By stoovie (Matthyas Kiraly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
That's right folks, I said A WEEK! :)

It all starts on Sunday the 24th of June 2012 at Good Games Burwood with the first heat of the 2012 Australian Tribbles CCG Continental Championships qualifier preceding the Australian Academy Championships!

Then that famous marathon of Trek goodness kicks off at 6pm Wednesday the 27th of June with the Australian Biermeister Nationals, culminating with a big final day of competition on Sunday the 1st of July with the Second Edition Continentals finals and the Tribbles CCG Continentals finals!

Crikey! It's the...

2012 Australian Continental Championships

WHEN
Sunday the 24th of June, then Wednesday the 27th of June to Sunday the 1st of July 2012

WHERE

(click for Google Map)
Good Games, Burwood
Level 1
195A Burwood Rd
Burwood NSW 2134

(click for Google Map)
Maloney's Hotel, Sydney (for the Biermeister only)
81 Goulburn Street (corner Pitt St)
Sydney NSW 2000

WHAT
Plenty of STAR TREK CCG First Edition and STAR TREK CCG Second Edition action in one weekend, including the Australian Biermeister Nationals, two big sealed deck events for 1e and 2e, and three Continentals!

Don't forget, with the Star Trek CCG World Championships in Sydney on the 5th-9th September 2012, those World Championship byes will be more important than ever. The 2012 Australia Continental Championships are a MUST for those Australian players wanting to kick-start their Worlds campaign!

SUNDAY (24th of June)
The 2012 Australian Continentals week kicks off with the first qualifying heat of the Tribbles CCG Australian Continental Championships, just before the start of the Australian Academy Championships!

10am - Tribbles CCG Continental Championships QUALIFIER - Heat 1
Rounds: 5
Projected Duration: 45 minutes
Edition: Tribbles CCG
Format: Tribbles Constructed
Cost: $2
Venue: Good Games Burwood
Other: Players randomly divided into pods of four or five. Top player from each pod qualifies for the finals.

WEDNESDAY (27th of June)
Six o'clock is Beer-o'clock, with the biggest Australian STCCG social event on the calendar, the Australian Biermeister!

6pm - Australian Biermeister Nationals [Australian Biermeister rules and cards]
Rounds: 4
Projected Duration: 5-6 hours
Edition: Second Edition
Format: Australian Biermeister-themed Academy Constructed Deck
Venue: TBA
Cost: $10 (plus cost of drinks)
Decklists: None required
Other: in the Australian Biermeister Academy format, build a deck using Common, Starter, Virtual cards (i.e. cards with "C", "S", or "V" only) as well as ANY missions, any 2011 Australian Biermeister card (i.e. with collector's info "0TA28" - "0TA49" - a printable PDF will be available soon for download for those who want additional copies). At the event, each participant will also be provided one set of nine all-NEW 2012 Australian Biermeister cards, plus an exclusive 2012 AC Biermeister promo. These cards will already be affixed to backing cards, so no backing cards will be required. Players may add these to their decks prior to the start of the event. Open trading of the promos will be allowed up until just prior to the announcement of the Round 1 pairings.

THURSDAY (28th of June)
Thursday is Draft Day! Put aside those constructed decks and test your deck-building abilities on the fly with a 1e and 2e draft double-header!

2pm - OTSD Draft
Rounds: 3
Projected Duration: 4-5 hours
Edition: First Edition
Format: OTSD Draft - sealed deck
Venue: Good Games, Burwood
Cost: $5
Decklists: Submit online
Other: Each participant will receive the contents of an OTSD. Players divided into even pods and draft each booster.

6:30pm - Infinite Diversity Draft
Rounds: 4
Projected Duration: 4 hours
Format: Infinite Diversity Virtual Draft
Cost: $15
Decklists: Submit online.
Other: $5 DISCOUNT if you bring your own 21-card INFINITE DIVERSITY set! Remember, two copies of Product Placement, one of each of the rest. All full-colour draft packs will be provided, pre-cut and ready to play. Just bring sleeves and backing cards.

FRIDAY (29th of June)
Friday is First Edition, with a marathon 6-round First Edition Continentals! A Second Edition constructed deck event will be held at 6pm for anyone wanting one final chance to refine their strategy (or play some mind-games) before Saturday's 2e AC.

3pm - Australian First Edition Continental Championships QUALIFIER/FINALS
Rounds: 6 + Final Confrontation*
Projected Duration: 7-8 hours
Edition: First Edition
Format: Official Tournament Format - Constructed Deck
Cost: $25
Decklists: Submit printed copy at the tournament, then submit online after tournament. Please enter your decklist in trekcc.org's Deckbuilder and print out a decklist (don't forget to check "Print Decklist" before clicking the "Print" button!)
Other: IF the event runs past 8pm, the Final Confrontation may be postponed until after the 2e AC Qualifier on Saturday. Final decision will be made in consultation with the venue and two finalists.

6pm - Second Edition Side Event
Projected Duration: 3 hours
Format: Standard Constructed Deck
Cost: Free
Decklists: Submit Online
Other: Anything goes. This free event will be very casual, just have some fun.

6pm - Tribbles CCG Continental Championships QUALIFIER - Heat 2
Projected Duration: 1 hour
Other: Players randomly divided into pods of four or five. Top player from each pod qualifies for the finals.

SATURDAY (30th of June)
Colossus in nature, Saturday's Second Edition AC Qualifier continues to maintain its status as the greatest marathon of Star Trek CCG in Australia, testing the stamina of even the most hardened card gamers.

9:45am - Mission Briefing
Important briefing about procedure for the day, as well as any important rulings or clarifications and the decision on the 2e finals bracket.

10am - Australian Second Edition Continental Championships QUALIFIER
Rounds: 6
Projected Duration: 7-8 hours
Format: Standard Constructed Deck
Cost: $25
Decklists: Submit printed copy at the tournament, then submit online after tournament. Please enter your decklist in trekcc.org's Deckbuilder and print out a decklist (don't forget to check "Print Decklist" before clicking the "Print" button!)
Other: The finals structure will be determined by the number of players in attendance prior to the start of the event: 16 or fewer players, Top 8 Modified McIntyre bracket; more than 16 players, Top 16 Modified McIntyre bracket.

5:30pm - Tribbles CCG Continental Championships QUALIFIER - Heat 3

SUNDAY (1st of July)
Capping off a big week in Trek, Sunday begins with the 2e AC finals, a whole heap of side events, award presentations, and winding down with Tribbles.

10am - Australian Second Edition Continental Championships FINALS
Rounds: Top 8 - 4 rounds; Top 16 - 5 rounds
Projected Duration: 5-6 hours
Format: Constructed
Cost: FREE
Other: All decks will be checked prior to the event and retained at the Judge's table between games. The Final Confrontation will be best-of-three.

12pm - Tribbles CCG Continental Championships QUALIFIER - Heat 4

1pm - Standard Orbit
Projected Duration: 3 hours
Format: Standard Orbit - Standard Constructed
Other: Players rotate around the tables every 15 minutes and play whatever they have in front of them!

4pm - Mission Debriefing, Prizes, and World Championships Briefing
Prizes from the five days will be presented. Any other announcements will also take place, including important information regarding the World Championships and the lead-up to the event.

5pm - Australian Tribbles CCG Continental Championships FINALS
Decklists: Submit printed copy at the tournament, then submit online after tournament.
Other: Top player from each of the four qualifiers will play out 5 rounds to determine the Australian Tribbles CCG Continental Champion!

5pm - Open Tribbles CCG Constructed Tournament
Decklists: Submit online
Other: Missed out on the finals but still have something to prove? Dying to try out that Rainbow IDIC deck against competition from around Australia? Filling in time while you wait for your designated driver to finish playing in the Tribbles finals? Then take a seat!

====================

Subscribe to this thread (link at top of page) and stay informed of any updates as they happen!

====================
Last edited by stoovie on Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Matthyas, I asked this question at my 1st ACCs, is the number of cards in a players hand public information? For instance, can I ask my opponent how many cards they have in hand?

Not just for cards that specifically reference an opponent's hand, like Carol Marcus or some Ferengi, but for other situations where it is relevant.

For instance, I want to play Kobb and also have a Defiant in play. With those two cards, I can make my opponent lose 3 cards. Would it not be relevant for me to know how many cards are in my opponent's hand, so I can decide my next play? Or, I know my opponent plays Escape (he played one earlier in the game), I am considering my dilemmas, would it not be relevant for me to know hwo many cards my opponent has in hand to determine if he could play Escape?

How would you rule on this at this years ACCs?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Oops, how did I miss this. Sorry about that Craig, but yeah, as James said above. :)

The other thing I would like to point out while I'm here is regarding Academy format card pool. There has been mention that, for example, VP reprints of common cards, are legal in this format. At this stage, this is NOT true. The format clearly specifies that the cards must either be missions, or "C", "V", or "S" rarity cards. Non-C-S-V-mission cards, regardless of the rarity on any earlier or later printings, are not legal in Academy format.

This covers the Australian Academy Nationals, the Australian Biermeister Nationals, the World Academy Championships, and the Australian Biermeister Worlds.

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
stoovie wrote:Oops, how did I miss this. Sorry about that Craig, but yeah, as James said above. :)

The other thing I would like to point out while I'm here is regarding Academy format card pool. There has been mention that, for example, VP reprints of common cards, are legal in this format. At this stage, this is NOT true. The format clearly specifies that the cards must either be missions, or "C", "V", or "S" rarity cards. Non-C-S-V-mission cards, regardless of the rarity on any earlier or later printings, are not legal in Academy format.

This covers the Australian Academy Nationals, the Australian Biermeister Nationals, the World Academy Championships, and the Australian Biermeister Worlds.
Starting a thread in "rules" to avoid distracting from a fine topic!

Honest

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
NEWS UPDATE: Sunday, 17th June 2012

With the main events of the 2012 AC week only a little over a week away, I think now's a good time to go over a few things that you might like to be prepared for over the week, both for attendees and those keeping score online.

Due to printing/product limits, there are limits to the number of players at the following tournaments:

Biermeister - Academy Constructed
18 sets of 2012 Australian Biermeister cards have been produced. It's highly unlikely that we will have more than that attending, but in case we do, the cards will be allocated to pre-registered players first, then on a first-come, first serve basis.

1e OTSD Sealed
For this event, we will only be using the CONTENTS of the OTSD's. The boxes have been allocated for other purposes. There will be the contents of 16 boxes available, and will be allocated to pre-registered players first, then on a first-come, first-serve basis.

2e ID Draft
Only 18 sets of the mission/draft packs, will be printed, and will be allocated to pre-registered players first, then on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Players are asked to bring their own 21-card Infinite Diversity set (one of each of the 20 cards in Set 21, plus an additional copy of Product Placement). There are only a limited number of Infinite Diversity sets available (I have printed only 6, in case of new players, or if someone forgets their set). Remember, there is a discount for those who bring their own.

The Lazy Person's Guide on What to Build for the 2012 Australian Continentals

Not sure what you need to have to play in all the events over the weekend? Here's a checklist of the minimum you need:

2e Australian Biermeister-enhanced Academy Constructed deck - for the Biermeister
2e Standard Constructed deck - for the warm-up, the AC (qualifier and final), and Sunday's Standard Orbit tournament
1e OTF Constructed deck - for the AC
• a Tribbles CCG deck! - four qualifiers plus the finals and fun event on Sunday!

That's it! Of course, having a second 2e deck for the Friday warm-up may be more your style if you don't want to spoil your mad AC Day One (qualifier) tech ahead of time. Not to mention the option of playing a different deck on Day Two (the finals) So you may end up having an additional one, two or three 2e Standard Constructed decks!

Not all events require decklists, but most do. I would recommend making one for each deck you are playing in (easy to print one out if your deck is already in the deckbuilder on trekcc.org). If it's not required, it's often handy to have anyhow, for instance, if you think you've lost cards from your deck during a tournament.

Also, the ID Draft, I encourage everyone to bring an Infinite Diversity set (the 20-card set, plus an additional copy of Product Placement, making 21 cards in total). Don't forget, of course, everyone needs their backing cards and sleeves too. :)

IMPORTANT - If you already know you or others attending WON'T have Infinite Diversity sets, please let me know so I can bring some. Don't rely on the six sets that I have spare will cover everyone. They will be strictly first-come, first-serve, but if you tell me you need any before I leave Perth this Friday, I can get more sets printed (they're my high-quality printings you can reuse at future events, and are great value for the quality). Happy to make more, but only as required.

This year's AC will once again be a multimedia fest! in addition to standard tournament results being entered, we'll have Twitter, Facebook, trekcc.org forum updates, photos, and more VIDEO INTERVIEWS than ever before! These are being coordinated by Iron Mike Nugent are will be posted on YouTube. Links to our special new channel will be posted soon.

Just another reminder that we would like people to post their decklists online at the conclusion of an event, as soon as results are posted. If you don't wish to post your deck until the end of the weekend, we ask that you please do so Sunday night after the conclusion of the AC, or let me know if you are going to post it later so I can expect it.

Decklists are an integral part of our 1e and 2e design process, helping guide the game towards a balanced, enjoyable environment. But it relies on everyone playing their part and getting their decklist online. :)

Stay tuned to this thread over the next week for more news as it comes to hand!

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
details are very sketchy...

Going into the last round, there were maybe 6 people on 7 beers. I got bashed by Iron Mike, so I am out, but I think Rob won his last. Shane, the defending Champ, threw in the towel at the end of round 3, so whilst he may have won his last match against Stoovie(who I think was also on 7 beers, but looked as if he'd had 800) he was out of contention. The Australian Academy Champion, Peg leg Pete, was also there at the business end, striving to become a dual title holder

Depending on whether I had double vision or not, I think there was 16 or 18 for the event, plus Eliza has on hand to play, but as a non drinker sat out to avoid a bye. Iron Mike did, as usual, an exceptional job in trying circumstances running the event.

As an aside, I played Stoovie round 1. First mission attempt I made, in space with 7 goobers with 3 40 point missions and not a beer down yet. First dilemma I face from Stoovie was...casual recursion. That made me smile!

Cheers, see ya at the draft tonight

Honest

By jayzilla
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Sadly, I won't be able to make it tonight but I will be there tomorrow.
If someone could lend me the following cards I would be quite thankful:
Driven, Interrupt from There are the voyages
Leonard H. McCoy, Chief Medical Officer Personnel from These are the Voyages
James T. Kirk, Highly-Decorated Captain, Personnel from These are the Voyages
Spock, Science Officer, These Are The Voyages
Jadzia Dax, Communications Staffer, These Are The Voyages
Benjamin Sisko, Command Staffer, These Are The Voyages

Cheers
Jay
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability