• 98 posts

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
"I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, 'wouldn't it be much worse if life *were* fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them?' So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Would you believe that it has been so long that not only do I not remember the password to my original account, I do not remember the e-mail address I used to join?

Suffice it to say, I used to play Trek so long ago that I still remember how Decipher's old forums looked.

Anyways, I found myself with the possibility of heading out to Washington state for a business trip, when someone informed me that the same weekend I will likely have free time in Seattle will host this year's Continentals! So I figured I might swing by and raise a little hell for old time's sake.

I'm a lousy Trek player and probably a lousier person IRL but I figured I can probably spend the weekend annoying you all once more.

Qapla'!

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Just curious what people like to bring to these big tourneys (i.e. whole collection plus portable photo printer or couple of decks plus box of printouts).

Also, how many decks will 2E players need for the whole weekend? And Tribbles decks?
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
1E American National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
doctorjoya wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:24 am Just curious what people like to bring to these big tourneys (i.e. whole collection plus portable photo printer or couple of decks plus box of printouts).

Also, how many decks will 2E players need for the whole weekend? And Tribbles decks?
Usually when I travel I bring as many decks that I can't decide upon before flying along with a variety of dilemmas. But, I'm weird and atypical in this regard...

Technically speaking, if you're doing 2E and Tribbles each day, you only need one deck for each (there's nothing saying that you can't play the same deck during each constructed tournament for any of the card games) If you want to play different decks for each tournament, that's your choice (i.e. play deck #1 for one tournament and deck #2 for the other tournament.)

Michael
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
If I'm flying in, I am very careful about what I bring. I usually bring two decks for each game. All decks are printed, so there are no physical cards from my collection and no foils. Foils seem to trip the TSA out, BTW, so I leave them at home whenever I can.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:44 am If I'm flying in, I am very careful about what I bring. I usually bring two decks for each game. All decks are printed, so there are no physical cards from my collection and no foils. Foils seem to trip the TSA out, BTW, so I leave them at home whenever I can.
TSA can check my bag as much as they like, I won't play without foils.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
If anyone wants me to bring anything (sealed product, foils for trade, etc.) let me know. And as always, I'm happy to assist/volunteer as needed.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:44 am If I'm flying in, I am very careful about what I bring. I usually bring two decks for each game. All decks are printed, so there are no physical cards from my collection and no foils. Foils seem to trip the TSA out, BTW, so I leave them at home whenever I can.
Do you have a backing for the printouts? How do you play with no card in the sleeve?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
doctorjoya wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:49 am
Do you have a backing for the printouts? How do you play with no card in the sleeve?
You must have a backer for your printed cards. They don't have to be Star Trek CCG cards, though. You can use a poker deck or buy a bunch of 10 cent Magic Lands for your backers, as long as everything is the same and you use opaque sleeves for non-Trek backers.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]