By thsch (Thomas Schneider)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Kaiser wrote:I would love to see a 1E Constructed tournament on Friday instead of (or as an alternative to) the OTSD sealed. Any chance of that happening?
The idea behind the OTSD sealed is to allow everybody (including the 2E players that do not own / cannot find their 1E cards) to play in the same tournament. Having a 1E constructed tournament instead or in parallel will kind of ruin this idea...
Also we will run 1E constructed tournaments on Saturday and Sunday, so playing OTSD on Friday will keep things interesting for the 1E only players.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
nickyank wrote:Are any 2E events planned for Friday (aside from the Beermeister)? And also, is there anything planned for 2E Saturday evening?
We are reworking the schedule for Friday, please reply here if you have any wishes.
Currently we have only planned a Tribbles tournament for Saturday evening. If there is demand for another 2E event we can surely schedule one but I assume most players will be tired after the 7 rounds of Day 1...

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
G'Kar wrote:When shall we expect details on Sunday 2E side event, btw?
We are finalizing the details. Expect an official announcement very soon.

I just realized we did not publish the starting fees yet (or at least I cannot find them anymore) so here they are:
Friday: 10 €
Saturday: 25 €
Sunday: 25 €
3 Days: 50 €

Also, based on your wishes we changed the schedule for Friday: The 1E tournament will now be a Constructed. In addition we scheduled a 2E Academy starting at the same time (4:00PM on Friday).

Looking forward to see you all in Vienna!

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
Once again, I won't be able to stay till the end - I will have to leave by around 7.00pm Sunday night in order to catch a train home. Might as well pack some fun deck in case I qualify for Day 2. :thumbsup:

Btw, is there a chance that a format is used that takes less time than Top 16 best-of-three match play for 2E Day 2? Personally, after Worlds in Sydney, I'd love to see the McIntyre Bracket with one-and-done matches, and a best-of-three only for the final confrontation - that was seriously good fun! Would be great if the people in charge considered this elimination format.

Also, I'm considering playing a couple of rounds in the 1E tournaments over the weekend, but I'd need a couple of cards. Is there anyone who could bring some 1E stuff for me? Please PM me!

Same goes for 2E. I will have to leave for Vienna on Monday already, so there's no way I have the time to build decks for all the side events. I'd gladly take decks for Academy, Biermeister, whatever format it is, also Tribbles, if you've got spare decks with you.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Johannes

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
nickyank wrote:Do we know yet if Day 2 2E is likely to be top 8 or top 16?
Depends on the number of players (at the start of Day 1):
Top 16 if we have at least 22 players
Top 8 if we have at least 12 players
Top 4 otherwise (even if I would be surprised if we will be less than 12 players...)

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
nuttersuclan wrote:Last gasp check at flights... £500!

Oh well.
dose soem quick convertions in head and OUCH, I thought it was sposed to be cheaper to fly around europe, i know in the past I've looked stuf fliek that up and wished i could get flights like there.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Worf Son of Mogh wrote:

Oh well.
dose soem quick convertions in head and OUCH, I thought it was sposed to be cheaper to fly around europe, i know in the past I've looked stuf fliek that up and wished i could get flights like there.
I imagine with it being summer time though in the northern hemisphere...a lot of places suffer from vacation time and people traveling. With Worlds being in October and in Germany...I'm surprised anyone will be able to find tickets with Oktoberfest... :shifty:

:cheersL: :cheersR:

~D

By Cersan
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Russian National Second Runner-Up 2016
HoodieDM wrote:
Worf Son of Mogh wrote:

Oh well.
I imagine with it being summer time though in the northern hemisphere...a lot of places suffer from vacation time and people traveling. With Worlds being in October and in Germany...I'm surprised anyone will be able to find tickets with Oktoberfest... :shifty:

:cheersL: :cheersR:

~D
I think Oktoberfest will be over at that time. I had no problem ordering tickets, it's still very early however.
1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]

Thermokinetic explosion

Then why do we specify unused on outclassed? […]

Klingon Neelix ponderings

I am collecting data at this point. Someone aske[…]

Keep in mind that it doesn't stop anyone itself, m[…]