For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Happy 15th anniversary of The Continuing Committee! In the spirit of reflecting on the history of the CC and Second Edition, I have decided to run a Return to Farpoint series. This will be a set of online events moving us through the history of Second Edition.

For this Rainbow Sealed event, players will receive a random starter deck from Second Edition or Call to Arms, as well as one booster pack from each Decipher-era expansion. The Reinforcement Rule (personnel may report to HQs other than their own at cost +1) will be in effect for maximum playability of all personnel. However, the Information Drone is banned in this tournament.

Players will receive their pools on Monday, June 5th. The first round will be two weeks long to allow folks to build and play. (Unless everyone gets done early, in which case, we can start a new round early.) Each round after that will be one week. Players are allowed to modify their decks between rounds.

Players will play online using Lackey and an agreed-upon method of communication (Skype, Discord, etc.).

Also, I finally have a shot of the trio of cards that are the prizes for this event. There is still plenty of time to be able to qualify for all three of them! If you cannot manage to play in five events between now and the end of the year, this trio of cards will be available in other ways. They are meant to be a way to encourage online play in 2E.
Strategema Set.png
Strategema Set.png (673.36 KiB) Viewed 4196 times

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Do we have to ban Information Drone?

Or can we ghost errata it to "Interlink: Any skill from a non- [Bor] personnel you command but don't own present"?
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Armus wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:49 am Do we have to ban Information Drone?

Or can we ghost errata it to "Interlink: Any skill from a non- [Bor] personnel you command but don't own present"?
This is always how we play it in MN. Consider Info Drone a blank card, but let the Borg starter have him because they gotta have those mission skills. :twocents:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LORE wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:18 am

This is always how we play it in MN. Consider Info Drone a blank card, but let the Borg starter have him because they gotta have those mission skills. :twocents:
I'd prefer a blank over a ban, but if you manage to Assimilate a dude in sealed, you deserve to use Info Drones cheating IMO, because that's awesome.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Bump for this starting in less than a week! I'll work on packs over the next couple of days.
Armus wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:37 am
LORE wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:18 am

I'd prefer a blank over a ban, but if you manage to Assimilate a dude in sealed, you deserve to use Info Drones cheating IMO, because that's awesome.
I have been convinced! The Information Drone will receive an errata for the duration of this tournament.
Interlink: Any skill from a non-[Bor] personnel you command but do not own present. (While this personnel is attempting a mission, you may discard the top card of your deck to make each of your Borg gain a skill on your non-[Bor] personnel you command but do not own present until the end of that mission attempt.)
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Welcome to Round 1, everyone! Since we have 10 players, this event will last 4 rounds. I have sent pools (courtesy of the Random Integer Generator) to everyone by PM. Each pool should have 191 cards in it, so if something went wrong, please let me know and I can resend. Pools are one of the 6 Second Edition or Call to Arms starters and 1 pack of each expansion. I left out Fractured Time, Dangerous Missions and Genesis because I thought they helped Fed more than anyone else.

Here are your first round pairings:
Michael Van Breemen (@The Ninja Scot) vs. Mathew McCalpin (@Professor Scott) FW 100-35
Kris Sonsteby (@LORE) vs. Remo Giancola (@doctorjoya) FW 100-65
Brian Sykes (@Armus) vs. Daniel Giddings (@Danny) FW 100-65
Christopher Jansa (@Psionic Hobo) vs. Maggie Geppert (@jadziadax8) FW 100-65
Adam Bargar (@abargar7510) vs. lotjx2 (@lotjx2) FW 100-0

This first round is two weeks to allow folks to build their deck and play their games. I will pair round 2 on June 19th, unless everyone gets their games in earlier.
Last edited by jadziadax8 on Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:06 am, edited 4 times in total.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Just to confirm a few things before I start: the decks are standard size; the games are standard length; and personnel of different affiliations may be played at different HQ's but NOT ships of different affiliations.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
doctorjoya wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:19 pm Just to confirm a few things before I start: the decks are standard size; the games are standard length; and personnel of different affiliations may be played at different HQ's but NOT ships of different affiliations.
Yes
Yes
Yes (cost +1 for personnel to different HQs but not ships)
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Just a quick note:

The new errata announced today does not affect this event, since it started before they were announced. If you have to update Lackey and are using one of the cards errataed today, the old text is still in effect.

@abargar7510 @lotjx2 @The Ninja Scot @Professor Scott @Armus @Danny @LORE @doctorjoya @Psionic Hobo

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Danny gets the FW (100-65) against Brian.

Good game, and thanks for taking the early morning hit to get it done :thumbsup:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Danny wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:58 am Danny gets the FW (100-65) against Brian.

Good game, and thanks for taking the early morning hit to get it done :thumbsup:
Indeed. Classic sealed deck coin toss game.

I feel like I totally stole the last sealed deck event... glad to see the Law of Averages is still in effect... :P
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
It looks like we're waiting on @The Ninja Scot and @Professor Scott to play their game and we're onto the next round.

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]