For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By stoovie (Matthyas Kiraly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
NEWS UPDATE: Thursday, 6th June 2013

Due to printing/product limits, there are limits to the number of players at the following tournaments:

Biermeister - Academy Constructed
18 sets of 2013 Australian Biermeister cards have been produced. It's highly unlikely that we will have more than that attending, but in case we do, the cards will be distributed at the scheduled start time on a first-come, first serve basis.

2e ID Draft
Only 18 sets of the mission/draft packs, will be printed, and will be allocated at the scheduled start time to pre-registered players first, then on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Players are asked to bring their own 21-card Infinite Diversity set (one of each of the 20 cards in Set 21, plus an additional copy of Product Placement). There are only a limited number of Infinite Diversity sets available. Remember, there is a discount for those who bring their own.

The Lazy Person's Guide on What DECKS to Build for the 2013 Australian Continentals

Not sure what you need to have to play in all the events over the weekend? Here's a checklist of the minimum decks you need to enjoy the full 2013 AC experience:

2e Australian Biermeister-enhanced Academy Constructed deck - for the Biermeister
2e Standard Constructed deck - for the warm-up, and AC (qualifier and final)
2e Slipstream Constructed deck
2e Virtual Constructed deck
1e OTF Constructed deck - for the AC
• a Tribbles CCG deck! - four qualifiers plus the finals and fun event on Sunday!

That's it! Of course, having a second 2e deck for the Friday warm-up may be more your style if you don't want to spoil your mad AC Day One (qualifier) tech ahead of time. Not to mention the option of playing a different deck on Day Two (the finals) So you may end up having an additional one, two or three 2e Standard Constructed decks!

Not all events require decklists, but most do. I would recommend making one for each deck you are playing in (easy to print one out if your deck is already in the deckbuilder on trekcc.org). If it's not required, it's often handy to have anyhow, for instance, if you think you've lost cards from your deck during a tournament.

Also, the ID Draft, I encourage everyone to bring an Infinite Diversity set (the 20-card set, plus an additional copy of Product Placement, making 21 cards in total). Don't forget, of course, everyone needs their backing cards and sleeves too. :)

IMPORTANT - If you already know you or others attending WON'T have Infinite Diversity sets, please let me know so I can bring some. Don't rely on the very few sets that I have to cover you. They will also be strictly first-come, first-serve, but if you tell me you need any before I leave Perth at the end of June, I can get more sets printed (they're my high-quality printings you can reuse at future events, and are great value for the quality). Happy to make more, but only as required.

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
Hey Team,

Now that the 2013 AU Continentals is done and dusted, I'd just like to say thanks to a couple of people for making it the fun event it was

#The Dillon Family for making the effort to come down from Brisbane. Its always fun playing these guys, they (and Mike2E) make the argument for travelling to Brisbane to play Trek more often compelling

#The Clarke family for making the trip up from Canberra. Not only are they some of the games best players anywhere, they are also class people who are just good to have around

#Rob and Matt from Perth for coming over. Great players and good fun to have. Sorry I couldn't make it to the biermeister this time around guys

#Jaime (Hida Mann) owner of Good Games Hurstville for hosting the event. Not only was Jaime a gracious and warm host, he also has vigorously promoted TREK for the last 2ish months through demos and his online pages. I believe while ever he will have us, this store will be the home of the big Sydney TREK events

#Lore (Kris Sonstenby) for sending a fun, cool Minnesota themed prize pack over to us. The Louisiana sauce was the most sought after article, and Shane wore the car light cap through a game of Tribbles, and game of Kingdom Builder, and then left wearing it. This cross community type of exchanges makes me happy, and shows what a cool global community we have

#The CC for keeping the game alive, and for sending out a bunch of quality promos. We'd all be stuffed without you guys

#And speaking of being stuffed, TREK in Australia would not be a patch on what it is without the massive effort put in by Matthyas. Stoovie works his backside for months beforehand, then for 12 hours a day for 4 days whilst the event is on. Whilst everyone was playing Virtual of Tribbles this afternoon, Stoovie was setting up 4 tables worth of prizes. He is the reason TREK is still being played in Australia.

Well done to Chris (playing Big Borg) winning his 5th (?) Australian Continentals, to go with his World Championship. He also said after the event this will probably be his (and Lee's) last TREK event. I hope not. Matt Townsend finished a gallant second using Klingons. Iron Mike (Big Borg) and Lee (Relativity) were the other semi finalists

Iron Mike did something that not many people have done-winning 2 Continentals in the same year. Iron Mike (playing Ferengi) beat Greg Dillon (Hidrogin) in the final of 1E, then won the Tribbles event, after winning a last chance qualifier.

A fantastic weekend is over, can't wait for the next one. For all those with a thirst for road trips, Brisbane 16-17 November is a date to put in your diary

Cheers all, keep shuffling

Honest

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
1E Tomalak wrote:Hey guys Just wondering if anyone noticed a "construct starship" card left at the tournament I took it out of my rom deck as part of the tweaking on friday and went to work on my deck today and couldn't find the card....

Bit of a long shot but thought i might ask.
Hi Adam ... I haven't seen it but pretty sure I have a spare copy if you need it. Pretty sure it is also printable. Next 1E event in Penrith will probably be in a few weeks. Hope u can ate it.
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]