For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
With the OTSD event heading into the last round, it's time to turn ahead to the April event!

This month we're back on the Constructed side of things (and the OTF side of things too) with a classic favorite: TNG Constructed!

As always, Lackey and an agreed-upon form of communication (Skype, Discord, etc.) are required to play.

The rules for this format are simple: any card in your deck with a property logo must have either the Star Trek: The Next Generation or Star Trek: Generations property logo. You can use any mission (and technically sites and time locations) without restriction.

We're currently scheduled for 3 rounds, but we'll add a 4th if we get more than 8 players, and we'll get a 5th if we get more than 16 players.

And as usual, the RTT4 Bonus offer is on the table. If we get 16 players registered and playing, I'll give a random prize card of some sort to two random people. And if we somehow get a late rush of interest and break 20? I'll double the number of random winners to four! That means a full 20% of players will get a free foil just for showing up and doing what they love: playing Trek!

Also, this is the first time this format has been played since The Ultimate User was banned and Nemesis came out, giving us a handful of Generations content to build new decks around or work into existing decks. What impact will any of those changes have on the TNG-only meta? I guess we're about to find out!

Don't miss out on the action and prizes that come with the Return to Talos IV Series here in 2023... get yourself registered today! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:34 pm Can we add cards from A Klingon Challenge like Charlie's last TNG only event?
That would've been a really good suggestion before the week of, but at this point I'm going to say no, as the parameters have been defined and players have been building their decks accordingly and I don't want to create confusion.

Also, with no TNG Borg (at least not in the traditional sense), the need for Experience BiJ is much less pronounced than it was previously.

All of that said, I'll be interested to see what people play and that tweak is definitely worth considering for future versions of this event.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
We ended up with 13 players, so if anyone wants to join in to even us out, let me know!

In the meantime, here are the round 1 pairings:

Richard Laurie (@StellarCartography) vs. Brad Snyder (@ORION)
Sebastian Kirstein (@Caretaker's Guest) BYE vs. Paddy Tye (@KazonPADD)
Thomas V (@Exon) vs. Matt Zinno (@commdecker)
Michael Van Breemen (@The Ninja Scot) vs. Joseph Wisniewski (@geraldkw)
Stefan Slaby (@Winner of Borg) vs. Maggie Geppert (@jadziadax8)
Matthew McCalpin (@Professor Scott) vs. Brian Sykes (@Armus)
Jarrod Cafaro (@Takket)vs. RTiger32 (@rtiger32)

Again, if anyone else would like to join, please PM me and as long as it's in the next week, you'll still be able to play in round 1.

Please try to have your games complete by NEXT Sunday (April 16, 2023). If we finish earlier than that I'll pair round 2 early.

Good luck, everyone, and have fun! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:58 am, edited 6 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Due to some extenuating circumstances I've switched one pairing. @Takket will receive the first round bye and I'll be playing @Professor Scott.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
ORION wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:01 am ORION 135-70 StellarCartography

(I needed a space solve)
So just so I'm clear... you had 135 points but no space mission solved... so is this a timed win? Am I reading that correctly?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
ORION wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:57 am No I did get a space mission. Sorry I see how that was confusing now. I was just explaining why I went over 100 but that was extraneous.
Ok so the official result is a full win for you 100-70 (the extra points don't matter for differential calculation)? Is that correct?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]