For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Greetings all!

This post is woefully late, and I apologize for that. May was a crazy month for me that came and went before I even knew what was happening - one reason we were on hiatus!

Anyway, to business! The 2023 Return to Talos IV series rolls on in June with a fan favorite: Golden Age 1999! All cards released in Premiere through Rules of Acquisition are legal. In addition, we're taking some text off of cards and putting them back in the Rulebook where they were back when this card pool was THE card pool to play:

Cybernetics Expertise: The first sentence is considered in effect for all games. Free androids are back, baby!

White Deprivation: The full card text is considered in effect for all games.

And finally: The Borg Outpost Rule is back! Players may seed their Borg Outpost on the table "In the Delta Quadrant" and play Borg 1999 style!

Aside from that, this is a Modern (formerly known as OTF) tournament, and all current rules and errata are in effect.

So when does this gig kick off? Well, Tomorrow (June 2, 2023) actually! Like I said, I'm a bit behind. HOWEVER, in an effort to get people in who may want to play and didn't know about it, I'm going to hold off on posting first round pairings until tomorrow evening (approximately 24 hours from the time of this post). Players will then have until NEXT Sunday (June 11, 2023) to get their first round game in. I like to give a few extra days for the first round just because you never know who'll be jumping in and out. Also, the 1e OTF/Modern Regional is still going on, so I'm going to be as flexible as I can with the schedule to minimize schedule cram for the players looking to play in both events.

If you haven't played in this era, or haven't played in this era since 1999, I HIGHLY encourage you to give it a shot. This is a great card pool under Modern rules with a slightly slower game pace, but none of the cheese from back in the day. I had a blast playing last time around and would recommend it to just about anybody.

Please PM me or post here if you have any questions! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ok, so we're kicking off with 12 players, a very good number, and sufficient to add a 4th round!

Without further ado, here are your first round pairings:

rtiger32 (@rtiger32) vs. Richard Laurie (@StellarCartography)
Matthew Zinno (@commdecker) vs. Niall Matthew (@sexecutioner)
Jarrod Cafaro (@Takket) vs. Brad Snyder (@ORION)
Matthew McCalpin (@Professor Scott) vs. Thomas V (@Exon)
Stephen R. Sanders (@Spock with a Goatee) vs. Stefan Slaby (@Winner of Borg)
Michael Van Breemen (@The Ninja Scot) vs. Joseph Wisniewski (@geraldkw)

If anyone would like to join, in please PM me. I know the thread got posted later than usual and I'm willing to work with people - the main goal is to play the game and have fun!

Speaking of working with people, I would appreciate if everyone can get their games in by NEXT Sunday (June 11th, 2023). However, I know there's several Regional crossover players, and if you need some extra time to get both games in, please let me know ... I'll work with you as much as possible.

And of course, there's always the caveat that if we get all of the games in early, I'll start the next round early.

Good luck everyone, and have fun! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Spock with a Goatee wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:05 am Winner of Borg FW Spock with a Goatee 0 - 0 (I conceded. He made a pretty great move from which I had no way to come back.) Short game, but fun. :cheersL:
Ok, if you're conceding, and you scored no points, that's a 100-0 Full Win for Slaby.

By Spock with a Goatee (Stephen R Sanders)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:07 am
Spock with a Goatee wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:05 am Winner of Borg FW Spock with a Goatee 0 - 0 (I conceded. He made a pretty great move from which I had no way to come back.) Short game, but fun. :cheersL:
Ok, if you're conceding, and you scored no points, that's a 100-0 Full Win for Slaby.
Gotcha. I edited my original post. Can't explain more without revealing Winner's deck. But he pulled off a really great play that made his eventual win inevitable. Kudos to him.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Exon wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:41 pm Exon MW 14-0 vs Professor Scott in an epic brawl. Thanks for the game! :cheersL:
Did either player complete a mission? If not that result should be a True Tie. Non mission points in excess of mission points still don't count towards winning, despite now counting for differential in some circumstances.

@Professor Scott
@Exon

By Exon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E Risa Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:51 pm
Exon wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:41 pm Exon MW 14-0 vs Professor Scott in an epic brawl. Thanks for the game! :cheersL:
Did either player complete a mission? If not that result should be a True Tie. Non mission points in excess of mission points still don't count towards winning, despite now counting for differential in some circumstances.

@Professor Scott
@Exon
Yes, I completed a mission but lost a lot of points along the way.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Exon wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:04 pm
Armus wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:51 pm

@Professor Scott
@Exon
Yes, I completed a mission but lost a lot of points along the way.
Amazing. I can't wait to hear about this game!

Pairings coming soon!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Thanks to everyone for getting your games in on time! It's always appreciated!

Without further ado, here are your Round 2 pairings:

Joseph Wisniewski (@geraldkw) vs. Matt Zinno (@commdecker)
Rtiger32 (@rtiger32) vs. Stefan Slaby (@Winner of Borg)
Jarrod Cafaro (@Takket) vs. Thomas V (@Exon)
Stephen R Sanders (@Spock with a Goatee) vs. Niall Matthew (@sexecutioner)
Matthew McCalpin (@Professor Scott vs. Richard Laurie (@StellarCartography) BYE
Brad Snyder (@ORION) vs. Michael Van Breemen (@The Ninja Scot)

Please try to have your games complete by Sunday, June 18th, 2023. As always, if everybody wraps early, I'll start the next round early.

Good luck, everyone! :cheersL:

EDIT: Richard dropped, so @Professor Scott will get a bye for Round 2.
Last edited by Armus on Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation