For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Happy 15th anniversary of The Continuing Committee! In the spirit of reflecting on the history of the CC and Second Edition, I have decided to run a Return to Farpoint series. This will be a set of online events moving us through the history of Second Edition.

This is the final event in the Return to Farpoint series, so cards through the entire CC run are allowed. For this Virtual constructed event, players will build a deck using only virtual cards (those bearing a “V” rarity*) and authorized proxy cards. Authorized proxies are a special set of proxy cards comprising all missions, non‐unique personnel, and non‐unique ships. All other physical cards produced during the Decipher era from 1994 through 2007 are strictly prohibited.

Each round will be one week, starting Monday, December 4th. New round pairings will be announced each Monday. Players will play online using Lackey and an agreed-upon method of communication (Skype, Discord, etc.).

*No VP**. Seriously. If you're using the format filter on the Premium deckbuilder, please check to make sure it's not still using VP cards, which used to be allowed in this format.

**Yes, if it's a VP of a V card, you may use it. So, if you really like the Kirk picture on the VP of Adopted Authority, feel free to use that instead of Patrick or Martok.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
doctorjoya wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:33 am A lot of original cards have alternate image versions with only "V" printed on them.

How is everyone filtering? My premium filter is still listing alternate versions from original cards.
I’m going the safe route and only pulling cards with V in the deckbuilder lest I accidentally pull a VP that isn’t off a V (aside from the “authorized proxies”).
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
doctorjoya wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:33 am A lot of original cards have alternate image versions with only "V" printed on them.

How is everyone filtering? My premium filter is still listing alternate versions from original cards.
I am using the premium deckbuilder filter and ignoring anything that has a VP, R, P or A designation. I am also ignoring the common dilemmas that are showing up from Call to Arms.

And yes, since we made V versions of some Decipher-era cards, like Infestation and The Sword of Kahless, in Second Skin, those cards are legal.

It also means that you cannot use cards like Edo Probe, which are VPs, but CC-produced. (This one made me sad. I wanted to use that card quite badly in my dilemma pile.)
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Psionic Hobo wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:10 pm Are cards with S legal?
No, unless they are in the subset of authorized proxies.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2023
jadziadax8 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:32 pm
Psionic Hobo wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:10 pm Are cards with S legal?
No, unless they are in the subset of authorized proxies.
So that's all the missions (which is important given the number of HQs with an S rarity)

Plus:
Noret'ikar
Calibration Drone
Thexor
Borg Sphere
D'Deridex
I.K.S. Vor'cha
Jem'Hadar Attack Ship
U.S.S. Akira
U.S.S. Nebula

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
abargar7510 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:43 am

I’m going the safe route and only pulling cards with V in the deckbuilder lest I accidentally pull a VP that isn’t off a V (aside from the “authorized proxies”).
yeah but if you type in damar useful adjunct with the virtual filter on, his AI comes up. but he is not legal in this format if i understand the rules correctly. so im wondering how to build without checking each card manually.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2023
The Ninja Scot wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:02 pm BTW, what's the verdict on At What Cost?

https://www.trekcc.org/2e/?cardID=3937

Michael
Looks like a V card to me... that it's arguably a bad decision to have included it in ID:R doesn't change the facts.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Armus wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:10 pm
The Ninja Scot wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:02 pm BTW, what's the verdict on At What Cost?

https://www.trekcc.org/2e/?cardID=3937

Michael
Looks like a V card to me... that it's arguably a bad decision to have included it in ID:R doesn't change the facts.
Correct. It has a V, therefore it's in the pool.
Drive from Work: Continuing Mission

At some point I had to get some rambly thoughts in[…]

Mis-seeds

If you have to mark your cards to win, have you re[…]

1. Frool reports for free and has Youth, so folk[…]

I got the FW against @doctorjoya 100-45. It was […]