context,

Holy snap. How do you prepare for that? (Other than not playing events)
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Welcome contestants to round 1 of the Waiting for Eddleman Return to Farpoint event. Here are your pairings, courtesy of the Random Integer Generator:

Maggie Geppert (@jadziadax8) vs. Chris Jansa (@Psionic Hobo) FW 100-0
Stefan Slaby (@Winner of Borg) vs. Michael Van Breemen (@The Ninja Scot) FW 100-35
Adam Bargar (@abargar7510) vs. Remo Supremo (@doctorjoya) MW 70-35

Please try to have your games in by Tuesday, April 11th. (I have preemptively granted Chris an extension, as he is currently on vacation, that lucky guy.)
Last edited by jadziadax8 on Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
doctorjoya wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:32 pm
Armus wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:27 pm In this context,

It doesn't matter if you play events, as the cost adjustment looks at opponent's events.

Bring Bio/Exo/Med and Honor/Officer/Transporters in multiple.

Or if that doesn't work with your skill matrix, bring Escape in multiple.

Also, you can make those cards tougher to play by bringing event destruction. Desperate Sacrifice can be a game winner when deployed correctly.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
doctorjoya wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:32 pm

In this context,

Oh no, they count the events in your opponent's core, as Necessary Evil was all about incentivizing the use of [Evt] s. The way you get around them is
a) packing lots of geo/physics/med/bio/exo in your deck, and
b) playing with Escape and Emergency Transport Unit.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Armus wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:36 pm Also, you can make those cards tougher to play by bringing event destruction. Desperate Sacrifice can be a game winner when deployed correctly.
Also this. I meant to mention event destruction, I promise. :shifty:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
edgeofhearing wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:27 pm The 2006 World Championship deck has eluded my archiving efforts (if anyone has any leads, please let me know!), but I have the deck that won Worlds 2005. That said, that deck has been nerfed to the ground (same with the deck that won day 1, a Vedek Assembly infinite counters deck).

Searching through my archived decklists, there's also the deck that Len won the 2005 Jersey PSR with - I believe a Hoskins brother played this one in a previous Return to Farpoint event. This deck hasn't been hit much with the nerf bat, and seems to even be pre-reflections due to a lack of Hard Times.
These are great to look at. Where else can I find decks from back then? Ninja, do you have any?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
doctorjoya wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:18 am
edgeofhearing wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:27 pm The 2006 World Championship deck has eluded my archiving efforts (if anyone has any leads, please let me know!), but I have the deck that won Worlds 2005. That said, that deck has been nerfed to the ground (same with the deck that won day 1, a Vedek Assembly infinite counters deck).

Searching through my archived decklists, there's also the deck that Len won the 2005 Jersey PSR with - I believe a Hoskins brother played this one in a previous Return to Farpoint event. This deck hasn't been hit much with the nerf bat, and seems to even be pre-reflections due to a lack of Hard Times.
These are great to look at. Where else can I find decks from back then? Ninja, do you have any?
2005 was PEAK Tillman for me.

This deck went 6-0 at the Ohio Territorial Open that year, which was no small feat given the caliber and depth of that field. It also rolled to a 5-3 finish at Worlds day 2 that year, getting me into the finals.

I've officially retired Tillman from my active playing arsenal after winning the 2004 RTFP event in February, but it's a viable deck type for these Throwback tournaments.

A word of caution: it's not the easiest deck to play, and unlike 18 years ago, you're a lot less likely to catch anyone by surprise with it, especially with the usual suspects that play online, but if you can get your arms around the different combos, it's a really FUN deck to pilot.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
doctorjoya wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:42 am What about Par Lenor/ROA 141? https://www.trekcc.org/2e/?cardID=1110

Was that decktype fleshed out yet?
It's playable, but without Quark's Advice and Call of the Nagus you have to keep the deck size down, something closer to the Beginner Deck size. Also, Ferengi without Rule of Acquisition #33 is kinda sad.
Question for noob

Is the question how to report a [MQ] personnel in[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]