Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
What do you think is going to do well at GenCon? What do you think is going to do poorly? Who is going to surprise us with their performance? Speculate away!

-crp

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
Klingons, Borg and Maquis will do well, but I see surprise with TOS doing pretty well too.
Dominion will suck big time, as always :(

I'm gonna do poorly, especially as I'm taking 2 Dominion decks! I predict James is going to come back from his recent poor showing, and do really well.

And the Beermeister will be awesome :)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:What do you think is going to do well at GenCon? What do you think is going to do poorly? Who is going to surprise us with their performance? Speculate away!

-crp

I expect Neil Timmons to either Dominate the field or finish just above Nick :wink:

I've been his sous-chef in cooking up some secret tech that is either going to be totally awesome or epically, destructively, fail-tastically BAD (i.e., no room for finishing in the middle of the pack on this one)

Anyone care to speculate on that speculation? :shifty:
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Random thoughts (I may have a few of these as I think of them)

I have 10 decks ready to go for constructed events and working on the 11th and final.

The only constructed event I'm planning on attending and not bringing a deck for is the "Cool" tournament. Here's my entry: I'm bringing a bunch of boosters and a Voyager starter. I'll open the starter and one pack from each set I own, and build a deck. Maybe even open a couple of 2E packs and look for backward compatible cards!
 -  
Oh, and I'm arriving on almost no remaining budget. I'm bringing packs, foils, and buttons. Will trade cards for snacks? ;)
 -  
As for actual tournament speculation, I pretty much covered this on the roundtable yesterday, but basically: 1E is Ken's game to lose, 2E looks to be a very tough competition, and Tribbles is anybody's game.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
OKCoyote wrote:As for actual tournament speculation, I pretty much covered this on the roundtable yesterday, but basically: 1E is Ken's game to lose, 2E looks to be a very tough competition, and Tribbles is anybody's game.
I disagree on the 1e bit. If Dave 'The Original' Bowling shows up, he is fully capable of taking the crown. And since Gencon is pretty much in Bowling's backyard, don't be surprised if he does in fact make an appearance...

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
Armus wrote:
OKCoyote wrote:As for actual tournament speculation, I pretty much covered this on the roundtable yesterday, but basically: 1E is Ken's game to lose, 2E looks to be a very tough competition, and Tribbles is anybody's game.
I disagree on the 1e bit. If Dave 'The Original' Bowling shows up, he is fully capable of taking the crown. And since Gencon is pretty much in Bowling's backyard, don't be surprised if he does in fact make an appearance...
For what it's worth, from my perspective, Ken's still the favourite even if Dave Bowling shows up. But that's all Ken is, the favourite, and favourites lose all the time.

By sevencrdspud (Jason Beyer)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
OKCoyote wrote:Oh, and I'm arriving on almost no remaining budget. I'm bringing packs, foils, and buttons. Will trade cards for snacks? ;)
Danny, my boy, you and I are gonna get along fine...

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
I predict everyone will have fun

Gumbo will win the Biermeister

Nickyank and KillerB will have a courageous, persistant but unsuccessful crack at luring some off duty cos players back to their respective rooms

Red Dwarf will not drink any beer, nor will he get any sleep

Michael Van Breeman will play something that even those with 3 university degrees, or have drunk 14 beers don't understand, and will fall only in the 2E semis to someone who has had 15 beers

Ken and Jeremy will fight out the 1E final, Jeremy being a gracious victor

Some one will win 2E playing Big Borg, inspiring another round of calls to nerf it. Regretably a Ferengi deck won't make the top 8 this time around

The Tribbles final table will consist of Charlie, Neil, James H and Amber. Neil wins narrowly from a James H, who hears how he should have played it from Will all the way home on the 14 hour flight

Good luck all

Honest

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
OKCoyote wrote: I have 10 decks ready to go for constructed events and working on the 11th and final.
Dan will bring AT LEAST 12 decks.
 -  
The Mad Vulcan wrote:
OKCoyote wrote: I have 10 decks ready to go for constructed events and working on the 11th and final.
Dan will bring AT LEAST 12 decks.
Technically I'm bringing 13. Not all of them are mine. :)

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
I predict that Josh Sheets will win Tribbles, thus proving for a third time that playing Tribbles at least four times a week does, in fact, make you better at it.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.